the sweet story

Sweet Escape

Kris and OC One-Shot

Title: Sweet Escape

 

Should I go? Not? Should I? No. Yes? The same dilemma dominated me for the past couple of days.

Kris and I have been dating for ten months now. Yes, it's our tenth monthsary supposedly. Two days ago, however, we got into this petty fight which led to an outrageous war. I love him - I really do. Perhaps I was just not used to the spotlight he's getting. I'm not mad at him. I actually can't. It's just that I was too humiliated and guilty of what I did the last time we met. Was I too irrational and immature? I asked myself endlessly.

 

-FLASHBACK-

"Hey.", he called. I heard but I did not mind him. "Hey.", he repeated. My pride did not allow me to attend to him. "Stop that.", he said as he grabbed my wrist, not forecefully but just enough to get my attention.

"What?" I looked at him blankly.

"Stop that." he repeated. I can sense he was getting impatient.

"Stop what?" I asked , still being cold to me.

"That." he said, pointing to my hand. I was playing with my fork and have not eaten a bite. "Stop playing with your food. You're not a kid."

"Are you saying I'm immature?" I raised an eyebrow as dropping my fork to the plate, making a cling sound.

"No." he said. Short replies. For Kris, it always signals that he's impatient.

After that short reply, an awkward atmosphere of silence enveloped us. There was a supposedly romantic violin being played in the restaurant, but neither of us even listened to it. We were both in the state where we did not really understand.

"Look.", he finally said. "Is this because of last time?" This time, he was speaking softly and tenderly, as if luring me to some melody to soften my heart. I did not give in, however.

I sighed deeply before speaking. "I waited for you." I felt my eyes water, but I tried really hard to hold it in.

"Sorry." He stood up from his seat and moved to the chair beside me. "I'm so sorry. I know it's my fault.", he held my hand, squeezing it tightly.

"I understand you were busy. You were always busy but I never complained. It was supposedly our first time to meet after a month, Kris. You know I would understand if you just informed me you cannot come beforehand." By that time, I was no longer able to hold in my tears. I saw him hang his head low, a sign that he's guilty and sorry for me.

He then wiped the tears from my eyes and said sorry for the trillion times.

"Do you know what day that was?", I asked. He remained silent. He looked as if asking me what I meant. "You didn't remember, do you?"

"A lot of things has been leaving me preoccupied these days, honey. I'm sorry, I..."

Before he could finish, I butted in, "But do you remember now?"

He picked up his phone from his pocket and immediately went to the calendar application. Before he could even check, I said "It was my birthday."

I did not wait for his reaction. I immediately stood up from my seat and exited the restaurant.

"Wait." I heard him follow after me. I was too overwhelmed by emotions, however, that i ran as fast as I can and caught a cab home.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

"I should have let him explain." I told myself. "But, no! He still should have even remembered my birthday." The dilemma did not stop dominating me.

Just then, my phone rang. It was him. He has been calling me for nonstop. Tonight was his concert with other artists in his company and I did not want to add to his burden and worries for it might affect his performance, so I answered it finally. "Mmm."

"Finally.", he said. I can tell a relieved tone from his voice. "I was dead worried of you. Why aren't you answering my calls?", he said in a caring tone.

"You know the answer to that." I replied.

"Still mad?" he asked. "I guess you still are."

"No. I'm not mad, Kris." I said. "I'm just a bit... I don't know."

"Sorry. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Kris. It's okay now. Have a great performance, okay?"

"I will if I see you later in the audience." He gave me a VIP ticket beforehand. Right at that moment, I wondered if I should come.

"Kris, the director wants to talk to you.", I heard someone say from the background.

"I'll call you again later." he said "And I'll look for you in the audience. I hope you can come."

 

 

 

And of course I went to the concert. How can I reject him? After all, he has been preparing for this for quite some time. I can still remember him excitedly telling me how happy he is to do a collaboration with his senior artists. I did not want to miss his performances.

"Omo. I came here for Kris-oppa only." I heard someone say.

"Kris oppa is so handsome."

"Kris oppa is perfection."

"Kris-oppa, marry me!"

"Kris oppa, fighting!"

"Kris you're the best"

I can see many avid fangirls and even fanboys of Kris in the audience. Everyone was excitedly and frantically screaming. Shouts and cheers were heard everywhere that I started to feel dizzy and nauseated by the end of the second performance. Kris is performing by the fourth. I decided to go to the comfort room. To my dismay, however, it was too full. Still, fangirls were frantic about their biases. I took the last resort which is to go outside for some fresh air.

Time went by too swiftly that I did not realize the time. By the time I went back, Kris' performance was nearing the end.

"Babo." I told myself.

Luckily, I was able to watch the other two performances where Kris was in. I doubt if he was able to see me though. It was too crowded. By the end of his last performance, I quickly went out. After all, I came only for him.

Just as I was about to buy soda for myself, my phone rang. It was him.

"Hey.", I greeted.

"Uhmmm.. did you.. I mean..." I bet he was hesitant to ask me if I did come to the concert. I was right. He did not see me.

"Babo. I watched you.", I said.

"Really?" excitement was all over his voice, which made me glad.

"Yes. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Hey, meet me at the back of the arena.", he said.

"What? You're still..."

Before I can finish, he cut me off and said, "I love you. See you there."

 

What is he up to now? I asked myself. He still has to do the final song with all the other artists.

It did not take long for me to wait when I felt two strong arms hugging me from behind. It was him, of course. He kissed my cheek before I turned to face him.

"So you're not mad at me anymore?", he asked.

"Let's just learn from it. You won't do it again next time, right?", I said as I pinched his cheeks.

"Certainly." he said.

"You're still not done, right? The final..."

"Let's escape then." He said with a mischievous smile and then swiftly grabbed me by the arm and led me to his car. We cannot let any media person or even just anyone see us together in public. Plus, we were publicly displaying some sort of affection which was a big NO NO in the industry he was in.

"What are you up to now, Kris?" I asked, smiling as we settled in the car. He simply shrugged and proceeded to driving.

He then suddenly stopped the car by an old vacant park and snapped. "Before we go out, I have to wear my hoodie to hide. It's in the compartment. Can you get it for me? Sorry, I'm just afraid someone might recognize me without it."

"No problem.", I said as I quickly went out for the compartment.

I opened it as I was told to do so and to my surprise, balloons started to pop out. Flowers were designing at the compartment's floor and a big "Happy 10th Monthsary. I love you." note written in red bold letters.

Please subscribe and don't hesitate to comment :)

I accept one-shot requests for LAY or KRIS.

If you want to request, just follow this format...

I accept request only if you subscribe :)

Username:

Characters:

Plot:

Inspiration, if any (like a movie, song, novel, etc.):