Lonely(?) Day

Surprises

It’s Valentines…this popped into my mind! :D


3rd POV:

It was a calm morning. The sun was high up into the sky, there were barely any clouds in sight, and the streets were busy. And inside one particular room, a body could be seen, snoring lightly into a pillow before -

*Ring Ring*

A low moan could be heard as bed sheets ruffled off the bed and onto the floor, flung off by an arm – which quickly shut off the annoying noise penetrating the sleepers dream.

“Ugh…” Tired eyes opened up to the glare of the sunlight penetrating through the window. Still a bit lost, and not quite awake, Taemin slumped back into bed as he rolled over to the other side, expecting to bump onto –

*CRASH*

He just fell off the bed.

“OK…” He groaned out. “Valentines’ Day, boyfriend out to make out with a girl on camera while I’m here half-, cold and alone.” He muttered to the floor – it was simply just too much of a chore to even lift his head up.

“This ” he declared a moment later before pushing himself up on his knees and finally – somewhat – getting back on his feet.

“What time is it???” He asked…no one – since as mentioned before, he was ALONE – before taking the much too beaten alarm clock to check the time.

9:42am

Well that woke him up.

“It’s nearly 10?!” He exclaimed, dropping the clock on the floor – seriously, that thing was gonna need some serious looking into soon – before rushing around the room, grabbing the nearest pants he could find and the next spare shirt he could get his hands on.

“God!” He yelled to the ceiling. “Where is that towel?!” He was currently ransacking through his closet before he caught sight of another towel hanging on his desk – Minho’s towel to be exact.

“Oh what the heck” he muttered. “As if we haven’t done worse before.” He could still feel his behind screaming in pain from last nights’ escapades – he shuddered in pleasure just thinking about it. He just quickly grabbed the towel before getting into the bathroom.

However, something on the counter made him instantly freeze at the doorway. On the counter – inside the bathroom yes – was a small plate with 2 heart shaped chocolates, a rose and a letter beside it.

depositphotos_2653273-Red-rose-and--lett

He knows that neither Jonghyun or Onew would do this – Jonghyun because he’d rather give a gift like this rather than just leave it to be found. And Onew couldn’t have done it either, because HIS girlfriend didn’t live with them.

Key…he’s more likely to be on the receiving end of something like this – and it would’ve been given to him from Jonghyun personally too as it was just how they acted with each other.

So…the remaining person was either their manager, or…Minho.

Minho…

Taemin hesitantly approached the flower – as if it was to explode at any moment – before he saw simple and familiar hand writing on the back.

Taemin

This was Minho…it was Minho’s handwriting! He’d recognize something like that easily considering Minho likes to write, and Taemin likes to read whatever Minho writes.

Taemin grabbed the rose and took a small sniff of its fragrance before opening the letter.

The letter read:

Hey,

I’m sorry I couldn’t be there today. I know you were really looking forward to valentines together. I promise to make it up, OK?

Stay you, and love you,

Minho

Taemin smiled at the simple yet meaningful message. Minho was never the wordy type of person. But he could practically feel Minho’s love coming off the letter as he read it. Cheesy – and just a bit queasy – maybe, but hey, you kinda get cheesy after 5 rounds of . The queasy just came along because it was Valentines’ Day.

Taemin just grabbed one of the chocolates before dropping his change of clothes – the shirt was actually what Minho wore yesterday before…bed – and started the bath.

He just quickly bathed – making sure nothing from last night was evident besides the slight limp – and changed for breakfast.

He grabbed the second chocolate before coming out, refreshed and ready for his first day off in what seemed to have been forever.

Only bad thing was…it was his only day off, it was Valentines’, and it seemed as if everyone else had something to do.

Key had his musical practice, Jonghyun was in the company working on another song and he’d probably be going to the theatre once he finished with that to pick Key up too.

Onew was out as well, filming for a variety that’ll probably last until 5 tonight – and no doubt he’d just end up going to the company to pick up Jessica for that dinner reservation they had – they got together sometime during the SM world tour, and have been going steady since.

The fans – at first – protested against it, saying Onew/Jessica was theirs – depends on the gender…sometimes – but after an anonymous blogger posted several pictures, videos, and stories about the ‘Onsicca’ couple, people quickly saw just how perfect they were together that they stopped all together and started cheering them on.

SM didn’t have a problem with it after they heard the much louder screams that came along with the few duets Onew and Jessica had to perform together.

Taemin sighed as he sat the rose down on his desk, drying his hair before going downstairs.

Next time, I’m scheduling a day off when someone actually has a day off themselves…

He was about to step into the kitchen when something caught his eyes once again on the table this time.

It was…were…are…is (?) teddy bears. Two of them, side by side on the table, where he usually sits holding hands as if they belonged there.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OoMvBiNZvQM/Txwt3nijPaI/AAAAAAAACqo/WRNhfEYbDHk/s1600/Valentine-Teddy-Bear-Wallpapers.jpg

Underneath them was yet another letter.

Taemin,

I forgot…Happy Valentines’ Day! I’m really sorry I couldn’t spend the day with you today…I know it’s your day off, so I’m really regretting having to work today of all days when I should be with you.

I hope you enjoy the bears – I saw them a few days ago and they reminded me of us. I hope you like them.

Always yours,

Minho

Taemin smiled at the letter and petted the bears.

He could see why they reminded Minho of them as a couple. Minho’s gotten tanned lately, and it’s not doubt that he’s taller than Taemin now. Plus, he’s also got the big eyes and bow-tie Minho seemed to have grown into.

The smaller bear clinging to the bigger one was certainly paler – and with how Taemin’s been avoiding getting out too much lately, he could admit to the similarities between him and the bear easily. The way his bear seemed to be hanging off Minho’s was perfect as well.

Taemin just petted the bears before going in the kitchen, suddenly feeling giddy and much lighter.

Just as he was about to open the fridge something – again – caught his eyes.

It was a picture…a picture of them…just before their first kiss.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfOlAyN9ZL_456RiN1bvq

He couldn’t stop the blush the burned his cheeks when he remembered that day.

He was so excited for Minho that he had literally jumped into his arms.

Not that Minho was any better. He was still hugging his coach as thanks when he made the jump, but the moment he caught a sight of Taemin running towards him, he dropped his coach like a hot potato and quickly met Taemin half-way.

What they didn’t expect was the slight brush of the lips that came with jumping on top of each other.

This picture was the exact moment that happened after that slight contact, which was probably why both of their smiles were actually bigger than their faces.

Taemin turned the photo around to see another letter.

Hello,

OK…I’m just about to leave, and I promise this is the last letter you’ll find. I feel guilty about this, Tae. I was supposed to give you something with this photo…but I decided that I need to give it in person.

Go to the set after you read this. Dress nice for me, and don’t worry about breakfast, k?

Love you,

Minho

His curiosity spiked, Taemin pocketed the photo, grabbed the bears and headed upstairs, phoning his manager to pick him up as he went.

Quickly changing into something more appropriate for public – he was currently wearing way too ripped jeans, front and back, and a shirt with too many holes on it. He decided on black skinny jeans, a simple graphic white shirt and his jacket over it – it was still cold outside after all.

His manager got there just in time and he quickly got into the van before anyone could catch him.

“Hyung” Taemin addressed his manager. “Do you have any idea what Minho’s planned?” He asked.

His manager just chuckled. “Sorry, kid. Minho made me promise not to say. You’ll like it though.” He promised.

“Really?” Taemin asked, his eyes lighting up.

“Yep,” his manager nodded, pulling up into a parking lot. “Here we are.” He stated.

Taemin looked outside the window to see a building – he couldn’t see the sign as it was too high.

“He’s on the third floor, second door to your right.” The manager instructed.

Taemin just nodded before getting out and rushing into the building – luckily, there were enough security to avoid all the fans.

Recalling what his manager said, he quickly got into an elevator and headed up to the third floor.

“OK…” He muttered. “Third floor, second door to your right” he said, following the instructions to the room.

He opened the door to find…darkness.

That was it. There was nothing else there. No one either.

“Hello?” He called out. “Anyone there…?” he hesitantly walked into the room, trying to find the lights.

Suddenly though, something flickered in the middle of the room, and slowly, the lights started to slowly turn on, a spot light in the middle revealing…Minho…in a…suit?

“M-Minho?” Taemin stuttered, walking closer. “What-what is this?” He asked, looking at the set table.

“Didn’t I explain in my letter?” Minho smiled walking closer before taking Taemin into his arms. “It didn’t feel right – leaving you alone on Valentines’ Day. So I decided to make a little surprise.” He smiled, pulling Taemin closer to give him a small kiss on the cheek.

Taemin just blushed and looked down.

“This…this is for me?” He asked in a small but happy voice. “But I thought you had shooting today?” He asked with a tilt of his head.

“I talked to the Director.” Minho explained, tightening his grip around Taemin’s waist. “He told me they could just film everyone else’s scenes for today while I enjoy my time with you.” He chuckled.

“Really?” Taemin smiled, his eyes showing pure joy and smile growing larger when Minho nodded his head.

“Thank you” he muttered, leaning close to give him a kiss.

“Hmm…” Minho hummed on his lips. “Love you.”

“I love you, too.” Taemin smiled, leaning close to seal their lips together again.


Just a little fluff. It’s Valentines’ Day, and I got reminded of sweet moments in pasts Valentines’ dates with my fiancée.

This was something similar to one, so I hope you guys enjoyed it!