musicals (part two)

automated message
terrible excuses
written to: some chinese song i don't know the name of right now
jongdae/minseok
--

when jongdae opens the door and the first thing he sees is minseok’s bright, sunshine smiling face, he slams it shut. he hears minseok’s questions of why he just had the door slammed in his face through the wood and he yelps back a quick apology. he still doesn’t open the door. because he can’t. not until his heart stops racing.

he worries his lip when minseok knocks on the door, asking with that sweet voice of his to be let in. deciding to man up, he opens the door again.

minseok frowns. “what was that about, man?”

“uh…the kitchen was on fire.” jongdae shrugs.

perhaps that wasn’t the best thing to say because minseok pushes past him and runs into the kitchen to survey the damage.

the shorter boy walks back into the hallway. “the kitchen’s fine,” he says.

yeah, but it’s not like I can say love makes you slam doors in your crush’s face, jongdae thinks.





and luhan would get us all killed
written to: warrior by bap
--

“ahhhhhhhhdlfkjdlkjfdlj!” luhan yells, raising his sword in the air.

“the hell was that?” jongin, a lower ranked soldier, furrows his brows, looking over at the armor clad blond.

luhan rolls his eyes. “it was my battle cry. duh.”

at that moment, yixing walks by, twirling his wand through his fingers. he pats jongin on the shoulder. “we don’t question him. there’s a reason why kris and chanyeol put him on the front lines.”

jongdae, an apprentice mage, perks up from his perch on a tree branch. “why is that?”

“because we want him to die first,” chanyeol, the second in command with a double sided blade strapped to his back, confirms, his eyes closed and body relaxed under the shade of the same tree jongdae’s perched in.

kris, the leader of the army, nods. “we have priorities.”





lonely nights
written to: back home by gym class heroes
baekhyun/jongdae
--
 
baekhyun sighs, tapping his fingers along the padded cushion of the couch armrests. he doesn’t know how long he’s been staring at the front door, waiting for his boyfriend to walk back in with his gorgeous smile and boring anecdotes of what happened on his latest business trip. he doesn’t know how long he’s been staring — minutes, hours, days. jongdae was due back days ago. or was he? baekhyun doesn’t remember. he thought he marked it on his calender but when he checked yesterday (or was it three, four, five days ago?), he realized that he didn’t. his eyelids droop heavy, telling him he needs to go to sleep. for a second he contemplates getting up and going to bed and hoping jongdae is there in the morning. he doesn’t want to though. he wants to wait for jongdae to get back so he can greet him with hugs and kisses and whines of how much baekhyun missed him. part of baekhyun wants to give up and go to sleep. all of him wants jongdae to bring his back home.
 
 
 
 
bad with baekhyun
written to: don't touch my girl by boyfriend
kyungsoo/baekhyun
--

seven year old kyungsoo isn’t very good with the ladies. all the other boys his age talk about their ‘girlfriends’ all the time. kyungsoo, on the other hand, doesn’t have a girlfriend. though there is someone he likes.

“kyungsoo-ah! there’s someone at the door for you.”

kyungsoo climbs down the stairs at the call of his mother’s voice. he follows her to the front door and he peeks around it. he’s greeted by the prettiest person he’s ever seen in his life. his girlfriend. (or his pretend girlfriend). (or his pretend pretend girlfriend). wide eyes blink up at him and pretty pink lips on a cute face curve into a smile.

“hi, kyungsoo! d’ya wanna play with me?” baekhyun says, unwrapping a lollipop and sticking it into his mouth.

kyungsoo only stares at the other boy dumbly. his giggling mother has to push him outside as she tells them to play nice.

“s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-su— okay.”

 

seven year old kyungsoo isn’t very good with the ladies. he’s even worse with baekhyun.