Valentine

Unexpected Valentine

               Baekhyun flew just above the clouds, scanning the Earth for a Valentine between those fluffy white cotton wads, but no one looked up at him. No one thinks to look up. His white feathered wings resembled that of a giant majestic swan. He swept right through a cloud, diving down towards the Earth’s surface. He stopped about twenty feet above the streets of Seoul. No one looked up. He sighed.

                Maybe he was invisible.

                He slowly touched his feet to the sidewalk, testing the ground’s solidity.

                He decidedly let his wings rest and put his full weight down on the pavement. Not so bad.

                He walked around the busy streets for a while, the people heading to their homes after work simply passed through him. Yep, invisible.

                He looked at each passing person’s face wishfully. A particular man caught his eye, it was Kris. He followed him for a ways, but the tall, handsome man didn’t notice Baekhyun one bit.

                “Are you an angel?”

                Baekhyun whirled around. He stared down the handsome boy from whence that y voice had come.

                “What? Uh…you can see me?”

                “Yes, I can see you. Are you an angel?” the young man said.

                Baekhyun was caught between surprise that this man could see and speak to him and anxiety at Kris’s figure getting farther away.

                “Yeah, I’m an angel.” Baekhyun answered and then hurried after Kris.

                The handsome boy followed him, keeping up with him easily.

                “What are you an angel of?” he prodded. They were losing Kris, the tall man with his long strides.

                “How do you know so much about angels?” Baekhyun asked, distracted.

                The man shrugged, “I just do. My name is Kai, what’s yours?”

                Baekhyun didn’t answer at first, he stared at Kris who was inevitably about to enter a building.

                Kai followed his line of sight and watched the man as well. Kris entered a skyscraper, disappearing from sight.

                “Why are you following him?”

                Baekhyun gave Kai his full attention now, “Because I love him.”

                It was Kai’s turn to look surprised, “But he’s human.”

                “As are you!” Baekhyun said, “They told me when I came here to visit that there would be nothing for me, that everyone would only be living their lives and would pay no attention to me.”

                “But you had to see for yourself,” Kai explained on Baekhyun’s behalf.

                Baekhyun’s brows furrowed.

                “So what’s your name?”

                “Baekhyun…”

                “Nice name. Do you want to see a cool place?”

                “Sure…”

                Kai slowly turned around and expected Baekhyun to follow. They walked many miles in silence until they were out of the city. Baekhyun wondered how he had the stamina to walk so far. Days went by.

                Finally they reached a coast line.

                Kai showed him to a mighty cliff where the waves crashed up against the rocks. He seemed unafraid of standing at the very edge. Baekhyun grabbed his arm instinctively just in case, and found that he could touch him.

                Kai looked back at him and smiled, “Don’t worry.”

                Baekhyun stared at his hand touching his Kai’s arm and slowly withdrew.

                “What are you?” Baekhyun needed to know now.

                Kai smiled. “I’m an angel too.”

                “You don’t have wings…”

                Kai gave a half smirk and tore off his t-shirt. Jet-black feathered wings spread from his spine as far as they could, outstretching Baekhyun’s wing span by a couple feet.

                “My God…” Baekhyun breathed, “Are you a dark angel? An angel of evil?” he panicked.

                Kai shook his head, “No. You first, you never answered me.”

                Baekhyun gulped. “Right, I’m an angel of love.” He blushed.

                Kai his face now, somehow it didn’t seem at all weird to him.

                “An angel of love meets an angel of love making.” He kissed Baekhyun’s warm lips.