Prologue

Lesson ONE

 

 

Sunggyu POV

 

*thud*

 

Breathe in, breathe out, Sunggyu.

 

*thud thud*

 

Everything is going to be okay.

 

*thud thud thud*

 

He said he would take care of everything. That nothing is going to change.

 

*thud thud thud thud*

 

I clench my fists as I let out a nervous unstable sigh. Oh, who am I fooling? Certainly not my body and especially not my heart which is beating like crazy.

 

*thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud*

 

I’ve been counting the beats several times these past two minutes and according to Wikipedia, a rate this high is pretty dangerous. Oh well, everything is going down the drain anyway, why not take the easy path?

 

My eyes dart away from the clock and land on the picture of him and me. This guy always managed to make me smile. At first he could only do this when he was close to me, talking to me or—( I choke at that thought and quickly decide to gloss over it and move on with my thoughts.)Then, after a while, when I got to know him better, he began occupying more and more space inside my head. And as there isn’t that much space there in the first place, my thoughts of him began taking over the place soon after.

 

I guess that’s where everything began, this whole melodrama of mine—a thing I so sorely swore and hoped to avoid.

 

It strikes me then that something’s different this time. As my eyes caress his face, no smile emerges, nothing, not even a  twitch of the corner of my mouth. I quickly refocus my eyes on something else, namely the remote. It’s only when my hand reaches for it that I notice how much my hands are trembling. Fear? Nervousness? My left mouth corner twitches upwards as I disregard those thoughts immediately, because though I’d love to just dump my feelings on a simple emotion as fear, I know I’d be lying to myself. Sure, there’s a hint of fear inside my feelings, but there’s also hate, love, frustration, and, though I would never admit it to him, there is some insecurity too.

 

My eyes dart to the clock and back to the television screen again. My thumb presses the ‘on’ button and the screen bursts to life within seconds. If only life was that easy. Pushing the’ on’ button to burst to life and show all your vibrant colours to the rest of the world. I flick through the channels until I’ve found the one I was looking for.

 

*thud thud thud*

 

My heartbeat is picking up speed again and rises to a peek when his smooth face finally shows up on screen. My eyes are almost glued to the television, my body not moving an inch, except my rapidly moving chest of course. My eyes watch his every move, while my ears catch every single sound he makes. This could be the end or just the beginning. It all comes down to this moment.

 

Finally, the most important question is asked by a female reporter. I see him swallow, followed by his eyes bounding around the whole place, not focusing on anything in particular. He’s struggling. Then out of nowhere his eyes refocus on the female reporter, full of determination. His mouth moves up and down but I don’t want to believe what I’m hearing.

 

‘He’s lying,’ I manage to murmur, my voice faint, unheard by the rest of this godforsaken world. His words keep on repeating themselves in my head as my eyes are still focused on his face. I swallow before I make myself look away.

 

*thud thud thud*

 

My trembling fingers somehow find their way to the off button.

 

*thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud*

 

Within seconds the screen’s vibrant colours fade away, leaving only a none stirring black window. At that moment I realise what having an ‘off’ button must feel like. What having every single colour that you had being taken away from you must feel like.

 

I stop struggling against the tears that are fighting to get out, letting them flow freely across my cheeks. I don’t care anymore.

 

I let myself fall back into the bed sheets, one corner of my mouth twitching upwards as I remember a thought from a few minutes ago. This could be the end or just the beginning. It’s neither.

 

*thud thud thud*

 

He lied.

 

*thud thud*

 

To me and probably to himself too.

 

*thud thud thud*

 

I absolutely hate liars.

 

Is this the way you decided to take care of things? To kick me in the guts and mock me for ever trusting you?

 

*thud thud thud thud thud thud*

 

 To ruin my career and be done with it?

 

*thud thud thud thud thud*

 

I close my eyes, biting my lower lip furiously. My thoughts go back to his perfect face before I subconsciously and at the same time on purpose push my ‘off’ button leaving only a none stirring black window to look at.

*thud*

...

*thud*

 

 

A/N: OK. So this is the first chapter a.k.a the prologue. I hope you guys like it, please comment as I would love to read what you think about it ~!