Valentine's Day

You are my Valentine

Happy Valentine’s Day to all readers out there! To avoid confusion later, in Japan, Valentine’s Day is a time where girls give chocolates to boys they like and/or their friends. These are then reciprocated by the boys on White Day (March 14) by giving white chocolate if they also like the girl that gave them chocolate in the first place. I hope I made that clear. Anyway, enough with culture talk and on with the story!

________________________________________________

 

 

 

Sungmin’s POV

I woke up early today so that I could do my plan in complete secrecy. At 4am, I am already out the door of our dorm, heading towards a local bakery where I befriended the head baker/owner. She was going to help me make some chocolates for my group, Super Juniors, where me and my boyfriend Eunhyuk are a part of. I’m saying he’s my boyfriend even though we haven’t been official for very long. I’m still not used to us being a couple and all. When he tries to cuddle with me in front of the other members, I often push him (and sometimes shove him) away, because I’m still embarrassed even though it is already known to the other members that we are a couple already. Even though Eunhyuk is being patient and understanding , I know that it is also irritating him. I accidentally heard him complain to Donghae that maybe I really don’t love him so I have been pushing him away. I really don’t mean to do that to him, it’s just that I’m really not used to the attention his giving me and I guess in a way I am not sure if he really love me ‘cause I kinda forced him to confess too. But enough is enough, I’m going to make up for it this Valentine’s, I’m going to make sure of that.

________________________________________________

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

When I woke up that morning, it was already 11am. I don’t have a schedule ‘til 1pm so I decided to just look for Sungmin and maybe spend my remaining free time with him, since I don’t know when I will get back. When I left my room, I noticed some of the members are also in the living room. They were encircling Sungmin who is handing out small white pouches with small red hearts. He is giving everyone present with one labeled with their names.

“Here’s one for you, Ryeowook, and here is yours, Kangin hyung. Oh, and here’s yours, Yesung.” Sungmin said while handing out.

Is he handing out Valentine chocolates? I thought to myself. My question was answered when I saw Donghae popping one chocolate in his mouth.

“Wow! This is really delicious! Did you make them, Sungmin hyung?” Donghae asked. I saw Sungmin blushed. Before nodding and saying.

“Yeah, I had helped from Ms. Takahisa.”

“The owner of that bakery we always go to?” I asked finally breaking my silence. Sungmin looked at me, shock evident on his face. He averted his eyes, and then he stammered.

“y-yeah” He looked at his watch. “Oh gee… l-look at t-the time, I p-promised a friend I’ll m-meet him today, I gotta go now.” He said as he quickly got up and went to the door. He opened it immediately.

“I’ll be back tonight” He said before quickly closing the door. I stood still, not completely comprehending what just happened.

Was he avoiding? Why? Did I do something? He said he’d be meeting a friend, but who? He didn’t tell me anything. And he didn’t give me any chocolate too. Has… Has he found a new love? Was that why he’d been pushing me away lately?

I looked at my friends who were still in the living room. They were also shocked at what just happened. Sungmin just left so suddenly when he saw me. I sighed. I retreated back to my room. I still need to prepare for my schedule today. That is the life of idols, we need to live for the fans.

________________________________________________

 

Sungmin’s POV

Aish! How could I have been so stupid! I seriously want to smack myself! Can’t I come up with a better excuse?! Now Eunhyuk will probably think I’m out to date another guy. Aish! I can’t do anything right. He’ll probably hate me more now.

After I left the dorm, I went straight back to the bakery I had been earlier this morning. I still need to learn how to bake that chocolate cake I wanted to give Eunhyuk. I tried baking it this morning but I messed up the recipe and the only thing that came out nicely is the chocolates I made for my friends. I don’t know if he would still accept it after what happened earlier.

 

At the Bakery

“Sungmin?” I looked up and saw Ms. Takahisa, looking at me, worry etched on her face.

“Yes?”

“Are you alright? You’ve been sighing from the time you got here. Did something happen?” She asked. I looked at the batter I’ve been mixing. It doesn’t look quite right. I sighed again as I prepare another batch of ingredients to restart again.

“You know, the food you are preparing knows how you are feeling. If you don’t feel good, then they won’t turn out good too.” She said. My tears welled up and I tried my best not to cry. But she saw it and went around the counter to hug me. I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I cried and told her everything that’s been bothering from pushing Eunhyuk to what happened earlier.

“I see, so that’s why you weren’t as cheerful as you were this morning. You were so excited earlier but when you came back, you were like a shell of yourself. Listen Sungmin, in every relationship there will always be misunderstanding and they will only grow larger if you don’t clear them up right away. Now tell me Sungmin, have you told Eunhyuk lately how you feel?” I shook my head.

“Now, he’ll think you don’t love him anymore. Don’t you love him anymore?” I violently shook my head.

“then you’ll have to make that clear to him. I told you the foods you are making know how you feel. Fill them with that love and I’m sure Eunhyuk will get the message. Of course, it’s still important you tell him too.” She said to me while she wiped my tears away.

“Ready to make that cake?” She asked. I smiled then nodded.

________________________________________________

 

Third person POV

Eunhyuk just got home from his schedule. He went through with it but it was clear to everyone that he wasn’t himself. He was unusually quiet and often absentminded throughout the day. After getting in the dorm he immediately sat down on the couch and turn on the TV. The other members didn’t bother him because they don’t know what to say anyway.

A little while later, the door opened revealing a slightly panting Sungmin with a box on one hand. He scanned the room and saw Eunhyuk on the couch, the other members just minding their own business. He immediately went to the kitchen and got a fork before going to the living room and sat on the couch. He placed the box on the table in front of Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk eyed the box before looking at Sungmin. Sungmin stared at him too.

“Open it.” Sungmin said. Eunhyuk did and the box revealed a beautiful heart-shaped chocolate cake with ‘You are my Valentine’ written on it in white icing. Eunhyuk looked at it in awe then suddenly his face saddened and quietly asked.

“Were you too shy to give it to him so you brought it home?” Sungmin gaped at him. He didn’t expect that reaction. It looks like he really hurt Eunhyuk this time. But an idea came to him and he knows it will make Eunhyuk realize what he really feel. Using the fork he brought with him, he took a small piece of the cake and put it in his mouth. Sungmin then kissed Eunhyuk encircling his arms on the younger’s neck to prevent him from getting away. He bit Eunhyuk’s bottom lip, earning a gasp from the dance machine. He used the opportunity to slip the piece of cake to the other mouth and then he retreated.

Sungmin looked at him and said.

“The cake is for you, Hyukjae. I made it especially for you. I didn’t give it to you this morning because I haven’t made it yet. That was why I came up with an excuse to go out but I guess it wasn’t really a good excuse. I made you believe I was going out with someone else. I’m sorry Hyuk. I haven’t been a good boyfriend these past few weeks. I have been pushing you away when you get all lovey-dovey on me. I didn’t really mean to. It’s just that… I feel… embarrassed. With the other members looking at us, I couldn’t take it. I feel so shy having them see us like that. I’m really sorry Hyukjae, will you ever forgive me?”

He just looked at Sungmin, once again shocked at the other’s confession. After a while, shook his head. He then moved in closer and hugged Sungmin.

“And here I am thinking that maybe I did something wrong that’s why you’ve been acting that way. Min, you should’ve just told me you were uncomfortable getting lovey-dovey in front of the others. I would understand. You don’t need to ask for forgiveness because I am not mad at you. My only greatest fear was you leaving me. I may have looked uncaring earlier when I asked you if you didn’t get to give this cake to your date but deep inside I was breaking, Sungmin. I can’t let you go anymore. I don’t think I could live normally if ever you left me. Tell me you wouldn’t leave me, Sungmin.”

Sungmin looked at Eunhyuk’s eyes and saw the sincerity in them. His tears welled up, making his eyes glossy.

“I promise I won’t. I love you too much to even think about that.” and with that they kissed. A kiss that is so full of love that they were reassured of the love they shared. They would’ve continued on but they heard someone cleared their throat. They looked around and saw the other members looking at them.

“Are you gonna get a room or what?” asked Kangin “There are children in here!” He said while pointing at Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Donghae. The three complained with a resounding “Hey!”

“Nah… We’re good. We’ll just eat this cake here.” Eunhyuk said while getting the fork. He got a small piece and fed it to Sungmin. The others left the lovebirds alone and went back to their own business.

The two continued to eat in contented silence when suddenly a thought came to Eunhyuk’s mind. He voiced it out.

“Sungmin?”

“Yes?”

“Does this mean you’re the girl in this relationship?” Sungmin gaped at Eunhyuk. But he suddenly got an idea and smiled.

“Well, if you really want me too, you’ve got to bake me a cake on White day.” Sungmin said and happily ate another piece of the cake.

 

 

­________________________________________________

 

Did you like it everyone? I hope so…

This is supposed to be a Valentine fic but I didn’t make it on time. Oh well, better luck next time as they say.

Please leave some comments too. They keep me inspired to write stories. XD