Thirst for revenge.

Deadly Romance

Thirst for Revenge

 

 

 

Lee Jae Hee. Leaning against the archway, L eyed the woman who was loaded in ecstasy, playing with her son in the garden. It was a beautiful morning. Immensely blue sky with fluffy, purely white clouds overlapping each other. Birds chirping on the tree branch as though they were complements to this fine day. Dews twinkling on fresh grass. Sadly, that wasn't the reason L came. There was a reason, a remorseless reason which no one could have imagined - Murder. It was one brutal task, indeed. Nevertheless, it was still his job.

Feeling sorry wasn't in his dictionary. His emotional range was hardly as big as a drop of water. Every day, every minute, there're killings to do. It had gone numb. To be more precise, they hadn't affected him. Time's up, he glanced at his watch. Happy moments are over and here she is to suffer what she was meant to be. He tugged the Death Note from his back pocket and flipped to an empty page. In fact, there was barely one. They were all filled with names. Name of the dead ones. Carefully, he wrote down the woman's name.

In a split second, Jae Hee collapsed onto the ground. So abrupt that it stunned her son to speechless. The prospect of thinking his mum might be dead was enough to make him break into a cold sweat. Jae Hee's soul fluttered out of her body. It wasn't her intention but it just did. It was just a nature of death. She looked at L in astonishment. "Who are you and what are you doing at my back yard?" she demanded.

A bitter sob tore through the air, which drew Jae Hee's attention. Startled, she was. To see her body on the ground and her son weeping beside her. Her mind instantly blanked out. Everything was beyond her comprehension. She had so many questions running through her head. Was the one lying on the ground her doppelganger? What was with that dubious-looking man? Why is her son crying when she was really just beside him? Gently, she reached out her hand to caress his son, to soothe him but it went right through his face. Eyes dilated into black circles, she withdrew her hand. 

"I reckon that explains everything," came L's reply after so long. Jae Hee casted a glance at L. Her eyes was full of fear, agony and confusion, despite those tears that could actually be visibly seen. In a burst of impatient hope, she stammered, "Please... Please, tell me that I'm not dead." A tear came cascading down her cheeks. "Please!" she shrieked.

L strode towards Jae Hee and crouched down to level with her. There was no sympathy in his eyes, not a single streak. "I'm afraid I can't." His words caused a ripple sensation to run through her veins. Stung, her tears started pouring down. Endlessly, as if it was monsoon already. L continued, "I'm L, the reaper who is in charge of sending you to hell."

"You're just here to kill me. Don't phrase it so well," Jae Hee gritted her teeth, hands clenching onto the hem of her blouse, venting her anger. Sensing the approach of an insult, L waved his finger dismissively and a force lifted Jae Hee up. Jae Hee struggled to escape but it was useless. She had been locked inside the invisible force cage. Struggling would only hurt her even more. "You won't be following me to hell, I suppose? I'll release you once we've reached. It won't take long."

"No......" Jae Hee hollered, her chest could no longer contain the exasperation that was boiling within her. Just a snap of his fingers, they arrived at the doorway of hell. L snapped his fingers again and Jae Hee fell off from the cage. Lowered to his heels, he attempted to lend her a hand but Jae Hee shoved it forcefully. "Well then." L got on his feet. "You'll soon find yourself in the Antrum of Reincarnation."

After leaving Jae Hee to her thoughts, L proceeded to Lord Exodus', the head of hell, room to receive his next mission. A heavy knock was heard inside the room. "Come in," came Lord Exodus' hoarse voice. L twisted the door knob and inched his way in. It was as usual, a room that would intimidate anyone on every level. And, every level was incredibly stressful. It wasn't a spacious room but the mirrors around it made it seemed as though it was. Every mirror reflected the Lord Exodus'. Solemn yet ghastly.

"Good evening, my lord," L bowed, studying Lord Exodus' face as he straightened his back. "Here you are, L," Lord Exodus passed L a file. L flipped it open and set his eyes on the photo which was clipped onto the corner of paper. It was a girl. Nature had been spendthrift with her, indeed. Bestowing more beauty than one person was meant to have. He allowed his eyes to read the name below. Seo Yul. A name that wasn't as beautiful as she was. 

"Since you're going to be in charge of her, I'll be perfectly honest with you. She is the daughter of the reaper who broke the very first rule of  Hell - Falling in love with a human and also the one who killed Reaper H. Smart, J, her dad was for concealing his daughter's name so well that no matter how hard we try, there was no way to find out her real name." Lord Exodus slammed his fist onto his desk. The tiny statue on it swayed and was about to toppled over but L made it in time to catch it. He didn't appear to noticed and continued, "It's a really crucial mission. You are to be her beau to find out what her real name is. Now, off you go."

 

"Seo Yul!"

That wasn't her name nor did she wish to possess that name. It was a name she detested for her entire life but at the same time, was the thing that could keep her alive. How she hope she could be called Park Ji Yeon, her real name, for once. She wanted to be herself, once. Just once would be more than enough to suffice her. That bloody name reminded her of her past that had been haunting her till now.

It was a dark night. The moon was no where to be seen, not even the stars. A dog's bark abruptly woke Ji Yeon's family up. Her father, whose real name is J but hid it as Park Jung Min so that his daughter wouldn't be disgusted by his real identity, jerked up, fully awared of what was beyond the door. "Father..." Ji Yeon uttered, pushing herself closer to her mother's embrace.

A small smile graced J's lips. "Everything's going to be alright, love." It was a lie. But, it was soon revealed when a man in black coat walked through the door. Ji Yeon widened her eyes in shock. Magic, was it? She didn't know but it just didn't feel right. Something about it terrified her. 

"H, leave us alone," J pleaded, lowering his self-esteem just for his family's sake. He had to protect them. He had to keep them safe and sound. Not just out of an obligation as a father but also out of love. J got down to his feet. "Please..."

Ji Yeon, who was just at the age of four knew nothing about the situation. The only thing she notice was the letter 'H' marked on the man's hand. Funny how she thought H was just a normal alphabet she learned in pre-school despite the fact that it represented the name of the Reaper. 

"Sorry but I can't. Lord Exodus was extremely mad when you put a curse on every Death Note so that you and your family's name couldn't be written. You should be aware that it was a fatal mistake for falling for a human as a Reaper. Lord Exodus had just set a Lethal Curse on you and your wife. Your daughter somehow couldn't be jinxed. I suppose you've hidden her name but Lord Exodus is going to find it out sooner or later." After the last word of his, J and his wife collapsed abruptly. Dead.

Ji Yeon burst into tears as a dark agony devoured her. She was still confused of what Death Note is but there was this thing she was very sure of. Her father's a Reaper and a name is all it takes to kill a person, which was why her father named her Ji Yeon but was forced to call herself Seo Yul instead. She hugged her parents tighter, naively wishing there would be a miracle that could revive her beloved parents. She clenched her fist tighter. Her parents were the only family she had got and she lost them just because they are from a different world and shouldn't be falling in love with each other. Ridiculous, she thought.

In spite of being only four, she had already had the thirst to seek for revenge...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Sorry to keep you guys waiting.
I was actually almost done but I erased everything again.
This oneshot was originally very long.
And, I was having a hard time in making it short.
I then found out the short one doesn't really gives out the vibe I want.
So I did everything again. This time, longer.
And it'll no longer be a oneshot.
I'll separate the story into a few chapters.
I'm truly sorry about that.