Worn Out

Exhaustion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The person you are trying to contact is not available right now. Please leave a message after the tone."

Following the robotic voice was a screechy sound. The woman with blonde hair rubbed her wrinkle forehead and sighed. How long was she staying up for? She lost track of time. She paused for a moment, and listened to the silence at the other line of the phone. Taking a deep breath, she bent her back and pressed her lips.

"Eunhyuk, where are you? It's been three days since you ran out of the house. Please, please come back. Don't tell me that you're in a fight. I thought you gave up with the gangster stuff when you became my boyfriend. Come home, honey. Please, please come back home. I miss you." 

With that, Hyoyeon hung up and heaved a sigh. She glanced at the clock, and watched it tick loudly in a rhythmic beat. 

Eunhyuk, please return. I'm tired.

Suddenly, her eyes felt droopy and began to close gentle without her mind noticing. When she noticed that it was dark, she forced her eyes open. She suddenly felt pale and shaky, and it became harder for her to see objects nearby or far away. When she tried to stand to go to bed, she collapsed on her knees and gasped for air. 

No! Hyoyeon scolded herself. Don't fall asleep! Just... wait for... him... a little... more...

Tears swelled up in her eyes. She felt hopeless with her current situation. What could she do? Run out and call Eunhyuk's name? That would like treating him as a dog. No human should ever be treated like an animal. Hyoyeon tried to push herself up, but she plunged back to the ground. Her chest squeezed in pain, and the only thing she could do was crawl. However, even crawling towards comfort felt terrible.

She checked her phone, just incase her husband left any message or she missed a call from him. When she looked at her screen, there was nothing.

"Ugh!" she cried, after failing to give her one last push towards the living room. "Why won't you call back!"

With dark eyes, she glared at the window just a few feet away from her. Return. Come back. Now.

As she slowly climbed on the green sofa, she threw her arm limply over her eyes. Although her vision met darkness, her mind was still conscious of Eunhyuk's disappearance. Uncomfortable, she tossed her body around the thin room she had on the couch.

Why couldn't he just... call back?

Love... It's so tiring just to wait, she thought, allowing her tears to get the best of her.

 

The loud music deafened the drunk man's ears. He raised his glass of alcohol in a sloppy manner, laughed in a slur tone, and put up a goofy expression. Two ladies sat at his right and left, using their hands to seduce the man. One lady leaned close to his left ear, breathing heavily from dancing too long with another stranger at the dance floor.

"Eunhyuk, you should dance, too," the tired lady said. 

"Mm... Dance! No, no, I'm too tired," Eunhyuk slurred. He squinted his eyes to clear his vision, but he didn't realize that the way his head was swaying to the music caused the blurry image in front of him. He sighed and rubbed his forehead with his warm fingers. "One of you... give me some water."

The woman to his left spotted a glass of water in front of him and handed it to him. "Here. I think you're a bit dizzy from all that alcohol."

"N-Not like we care," the young lady to his right stuttered. "We love it when you drink! It makes you look so attractive."

Eunhyuk laughed bitterly and slammed the glass of water down on the table, spilling the liquid on his shirt. "Hey, you two... Name?"

"Just call me Jessica," the lady to his right said, extending her hand to dance.

"And me Tiffany," the other girl to his left added, wrapping her arms around his arm. She gave him an adorable eye smile and grinned. "Hey, after we dance, why don't we take a break? I know a great hotel not too far from here."

At that very moment, his phone began to vibrate in his pockets. He pushed away the girls, who frowned in disappointment. As he took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter