Chapter 1 - Betting Game

Betting Game

QIAN'S POV

 

"Amber! Did you see that? He looked at me!" I said while almost jumping up and down.

"Qian, you know liking Cho Kyuhyun won't do you any good, right?" Amber said while shaking her head.

"Why not?" I pouted at her.

"Because he's a jerk and he sleeps around! Besides, you know that he toys with girls' feelings."

"Maybe I'll be his game changer. You know, just in case he comes to like me." I grinned sheepishly.

"You're hopeless." Amber grunted then laughed. "Let's just go to class."

 

KYUHYUN'S POV

"That Song girl obviously like you." Henry laughed.

"I don't think so. Maybe she's really just like that." I shrugged.

"I'm telling you man, she likes you. Wanna bet on it?" Henry had a familiar smirk plastered on his face.

"We're seriously betting on that girl?" I asked.

"Yes! I'll give you 200000 won if you make her yours in 1 month."

I thought about it and decided that 200000 won was a no joke sum of money.

"Deal. And make that in 3 weeks." I cocked my head and grinned.

This is going to be easy.

 

QIAN'S POV

 

During Math class, I saw Kyuhyun enter the room an place his bag beside me.

"Hey" He said in his y, low voice. I can feel my knees shaking.

"Hi" I said casually, fighting the huge grin that was threatening to show.

"You're Qian, right?" He asked. I nodded.

"I'm Kyuhyun by the way." He grinned. I smiled at him.

"So, I was just wondering, do you want ti grab something to eat after class? I'd like to get to know you."

I didn't even think about it for a second. "Sure"

 

KYUHYUN'S POV

 

It took me exactly one week to make Qian my girlfriend.

"2 more weeks!" Henry appeared and said out of nowhere.

"You shouldn't really sneak up on people like that." I grunted.

"So, how's your girlfriend?" He said while making air quotes.

"Why the air quotes? She IS my girlfriend." I said.

"Not really. Since you only courted her for our bet. Right?" He said.

"I don't know man, she's really caring and swee--" Henry cut me off.

"Woah! Are you falling in love with her?" Henry asked.

"No!" I quickly denied. Though I know deep inside me, I am falling in love with Qian.

"That's good! Only sissies fall in love." Henry sighed in relief. "Don't forget about the bet, okay?"

"Do we still have to continue it? I don't think it's a good idea to just conquer her and leave her all of a sudden." I said.

"You're backing out? Kyuhyun, you're starting to sound like a loser." Henry laughed. "You're cool image is deteriorating."

I shook my head then smirked. "Cho Kyuhyun is not a loser. I'll make Qian mine by the end of next week!" Henry raise his hand and gave me a hive five. I received it regrettably.

 

QIAN'S POV

 

We were at Kyuhyun's house. His mother was awat for the weekends and he asked me to sleep over.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded stiffly.

"You're shaking." He took my hand and caressed it. My heart started beating fast.

He started kissing me. This wasn't the first time Kyuhyun and I kissed, but something about today's kiss was different. It was passionate and urgent. His hand suddenly slipped into my shirt. I quickly grabbed his hand. He stared at me in confusion.

"Why?" He asked.

"Don't." I gasped.

"Why not?"

"I'm scared." I whispered. My tears were verging on my eyes.

"Don't be. It's going to be okay. I love you." He said then continued what he was doing before I stopped his hand. It was the first time Kyuhyun told me he loves me. And with that, I succumbed to him and gave him my everything.

 

It's been 2 weeks since Kyuhyun and I talked. He wouldn't answer my calls and reply to my texts. I was getting worried and I really needed to talk to him.

 

I was in my car waiting for Amber when I saw Kyuhyun awalking with Henry, he didn't seem to notice me so I lowered my head in attempt to surprise him when he passes by. Instead, I was the one who was surprised when I accidentally eavesdropped on their conversation.

"Here's your 200000 won. I didn't think you'd actually have Qian in 2 weeks! A week earlier than our original due." Henry exclaimed.

"I told you. She was a piece of cake." Kyuhyun smirked. They laughingly walked away.

I felt my eyes getting hot, after a while tears fel endlessly. I drove away quickly. The sting in my eyes making the road blurry. My heart was aching and my head was feeling wizzy. I couldn't take the pain anymore. It felt like my heart was being ripped and shredded into pieces. My thoughts were clouded making it hard for me to drive. It all happened so fast, and the last I could remember were blinding lights and a shriek.

 

KYUHYUN'S POV

 

Henry and I were hanging at my house when his phone beeped. His face suddenly turned pale.

"Hey. What's wrong?" I asked.

"What's Qian's car?" He suddenly asked.

"A red subaru. Why?"

"Plate number 710?" He said. I nodded.

"She had an accident." He mumbled. I was shocked for a moment, then I quickly stood up and ran outside to my car. Henry followed behind.

"Which hospital!?" I demanded in urgency.

"We don't have to go to the hospital." Henry said, his face was still pale.

"What do you mean we don't have to?! I have to check up on her to see if she's okay!" I shouted.

"Qian's dead."

I could feel the life out of me being .

"You're lying." I mumbled.

"I wish I was, Kyu. Amber texted me, Qian's body is at the morgue. She's waiting for us there." Henry said.

We hopped into my car and I drove as fast as I could to the morgue. When we arrived, Amber was at the lobby, she was holding Qian's blue backpack. She handed it to me and left with Henry. That was when I started crying. I opened her bag and found a small box in it adressed to me. I opened the box and found a neatly folded letter.

 

I don't know how to say this to you because I know it's going to change a lot of things. But this is really important and you do have the right to know. I hope that whatever decision we make is the best thing and right thing to do. I love you so much, Kyu. -- Qian

 

Under the letter was a pregnancy test with two red lines on it.