I'm going where?

No One Likes a Triangle

    This was it.

    The first day on my new job. I just had one question when they told me about the transfer.

    “WHY ARE YOU MOVING ME ALL THE WAY TO KOREA?!?!” I shouted at my boss in her office. I had just gotten back from a job in Las Angeles with that new hot shot, Rebecca something, to be told they were sending me on a six month temp gig over in Seoul South korea.

    “Please lower your volume Miss. Salvage, and I’ve already explained this to you, you’re just not working out well with the clients. So we’re sending you somewhere new.” Lydia Laurence, My Boss,  explained to me for the second time now.

    “But Lydi..”

    “…Ms. Laurence.” She corrected me.

    “Yeah, Ms. Laurence, if I’m such a bother why don’t you fire me? I could go find another job easy, and still stay in New York, or at least America.” I asked. She gave me a smirk that said she’d never do that.

    “Look Miss Salvage, You’re the best photographer we have, You take the most breath taking photos of anyone, so we’re not about to let you go just yet, we’d lose money,  so we’re just going to lend you out to a company down in Seoul until you can hopefully get a grip on your frustration with America.” She said with a look that dared me to continue on.

    So I did.

    “But why Korea? You could have sent me to another state, or Canada, or the UK. Why Korea?” it wasn’t like I disliked Korea, cause I didn’t, it just wasn’t often this company sent people so far away, and were willing to pay for it.

    “Because we had a request from down there, and you are also the only one who speaks a of Korean here. Besides…” She was cut off as if on perfect timing when another co-worker, Dave Harford, walked in to place a folder on Lydia’s desk.

    “Thank you Dave. But next time please remember to knock before entering.” Lydia said as Dave winked at me for what was probably the 20th time this week, followed by a quick “How about Dinner tonight?” For probably the 5th time this week. He always found me anywhere, or would call all the time, He just couldn’t live with “no” it seems. Which is what I told him.

    “I am not going out with you tonight or any night Dave Harford! I don’t Date Americans!!!” I shouted as he glared in frustration, closing the door behind him as he left.

    “That’s precisely what I was going to mention. You always claim you don’t like American guys, and honestly Harper, as a friend, and not your boss, You need to get a relationship going. Maybe you’ll have some luck down in Korea.” She smiled as I glared back fully annoyed. For now, I had a lot of packing to do, in only two days.

    “Fine Lydi. You win this time. But I’m telling you, I’m not looking for a guy right now. I’m just not ready to settle. I’m still too young for that yet.” Lydia Laughed at that. I raised an eye brow.

    “Harper, you’re almost twenty, dating is normal. And You may say you don’t need it, but I think you need at least one date a year, huh? Just something to do other than work all day.” She leaned back in her chair and motioned her hand to tell me to leave. “And say Hello to my baby sister while you’re down there. She’ll meet you by the airport.”

    And that was how my last work day in America went. The last day before leaving was spent preparing and packing, all my equipment and clothes and what not. First thing as soon as I got there, I needed to find a place to stay. Lydia didn’t forget to inform me that I needed to be a little social when I was down there, and not just online. Cause you can’t meet guys online.

    Shows how much she knows.

    I finished packing and was now taking a quick nap, for in only 12  hours, I was going to be on a flight to Seoul Korea, to work as a photographer at SM entertainment, and meet the future I never thought I’d have, and I never wanted.