Look-a-Like

Brofriends

 

“You look like me.”

 

I had to cough out the water that suddenly went down the wrong pipe. There had been a strange feeling that I was being watched this entire time, but I didn’t exactly paid mind to it. After all, there was bound to people watching since it was our first live broadcast since our debut.

 

But this—I didn’t expect the first words to come out of a member one of the most popular music groups in Korea to tell me this.

 

Cho Kyuhyun of Super Junior’s first words to me was that I looked like him.

 

“You okay?” he said bluntly handing me a towel. I glanced at Minhyuk was trying to stifle his laughter and nodded at the older man.

 

“I-I’m fine, thank you.” I straightened my back. Kyuhyun looked at me with raised eyebrows and an emotionless expression. It was intimidating to say this least. “Um, but, sorry, what was it you said just now?”

 

He scrunched his eyes, examining me and said, “You look like me.”

 

By now Minhyuk had to leave the room because he was laughing so hard.

 

“Uh…” I was at a loss for words.

 

Kyuhyun smiled. “Lee Jonghyun, right?” I could only nod in response. “You guys did great out there. I really like your stuff. It’s different than most of the other groups today.”

 

“Ah, thank you,” I said, bowing slightly. “I enjoy listening to your music as well. You have a great voice.” Kyuhyun’s lips twitched slightly in a smile.

 

“Hey Jonghyun, hand me your phone,” he held his palm facing forward and I cocked my head to the side in confusion. He smiled nodding his head and waving his palm. Without really questioning it (because really, he was a respected sunbaenim and I shouldn’t disrespect him), I pulled out my cell phone and handed it over. He started typing in something before handing it back to me. “There! You have my number and I have yours.”

 

I could only gape in shock. Why in the world would Kyuhyun put his number in my phone? “Uh, what--?”

 

“You seem cool, Jonghyun,” he smirked at me when his name was suddenly called to get ready for his performance. “Welcome to the Kyuline.”

 

The Kyu-what?