Blurred Borderlines

Blurred Boderlines

     The pitter patter of the rain outside created a rhythm as Dongwoo opened his eyes from his slumber. He scooted his body closer to the radiating heat of the person beside him and snuggled into the other's chest. Warm arms wrapped itself around and Dongwoo looked up to see his lover looking right back at him.

     "You're up already? This is different." His partner chuckled as he leaned in to give Dongwoo a morning kiss.

     Dongwoo pouted, "I can wake up early too." He returned the small morning kiss.

     They met each other when they were little Dongwoo remembered. They were kids, naive, innocent kids.

     Dongwoo stood in front of his aunt's house with his luggage by his side as his mom bid her sister farewell. Dongwoo smiled at his cousin as he ran and squeezed the other. The pair were different as night and day but closer than two peas in a pod.

     "Myungsoo~ I missed you!"

     "I missed you too hyung," Dongwoo remembered that Myungsoo hated skin ship but on that bright summer day, Myungsoo had returned the hug.

     It was a calm night when the two decided that they would set up a tent and sleep in the back yard. The city air was chilly and the honks of horns didn't help set the mood, but Dongwoo insisted they camp out.

     "Hyung, I have to tell you something. We have too be serious about this." Myungsoo put another piece of popcorn in his mouth as he paused the laptop they had borrowed from his dad to watch movies on.

     The tent became quiet. Dongwoo held both of Myungsoo's hands and looked right in his eyes as he said, "I am being serious. Go ahead and tell me."

     "While we were in school, I met someone hyung."

     Dongwoo gasped. "A girl! But they have cooties!" Dongwoo had let go of his cousin's hand and embraced him. "Oh Myung! You are going to die because they gave you the cooties. Why must the young always go first?"

     "Hyung, it's a boy."

     "Boys, no dying in the tent, alright? Appa will be mad." Myungsoo's mom is an understanding woman.

     The day Myungsoo introduced his friend to Dongwoo, the first thing Dongwoo did was pulled his pants down. He had claimed that it was necessary procedures, to make sure there were no cooties. Howon, Myungsoo's friend, had claimed that the aliens left Dongwoo on earth when they were returning to their planet.

     That night, while they were out in the tent, Myungsoo had told Dongwoo that he will never replace Dongwoo with anyone, not even Howon. Dongwoo was already asleep.

     On the day that they went swimming, Myungsoo had noticed that Dongwoo and Howon had grown a lot closer. He was jealous. He was jealous enough to push Dongwoo into the deep end so that he would stop talking to Howon, forgetting that Dongwoo's definition of swimming meant that his feet touches the floor of the pool. Dongwoo had cried after the lifeguard brought him up. He had cried in his arms. Howon's.

     When Dongwoo packs his luggage to leave, Myungsoo had helped him by sitting on it while Dongwoo tried to close it. Myungsoo had already been forgiven after the pool incident, only because Dongwoo cried again after seeing Myungsoo's dad yelled at him. It was Dongwoo's last day but Myungsoo wasn't sad. In fact, he was quiet happy. Howon had dance practice, which meant that Myungsoo will have all of Dongwoo's attention today. Myungsoo had made sure to tell Howon that Dongwoo was leaving at 6. Dongwoo left at 4.

     Before getting in his mom's car, Dongwoo gave Myungsoo a sheet of paper with scribbled writings on it. He had told Myungsoo to give it Howon. Myungsoo had agreed after a pouting Dongwoo begged him to do so. Dongwoo had pecked him on the check before leaving as a thank you and promised to bring him a present the next time he visits.

     Myungsoo realized that there were something in his jean pocket when he was changing for bed. He remembered that it was the piece of paper Dongwoo had wanted to give to Howon. Myungsoo knew better but opened it anyway. On the piece of paper was the phone number to Dongwoo's house, Myungsoo knew the number. He knew the number by heart because that's the number he would dial whenever he wanted to tell the other what to bring him on his visits.

     It was this summer that Myungsoo realized he didn't like sharing.

     Howon never received the paper and Dongwoo waited for the call a whole year. 

    Dongwoo's next visit was when they were teenagers. Myungsoo had grown into L, Howon had grown into Hoya, and Dongwoo was still Dongwoo. When Hoya had awkwardly ask L when Dongwoo's flight was to arrived, L had told him he didn't know. L showed up at the airport at 3, the time of Dongwoo's arrival. Dongwoo hugged him like always. L noticed that he was taller now and if he hug the other, the other would have to hug him at his waist. L liked hugs from Dongwoo.

     When Dongwoo had wanted to meet Howon, Hoya L corrected him, L told him that Hoya wasn't his friend anymore, not since that summer. Dongwoo pouted and said that it wasn't L's fault that they weren't friends anymore, it was because Hoya is a meanie.

     It was only when they showered together as teenagers that L realized he had urges. It was wrong. He ignored it. It always come back, especially if he's around Dongwoo.

     Dongwoo had met Howon Hoya when he was out running errands for his aunt while L had to do his summer work. When Dongwoo saw him, he pouted and threw an orange at the other and ran away. Hoya had ran after him and caught him before he was even out the doors of the grocery.

     "Why didn't you call me? I had waited." Dongwoo ate the orange he had threw at Hoya while the two sat on a playground that evening.

     "I didn't know the number," Hoya also ate a piece of the orange that was thrown at him.

     "I gave L the number to give to you before I left."

     "I never got it, like how I also didn't get the right time of when you were leaving that summer and when you would get here this summer."

     Before they parted ways, Hoya had made sure to have Dongwoo's number saved in his cell phone.

     Dongwoo didn't think L noticed but he did. He noticed how Dongwoo had been attached to his phone ever since that night he came back from running errands. He also noticed that Dongwoo would wait until he thinks L is asleep before sneaking out of the house. L definitely noticed.

     It was this summer that L had gotten into his first fist fight. It was with Hoya. It was when he discovered a small hickey at nape of Dongwoo's neck that had him following his hyung out to the playground where he met with Hoya. Dongwoo had cried. He had also promised not to meet Hoya anymore when he saw the blood coming out of L's lip.

     It was this summer that Dongwoo had shortened his visit.

     It was only a couple of years ago when Dongwoo moved to the city. He went out of his way to make sure he neither saw L or Hoya, but it was at his uncle's wedding that he saw L again. They made up but Dongwoo still misses Hoya.

     When Dongwoo received a job at a firm, he never knew he would be working for Hoya. He knew when he entered the office and saw the handsome man sitting at the desk in front of him that he realizes tears are coming out and that Hoya's arm around him were a lot stronger then when they were kids.

     Dongwoo never told L that he had met Hoya again. L had moved in with Dongwoo when Dongwoo's mom claimed that Dongwoo would try to raise a zoo in the house if he lived alone.

     The day that L found out was when L had cuddled with Dongwoo on the couch while watching a movie. Dongwoo hadn't showered and there was the smell of someone's cologne on him. It wasn't Dongwoo's and it wasn't L's. That night, they had argued and unlike when they were kids, they had used cussed words at each other, something that Dongwoo didn't like.

     Weeks after Dongwoo and L had made up, Dongwoo had forgotten his phone at home. L took the initiative to bring it to him at work to only see Dongwoo in the arms of Hoya. There were no fights this time. L forced Dongwoo to choose between the two. Dongwoo cried this time too, but he chose.

     It was this summer that Hoya realized he doesn't want to let Dongwoo go.

     "What are you think about?" Dongwoo smiled and showered the other with more morning kisses.

     "You."

     The other chuckled, "What about me?"

     "I realized that I like cuddling with you in the morning."

     "I do too."

     Dongwoo sat up and wrapped the blankets around him, leaving the other , but he didn't care. "I've just realized. We have to visit him today."

     "At the grave, right?" Dongwoo's blanket had been opened as the other placed Dongwoo on his lap and pulled him flush against his chest. "We can go after it stops raining."

     "I miss him."