Pink

"Yes"

 

Jonghyun sat down by the coffee shop window and ordered himself a white latte.

 

He looked out the window and smiled at himself.

 

This was their three year anniversary when they had first met and to him, it meant the world.

 

Today, Jonghyun was going to give Ki a gift that he had wanted to give a girlfriend before.

 

Jonghyun loved her.

 

He loved Ki.

 

Jonghyun Kim loved Ki Choi.

 

 

***

 

 

 

As Jonghyun stood on the set, waiting for his turn in the acting in their first MV, Noona Is Pretty, aka Replay, he looked at the other members of SHINee.

 

Or more like, Onew.

 

He was a great actor Jonghyun had to admit but he wasn’t really looking at Onew, their leader, he was looking at the girl he was smiling to.

 

Jonghyun stared at her and he didn’t know why, his heart just began to beat quicker and quicker but Jonghyun didn’t even know her name!

 

Or…he did but…but…but what?!

 

Jonghyun thought to himself.

 

He couldn’t help but think that this girl they were working with wasn’t their noona.

 

She looked at least 5 years younger than him.

 

It’s probably just the make-up.

 

Jonghyun thought to himself.

 

“Jonghyun-ssi! It’s your turn next, please get ready!”

 

The director of the MV called out for him.

 

“YE!”

 

Jonghyun shouted back and walked into the seat where there was a fake café but it looked so real.

 

He stood on the outside, practicing his acting skills when all of a sudden, he felt a light tap on his shoulder and he turned around.

 

Jonghyun gave the person a nervous smile and a slight wave.

 

“A-annyeonghaseyo…”

 

The girl smiled at him and waved back.

 

“Annyeong oppa!”

 

“Oppa?”

 

Jonghyun said, realising what she had just said.

 

The girl nodded and then upon looking at Jonghyun’s face she began to laugh.

 

“Did you really think that I’m older than you?!”

 

She asked incredulously.

 

Jonghyun shook his head in response.

 

The girl held out her hand and smiled at Jonghyun.

 

“I’m Ki Choi. Call me Ki.”

 

Jonghyun shook her hand.

 

“Jonghyun.”

 

The girl smiled.

 

“I know that already oppa.”

 

Both of them laughed.

 

Suddenly, Jonghyun saw a hand shot out and covered the girl’s eyes.

 

Ki squealed and then quickly turned around.

 

“JAE! THAT ISN’T FUNNY!”

 

She shouted at the girl who just did that.

 

“Mianhae Ki unnie!”

 

The other girl said playfully.

 

“Can all the people who isn’t supposed to be on the set leave! Filming in 10…9…”

 

The director began to count down and then the set began to become a rushed place.

 

Jae ran off the set.

 

The make-up artist’s applied the last bit of make-up and then ran off.

 

“5…4…”

 

The director continued to count.

 

The hair-stylist’s quickly fixed up his hair.

 

Ki ran to her place where she was acting, behind the glass.

 

Suddenly the music for their hit song began to play.

 

Nunan neomu yeppeoseo

 

Jonghyun began to sing.

 

Once all his part was done, and the director yelled out “CUT!” Jonghyun and Ki sighed and then walked together to go see the director and see how they’ve done.

 

“This bit I really like…”

 

The director pointed out to the part when Jonghyun was looking walking towards the café and when he sneaks peeks at her.

 

When they had finished, it was time for the dancing which they had to do three times in three different scenes, once on stage, two at the basketball courts but one during the morning and one during the night.

 

When they had finally finished all the filming everyone gave each other a smile of relief and thanked all the workers for their hair work.

 

“Kamsahamnida!”

 

SHINee said together.

 

Jonghyun went to his changing room and was about to walk in and get changed into his own clothes when suddenly, he heard two familiar voices coming from the room opposite him.

 

“So…did you like it?”

 

“Did I like what?!”

 

Jonghyun heard, recognising Ki’s voice in one second and then he knew that the other voice was her friend, Jae’s.

 

“Oh come on Ki! Don’t lie to me! I’ve been your friend since forever. I think I know what I’m talking about.”

 

-SILENCE-

 

Jonghyun took a deep breath and gently opened the door to see that was happening.

 

Jonghyun peered into the room and then suddenly he was caught by Jae who gave him a quick smile and then turned back to Ki, who, Jonghyun realise, was blushing.

 

“Ki…who’s you’re favourite SHINee member? Come one, just tell the truth okay?”

 

Jae kept on persuading Ki and Jonghyun’s heart froze, scared and not scared at the same time in hearing Ki’s answer.

 

“J-Jonghyun…” Ki said quietly.

 

Suddenly, Jae burst out laughing and then walking past Ki, towards Jonghyun.

 

She put his hand on Jonghyun shoulder and then turned back to Ki who was staring at Jonghyun looking scared.

 

“See…it wasn’t so hard was- KI!”

 

Jae yelled as Ki ran out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

 

Jonghyun ran out the door to chase after Ki.

 

Jonghyun looked everywhere for Ki and then he found her. 

 

Jonghyun slowly walked towards Ki and when he was about to speak he was cut off.

 

“Don’t say anything okay? Just pretend that I had never said that and u can pretend that I don’t exist after today okay?”

 

Ki said in between embarrassed sobs.

 

“No.”

 

Jonghyun said causing Ki to look up at him.

 

Jonghyun gave her a smile and then sat down next to her.

 

“You know, from the very first time I had seen you, I knew one thing,”

 

Ki continued to look at Jonghyun.

 

“That I had fallen in love with you.”

 

Jonghyun said and then, before Ki could protest, his lips was on hers.

 

Both of their first kiss taken away by their first love.

 

 

***

 

 

Jonghyun suddenly felt a pair of hands wrap itself around his shoulder and then smiled to himself.

 

He turned around and saw a familiar face smile down at him.

 

“Hey Ki…”

 

Jonghyun said and then hugged her.

 

“Hey Jong, How’s everything coming along?”

 

Ki asked and then sat down opposite him and they began to talk.

 

“Do you wanna order a drink? I’ll go and order for you.”

 

Jonghyun said and stood up, looking down at Ki.

 

“Yes please. I’ll get a chocolate latte thanks.”

 

Ki said and smiled at Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun walked to the counter and ordered a chocolate latte but then turned around to see if Ki was looking at him and when he saw that she wasn’t he quickly gave the waitress something that glinted in the light and then Jonghyun hurried back.

 

Jonghyun sat down in front of Ki and then Ki turned and smiled at Jonghyun and they continued to talk.

 

Suddenly, the waitress walked towards their table with Ki’s chocolate latte.

 

“Enjoy.”

 

The waitress said and then smiled at both of them and walked off.

 

Ki began to scoop up the cream at the top and began to put it in , while talking to Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun was becoming more and more nervous when Ki began to slowly drink the latte.

 

When Jonghyun saw Ki widened her eyes he smiled to himself.

 

Ki spat out a ring.

 

A ring.

 

A ring with a small pink diamond in that middle that glinted in the sunshine.

 

She held it and then looked at Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun smiled and leaned towards Ki to get the ring.

 

He got up from his seat and walked around to Ki and when he was there, he knelt on one knee and held out the ring to a very shocked Ki.

 

“Will you, Ki Choi, be my girlfriend? Forever and ever?”

 

Jonghyun asked softly, waiting for Ki’s answer.

 

Ki was about to cry but before she did, she said one word that would change their life forever.

 

“Yes.”