The Wedding

Love Is A War

 

"Hold still!" Mom scolds as she pulls the lace on the corset of my dress.

"Sorry, but it's so tight." I complain.

"But it looks gorgeous!"

I sigh. She never understands...

"There! All done!" She stands back, admiring me. "Come down in five minutes. The wedding will start soon." She turns and leaves.

 

I stand in front of the mirror and look at my reflection. It feels weird to say that I am getting married at the age of seventeen. Most girls get married when they are around twenty-two years old. "You look so beautiful." I hear as Chen's reflection appears behind me in the mirror.

"Thanks." I blush, turning around to face him.

 

{Chen's POV}

I walk in to see her standing in front of the mirror in her wedding dress. Wow. She looks gorgeous. A huge goofy smile appears on my face. "You look so beautiful."

She turns around. She's blushing. That's so cute. "Thanks."

I wrap my arms around her in a hug. "Are you ready for this?"

"Sort of." Her voice was muffled in my chest.

I chuckle.

"I don't think he likes me..." She confesses, pulling away.

"What makes you say that?" You are perfect, Sumi. How could he NOT like you?

"He didn't act pleased when I met him this morning..."

"Maybe it was just an act. You are amazing, and any guy stupid enough to not see that doesn't deserve you." Oh my god. I just said that out loud.

Her lips form a smile, showing her cute baby-dimples. "Thank you. You always know how to make me feel better."

 

{Sumi's POV}

I pull him into a hug. "Come on, it's time to go." I grab his hand and lead him downstairs.

"I guess I'll be going now." He gives me a quick hug and steps into the sanctuary.

"Are you ready, honey?" Dad asks me, linking our arms. I nod. "Good. Come on."

 

I step out and everyone from each of the clans are here, even the enemy and neutral clans. All of the women and girls gasp, and everyone begins to whisper things like, "She's beautiful," "Tao is a lucky man," and "Her father must be so proud to have a daughter like her." I keep looking straight ahead. Tao is standing up there in front of the elder of the Water Clan, staring at me with an unreadable expression, with Chen, Suho, Kris, and three other boys to the right of him. Six girls stand to the elder's left. I have no idea who any of them are. Dad releases my arm and watches me walk up to the altar, standing to face and emotionless Tao.

 

After all of the verses of the bible are read by the elder, he finally tells Tao to kiss me. Tao stares deep into my eyes and takes a step toward me. My eyes widen and I gulp. His stare is intense, as if he is mentally undressing me. Oh god. He leans in and I quickly shut my eyes. I feel his lips crash into mine, and hear the girls watching all swoon. I feel his hand on the small of my back, pulling me closer. Oh god, I think to myself, again. I might as well make this look good, for my mother's sake. I start kissing him back, and I hear my mom let out a small squeal. I smile through the kiss. He finally pulls away, and grabs my hand, still leaving his other hand on the small of my back, and pulls me back down the aisle, and out of the door.

 

Both my parents and his parents pull us into a limo and we drive off. "Where are we going?" I ask.

"To your house, silly." Mom smiles hugely. "Do you want to see the pictures your mother-in-law took?" I nod. I don't want to hurt her feelings. This first picture she shows me is a picture of my standing in my dressing room that was upstairs, looking in the mirror with the sunlight filtering through the windows. It looks like a professional picture. When on Earth did she take that? The next few pictures were ones of Tao, Kris, Suho, Chen, and the others, from them standing outside the sanctuary doors to the walking down the aisle. She then shows me pictures of dad and I walking down the aisle, and then a few of Tao and I standing at the altar in front of the elder. She turns to the next picture, and my face starts feeling hot. It was a professional-looking picture of Tao and I kissing. She took it the moment I started smiling, Tao happened to be smiling too- for some reason-, so it looks as if we both were the happiest couple ever. "See how cute you two are?" She turns her attention to Tao, who had his emotionless face on again. He looks at the picture as she held it up to his face. He nods and turns to look out of the window, still with no emotion.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Double update today~ *happy dances*

Here is how I envision Tao at the altar:

Hot~ ;D

Or, if you prefer, he could also look like this at the altar:

But I feel the first one captures my vision more than the second. :3

Anyway, enjoy~!