"You shouldn't cry..."

Never Again

“I know we’ve been dating for a few months now, and those were the best months of my life, but we have to end our path here. I’m sorry.”

You woke up again with tears streaming down your face. You turn to look at the clock, only to see that it is 4:30 in the morning. You groaned before trying to go back to sleep, only to fail falling asleep again.

“Why do I keep on remembering the words you told me a year ago?” you whispered to yourself as you tried to keep the next batch of tears in.

--

You woke up yet again, but at the right time this time, and walked to your bathroom. You looked at yourself in the mirror and saw that you had puffy, red eyes.

“Stop crying about him. If he moved on, then so should you. Fighting!” you cheered yourself on before washing your face and got ready for the day.

After your daily routine, you walked over to the café that was down the street from your apartment complex and when you walked in, the workers greeted you since you were a regular there. You walked up to the counter and gave in your order and paid before walking back to find a vacant table.

Everyone at the café was in couples, leaving you to be the only single person at a table. It’s sad to say that you felt left out. You shrugged off the lonely feeling and waited for the employee to call your name for the drink.

While you were waiting for your drink, the bell on the door rang, indicating that someone had came. You briefly looked from your peripheral vision, only to see him walk in with his girlfriend. You froze on the spot, hoping he wouldn’t see you. You succeed when he walked right past you with his girlfriend to the counter, only to have the worker call out your name and telling you that your drink was ready.

You turned around to walk to the counter, only to see him stand there in shock, looking at you while his girlfriend was looking up at the menu. You coldly walk past him to receive your drink. You thanked the worker and quickly turned around and avoided eye contact with him. You fail in leaving when he grabs your upper arm and jerking you back to make you look at him.

You stare at each other for a few minutes before he whispers your name. You yank your arm away and ignored him, only to have him do the same thing to you again.

“What?” you scowled when he grabbed onto your arm again.

“I’ve missed you, a lot,” he said to you.

You rolled your eyes at him, “Why would you be the one to say something like that? You’re the one who ended the relationship, not me.”

“I didn’t want to break up with you though,” he whispered.

“Really? Well too late for that. You’re dating someone else aren’t you? Who’s the girl you have with you right now?” you resisted the urge to roll your eyes again.

“I can explain –“

“No, you can’t. I’m sorry Suho,” you whisper as you keep your tears in.

“I’m not Suho! I’m your Joonmyun!” he grip on your arm tightens.

“No, you’re not. Not anymore. The Joonmyun that I knew since I was a child died in me. That void is filled with Suho now. A rookie solo artist that’s already too famous to go out with someone like me or to know me,” you scowled at him.

“I’m not that kind of person, you know that,” Suho cried.

You tug your arm away from him, careful not to spill your drink in the process.

“I wouldn’t know that since I don’t know who Joonmyun is. Never again will I know who he is,” you whispered to him and you then left the café, having everyone in the café look in disgust at Suho, since they all knew you.

Suho wanted to run after you, tell you that he loves you to death, hug you like he hasn’t seen you in a million years, kiss you until you both run out of breath. But he couldn’t. The company wouldn’t allow him to run back to you.

He simply stands there, wanting to do all those things but the only thing holding him back is SMent and the girl that Lee Soo Man wanted to pair him up with so that Suho would get more famous.

Meanwhile, you’re slowly walking through the park while drinking your almost-cold hot drink, occasionally wiping away the tears that escape your eyes. Once you’re done with your drink, you find a bench to sit down on and you finally let the rest of the tears escape.

While you were crying silently, someone comes up to and taps your shoulder. You look up to see a guy with semi-thick lips and tan skin. He smiles at you and hands you a tissue.

“You shouldn’t cry you know, it’ll make you age out of your pretty face,” you lightly laugh at his statement and then slightly blush at what he said last.

“Thanks for the tissue,” you slightly bow while he chuckles. When you look back up, you see him holding out a piece of paper. You confusingly take it from him and he grins.

“Call me when you want to talk. I’m Kai.”