Chapter 1: Prologue

He's Just Shy

 

(read this please?<3) 
okay so basically, this chapter isn't really a chapter because it's more of a prologue from what happened in ch.38 of hms (when onew found out where they were) in yaDong's pov. this was actually originally a part of hms but I cut it out bc I couldn't really find a place to put it, like this all occured after myungsoo was shot, but it felt like hms would flow better if it ended with the sungyeol confession thang. but I didn't completely erase it because c'mon, it's 1k words and I put effort in it. so I awkwardly saved it. I just feel it'd be better to put it here because it shows yaDong bonding more, kind of? so you'd understand the way their chemistry works (lol jk even I don't know how it works lol)

yeah and if you didn't read hms I'll summarize what happened down below.
but I mean like if you're planning on reading hms in the neartime future (it isn't that good tbh I'm just warning you ahead of time) I advise you not to read this because it's gonna spoil a lot.

Somehow, when Hoya picked up Fei’s cell phone and heard the chattering voice of Yoo Ara on the other end…he just wasn’t surprised. He was scarred, yes, he was terrified, yes, but he wasn’t…surprised.

                Lime had glanced up from her hands, breathing heavily as Fei turned off the television (which really wasn’t helping anybody). “What happened?”

                “We need to go to the hospital,” Hoya answered, his voice thick with hesitation as he tossed the phone to Fei rather than handing it to her. “Myungsoo got shot.”

                “Shot?” Lime screeched, standing up with her hands flinging helplessly at her sides. “By who?!”

                Fei rolled off the other side of the bed, the one Hoya wasn’t on, and grabbed her purse. “Who else do you think, honestly. Hoya, did Ara tell you about anybody else? Is everybody else okay?”

                “Yeah, they’re all fine. Sungyeol’s traumatized I think, but –“

                “Good, that’s all I need,” Fei rushed. She ran to the door, turning only to glare at them. “Hurry up! I need to see my brother before Myungsoo really gets hurt, and I need to figure out which hospital it is!”

                Hoya nodded, not even having to look back to know that Lime was trailing behind him, shutting off the lights and making sure their handprints were swiped off everything in the lousy motel room.

 

The car ride was filled with utter silence besides Fei’s occasional stomp on the brakes, the cussing, and Lime’s rugged breathing. Hoya remained in the middle backseat, leaning forward between the two chairs in front of him. He was fiddling with Lime’s phone, Fei’s laying somewhere behind him on the back.

                “How long until we get there?” Hoya asked hurriedly for the millionth time.

                “Prodding me with your questions isn’t going to get me there any faster,” Fei snapped. “I’m already watching for the cops, I don’t need you on my back too.”

                “Look, I’m sorry but my best friend just got shot, I’m not going to sit here and shut up –“

                “You have to,” Lime said underneath her breath, turning the other way to look at Hoya without the occupied Fei seeing. “She’s just as panicked as you are, alright? We’re all scared, just please, stay low for a few minutes. Fei needs to concentrate.”

                Hoya bit his tongue back, forcing himself not to utter a word. Instead, he continuously stared at his phone, waiting for it to do something

                As if on cue, the silent vibration began becoming evident on his shivering leg, and Ara’s contact name appeared on the screen.

                Shakily, Hoya answered, “Yeah?”

                “…You alright?”

                Immediately, the teenager breathed out a sigh of relief at the completely familiar voice – who was, actually, more calm than he thought he could ever be. “No, not at all. But how’s Sungyeol?”

                “Awful,” Dongwoo admitted, a sniffling sound coming over the phone. “He locked himself in one of the stalls in the bathroom, refuses to go out.”

                “Dammit, dammit, dammit,” Hoya muttered, scratching the back of his head with his hands. “ing Myungsoo…”

                “You knew, didn’t you?” Dongwoo asked, another sniffle coming up. “About Sungyeol. And Myungsoo’s voice.”

                “I only found out earlier today when Lime dragged me out,” the other said, looking out the window and forcing himself to think happy thoughts (there was that ongoing battle between spazzing over the fact that he was speaking to Dongwoo and that his best friend was shot – there wasn’t much he was able to go on for ‘happy thoughts’).

                “Well, I only found out barely even half an hour ago, and now I think I’ll never be able to hear Myungsoo’s real voice coming out of his own mouth.”

                It took nearly a minute for the words to catch on in Hoya’s brain, following the events of the teenager’s eyes nearly bulging out. “No –“

                “When I ran out to see Onew, you know, the guy that…that…did all that, Hwayoung…oh right, she was there too. If you know her. Sungyeol’s little sister –“

                “Hwayoung’s Sungyeol’s little sister?!” Hoya shrieked, momentarily forgetting his problems. “As in Ryu Hwayoung –“

                “It’s a long story, but…yeah. Either way, she was there, she was the one that called the police on Onew. And when he shot, she literally went ballistic and, even though I don’t think even she knew her own brother’s back story, started screaming at Onew, all “why the did you do that?!” “are you ing insane?””

                “…What’d he say back?” Hoya was able to breathe out slowly.

                “He just laughed. Laughed and then said something along the lines of ‘If he doesn’t know how to use his voice properly, he shouldn’t be able to use it at all’.”

                “Why…” Hoya whispered, because after all this time, he still didn’t understand. Why Myungsoo did all this, why Sungyeol agreed to do all this, why Lee Entertainment’s CEO allowed this to happen, why Onew would shoot…why.

                “We’re here,” Fei announced as if she hadn’t been eavesdropping on Hoya and Dongwoo’s conversation the entire time.

                “We’re here,” the boy in the backseat repeated into the phone, staring up at the big white building in front of them.               

                “I know,” Dongwoo’s voice cackled over the phone. “I see the car.”

                And before Hoya could even think, the door to his right was pulled open just as Lime was getting out of her side of the car.

                Dongwoo smiled down at him, the phone still on as it shone a light into the dark car. “Hey.”

                “…You’re not okay, are you?” Hoya whispered slowly after looking up at his new friend’s tear-streaked eyes.

                The older could only slowly shake his head, biting his lips and staring at the blacktop on the parking lot.

                “Just had to not break down so you wouldn’t break down,” Dongwoo managed to sputter out before finally falling into the empty seat beside Hoya and grabbing onto the back of the seat in front of him, crying into the headset.

                Hoya heard a click from outside, and Fei knocked on the window once before motioning to the hospital. She didn’t need a reaction from Hoya to know it was right to leave.

                “I’m sorry,” Dongwoo cried into the head of the seat, not looking anywhere. “I’m s-sorry, you should be-e in the hospital with Myungsoo –“       

                “No,” Hoya forcibly shook his head, pushing any thoughts, anything of his best friend laying in a hospital bed, out of his mind. “No. I…If I even saw Myungsoo right now…I don’t think I could survive…”

                “He looks awful,” Dongwoo whispered, removing himself from the chair to wipe away his tears and red eyes, staring at Hoya so emptily. “There was so much blood, and I didn’t think his throat could have so much blood in it, and his eyes were half-open and half-close and he looks like he’s about to just…I….I’m sorry….”

                “It’s okay, the thoughts need to go somewhere,” Hoya gulped, pressing the button to remove his seatbelt and inch closer to Dongwoo. “It…no, at least I hope it’ll be okay.”

                “Silly, I should be the one telling you that,” Dongwoo sniffled, wiping his eyes again.

                “Yeah?” Hoya asked slowly, putting a hand on the older boy’s.

                “Yeah,” Dongwoo nodded furiously, only to start nearly bawling again as he leaned his body down completely until his tear-streaked eyes were comfortable on Hoya’s right shoulder. “It’ll – it’ll be…be okay…”

                “Sure it will,” Hoya just nodded back, patting Dongwoo’s back with his free hand. He bit his bottom lip, staring up at the black ceiling of the car and his tears just kept spilling everywhere.

 

 

okay so you ready for the summary?

basically sungyeol's a fake idol who lipsynches to myungsoo's voice and there's one jackass ceo from woohyun's old company who's out to get all of them bc woohyun left the company to duet with sunggyu. basically the ceo does to lee ent (woohyun's present company) artists like drugging sunggyu & kidnapping him, and his next step's to reveal myungyeol's secret which he knows bc he's myungsoo's dad's old friend (who's this assface that's really baised to his younger son [sungjong] and not his older one basically; myungsoo doesn't know that he knows myungsoo's doing all this singing stuff) and at the end he couldn't do anything so he got one of his posse dudes [onew] to do something to myungsoo (who was in hiding with the rest of the bunch) and long story short L got shot in the throat (he ends up mute in the end)

OH RAIT and Hwayoung is sungyeol's lil sis (and sungjong's gf too okay hwajong is my awesome personal ship guise so SHIP EET) but she doesn't really wanna be known as that bc it kinda if you're a famous idol's lil sis 'cause you never know if people wanna be friends with you for him or for you.

there. I just practically explained the entire thing for you. idk if I should say you're welcome or I'm sorry.

OH WELLS THE REAL STORY WITH THE SHYNESS PLOT WILL BE UPDATED SOON ENOUGH. when infinite freaking comes back maybe YEAHH IN LIKE TWO DAYS OMFG<3

ahahahahah well bye guise. I'm sorry..