60 Seconds Is Not A Long Time

60 Seconds Is Not A Long Time

 

            “Oppa~! Let’s go to that coffee shop! The cake there is so good!”

            “Aish! You eat too many sweets, Eunmi.”

            She turned to face me and pouted. “Please!”

            I sighed. “Alright. Let’s go.”

            Eunmi stood up on her toes and kissed my cheek, smiling widely. “Thanks, Sunggyu Oppa!”

. . .

            “Eunmi, are you busy?”

            “Mmm… no! What is it, oppa?”

            I reached into my pocket and pulled out two small rings, one slightly larger than the other. I reached for her hand and slipped the smaller one on one of her fingers before slipping the other on my finger. “Happy one year anniversary!”

            Eunmi smiled happily, wrapping her arms around my neck, hugging me tight. “You remembered!”

            “Of course. Come on, I have a lot planned for today.”

            Her smile only brightened. “You didn’t have to do so much.”

            “But I wanted to.” I smiled back at her, quickly leading her to my car.

. . .

            “Oppa! You have spaghetti sauce all over your lips,” said Eunmi, laughing as she reached for a napkin to wipe it off.

            I reached toward her lips, wiping off the little bit of sauce she had on her lips as well. “You do, too.”

            Eunmi pouted, but it lasted for a mere second before she wiped the sauce off my lips and fed me another fork full of spaghetti.

            Her laugh burst from her lips again, the most beautiful sound I had ever heard. “Spaghetti is so messy~! Or maybe it’s the way you eat it, oppa!”

            “Or maybe it’s the way you feed me,” I replied. She stuck her tongue out before leaning forward to kiss my lips quickly, causing the spaghetti sauce to spread onto her lips as well.

            I smiled, shaking my head and grabbing a napkin, wiping her lips clean as well as mine. “Let’s finish. It’s getting late.”

            Eunmi nodded, feeding me another fork full.

. . .

            “Where have you been? I haven’t heard from you in a week.”

            Eunmi shifted uncomfortably. “I… I’ve just been very busy.”

            “Do you have time to go out to dinner with me?”

            She seemed to wince slightly, shaking her head. “I have a lot of work to do at home…”

            “Are you free any time? This is the first time we’ve seen each other face to face in nearly a month.”

            Eunmi glanced down at her watch and stood up. “I’m sorry, oppa. I have to go. Maybe… maybe next time.” She left before I could say another word about it.

. . .

            “Eunmi, we need to talk.”

            “Oppa, why are you being so clingy? I don’t have time to go on a date with you today! Don’t call me again today.”

            Click.

            I groaned in frustration. We’ve been in a relationship for a year and a half. For the past three months, she’s been avoiding me.

            A picture of us together stood on my desk, mocking me. I carefully flipped it down, standing up and walking away. I needed to see her. I needed an explanation.

. . .

            “Why didn’t you tell me?”

            Tears were slowly falling down her cheeks. “I thought that… if you hated me, it would be easier to part.”

            “But you’re only leaving for a little while right?”

            She shook her head. “I’m moving there permanently…” Eunmi stood on her toes like she always did and kissed my lips softly. “The moving truck is ready to go.”

            “Please… don’t leave me.”

            “I have to.”

            “Eunmi—“

            “I can’t stay, oppa.” The tears only fell faster. She kissed me once more. “Thank you for always being there for me… Thank you for letting me be your girlfriend.” She took a step back, pulled off the ring I had given her and placed it in my palm, closing my fingers around it. Eunmi turned around, getting into her car and leaving without turning back. I stood there by the driveway for hours before someone told me to leave.

. . .

            I took her for granted. That was the last time I saw her, and I’ve never been the same since. A piece of me will always feel empty now.

            Everyday, I walk around my apartment and see pictures of us together. I can never bear to hide them away… but I can’t stand seeing them either.

            I stopped by my desk, looking at the small ring that always sat right next to my lamp. I reached for my right hand, feeling my own ring and twisting it around my finger before turning away from her ring.

            The time I spent with her was the best time of my life. I only regret not treasuring her more… not realizing that she was moving away. I should have paid more attention to her instead of letting it go so easily.

            When we were together, it felt like we would last forever. But now, it feels like it only lasted for… 60 seconds.


I hope you liked reading this :) 

I was just bored and decided to write this cliché story :3

If you guys liked this, please check out my other one-shots or stories!

Thanks!

~DespisedSecret