XXI.

Lost, Sought and Found

 

That night, Soojung was sent home. Jonghyun and Jinki had dinner at the Jung's. After a couple of laughs during the meal, Soojung was immediately put to bed. She needed a lot of rest though she knew she wouldn't be able to rest the next day cos she had to do her project.
 
"Drink lots of water, okay? You need that." Jinki patted her head like she was a five year old kid.
"I'll comeback tomorrow. I'll help you with your project." he added as he pulled her cover and tucked her in to sleep.
"I'll be waiting." she said and turned her body to the side.
 
As soon as Jonghyun and Jinki arrived in their apartment, the younger boys asked them about Soojung's condition. Both said she's alright cos she was but she needed to rest. Then the youngest suddenly asked,
 
"Are you going to stop being mean to her?"
"Yes, Taem." 
 
He couldn't avoid her, he knew that. He didn't want avoid her. But at the same time he didn't want to like her. She's Jung Soojung, Sooyeon's younger sister. She was like a sister to him. Was. That's how he describes her now. Whenever he sees her coming, walking towards him like a really gracious princess, whenever he sees her smile, that deadly smile, whenever he hears her talk. It's all different now and he couldn't bring back his old thoughts of her. That's for sure. Maybe, he had changed as well. Maybe he wasn't the old man Jinki anymore. Maybe she also sees him differently now. He's Jinki oppa, he used to be just an older brother to her. Used to. But things weren't the same anymore. If he only knew that, but he didn't. That's why he refused to accept her feelings for him. He kept thinking that it as just a little "crush" for her. Cos somehow, he still sees the young Soojung. The Soojung that he first met even if it had been 7 years already.
 
...
 
"Did you just say beach?"
"Really?"
"Again?"
"Yay!" the youngest ones were the most excited ones. Soojung, Jinri, Taemin and Sunyoung were dancing around the boys' apartment after hearing the news.
 
"In celebration of Sooyeon's birthday!"
 
"We have to buy new swim wear, Jinri." Soojung jumped on the sofa and pulled Jinri down with her.
 
"I'll have our rest house prepared. Don't worry." Sooyeon said as she grabbed Jonghyun's arms and wrapped them around her waist.
"Two days and one night?" Kyuhyun was surprisingly there with them.
"Yup! Early Saturday morning," Jinki answered with a child-like smile.
"....
 
 
They all went out to have dinner together and discussed the things to bring that coming Saturday. Jinki kept quiet at the side and let everyone decide. Sunyoung sat next to him. She wanted to know how he was doing.
 
"I'm doing great. And you? How's your blind dates?" he mocked her. Soojung said Sunyoung had been going on blind dates every weekend.
"Well, no one had actually surpassed you, but some are alright." Sunyoung still likes him but had to let go of her feelings for him in some way.
"You spent too much of your time liking me. You missed out a lot." he her back.
"Not really. You were all that I was looking for. But everything's in the past now. I'm moving on." she smiled and took a spoonful of rice.
"Good."
 
It was a wonderful and busy week for everyone. They were busy with exams and reports but they were all able to survive everything with the thought of what was coming that weekend.
 
Soojung stayed away from Jinki that week. She wanted him to miss her. She knew he would. He gave her a hard time for the last few weeks and she actually blamed him for being sick.
 
Whenever they met in the halls, she would roll her eyes. Whenever they saw each other in the library, she would pretend she was reading or searching for a book. Whenever they bumped into each other in the cafeteria, she wouldn't say anything and she would walk away.
 
...
 
That Saturday morning, one by one, they rode the bus having their own sitting arrangements. Qian and Kyuhyun at the left front, then Jonghyun and Sooyeon behind them; Minho and Yuri at the right side front, Jinri and Taemin behind them, then Amber and Kibum. On the back seats were Soojung and Sunyoung sitting next to each other. Jinki was the last one to arrive, like the usual. Jinki didn't know whether to sit beside Soojung or Sunyoung since both of their sides were free. Jinki wanted to take revenge on Soojung for ignoring him all week so he sat next to Sunyoung though he knew it was his fault why she did that. He grabbed his phone and played some games as he listened to what Sunyoung and Soojung were talking about. It was about boys, the boys that Sunyoung met on her blind dates in particular.
 
"Are they cute?" Soojung asked with a tiny giggle.
"Not all but a lot of them are." Sunyoung giggled as well.
"Take me with you sometimes, then." Soojung whispered still giggling and it made Jinki cringed. 
 
He stopped playing with his phone after hearing what they were talking about. Instead, he texted Soojung.
 
JK: Sup?
Soojung looked at Jinki and smirked.
SJ: nothing much...
JK: Cool.
SJ: bored much?
JK: Yup. Can I sit next to you?
She glanced at him again and slightly tilted her head. He raised his eyebrows waiting for her reply.
SJ: sure.
 
Jinki stood up and moved to the other side.
 
"Music?" Soojung offered one of her earphone and Jinki accepted it.
"Didn't know you listen to this kind of songs." Jinki after hearing an old ballad playing on her iPod.
"Well, I guess you don't know everything about me." Soojung said before singing along the song. And it was true. He still doesn't know her completely, but he's getting there.
 
....................
 
Happy Birthday Jessica. I didn't know what a good celebration I could put in here for them to go the beach then, I got lucky and it's Sica's birthday. hahaha
 
xdorkyx
x