The Beautiful Afternoon

One Shot Collection

 

AUTHOR’S POV

*ding dong*

“Good morning, I am Lee Sunye, me and my family just move here and this is our freshly baked chocolate cake, hope you and your family will enjoy it.” Mrs. Lee handed the box contained the cake in it while holding her daughter on her other hand.

“Oh hello Mrs. Lee, I am Kim Taehee, nice to meet you too, thank you for this. Who is this cute little kid?” Mrs. Kim took the box and smiled to the cute little girl beside Mrs. Lee.

“This is Lee Sunkyu… Ngg I mean, Lee Sunny.” Mrs. Lee fixed it after she got a tug from her youngest daughter,”How old are you Little Sunny?” Mrs. Kim crouched and smiled to Sunny who was shyly answered,”I am 5 years old, Mrs. Kim. It’s nice to meet you.” Mrs. Lee patted her daughter proudly,”Aigoo what a cute smart girl, not like my daughter. Do you guys want to come in?” Mrs. Kim widened the door to get to know better about her new neighbor, but Mrs. Lee had something else to do,”Maybe next time, Mrs. Kim. I still have to deliver the other boxes to the other neighbors, it’s nice to meet you.” Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Kim exchanged a little polite bow while Sunny eyed someone on her eye level behind Mrs. Kim’s body, there was a girl with a cap and blue t-shirt looking at her suspiciously.

-One Week Later-

“Omma, I’ll go and play with the other friends! Okay?” Little Sunny put her little sneakers on and ran outside before her mother can tell her about rules and all, Lee Sunye was a little uptight with rules especially when it comes to her daughter.

“Hey Sunny!” A little girl who was bubbly and pinkish greeted her.

“Hey Miyoung. Hey Sooyeon!” The pinkish girl was pouting when Sunny greeted the two little girls who were sitting far from each other, so Sunny took the place between them and mouthed ‘Sorry Tiffany’ then asked the other girl,”What are we going to play today?” Tiffany jumped out from the bench,”Hide and Seek! I will hide now!” But before the pink little girl can go, Sooyeon was already caught her collar,”Not so fast, microphone.” The certain loud girl shot her best glare with her small eyes to Sooyeon who didn’t care at all with the glare,”Sunny-ah, what do you want to play?” Sooyeon smiled warmly to Sunny which made the latter blushed and answered her,”I want to play hide and seek too.” Sooyeon waved her arms as she wanted to play ‘rock, scissors and paper’, to decide who was gonna count.

“Yah! You didn’t accept the idea when it was me who wanted to play that!” Tiffany pointed to Sooyeon with her small little index finger which was yanked easily by the little Sooyeon,”Let’s decide who will be the seeker.”

*Rock, Scissors, Paper!*

“AH!” Tiffany cursed her dumbness to use the scissors when the other two proudly curled their little hands, making a rock with them then smiled to the result,”There you go, count until tomorrow.” Sooyeon ran before Tiffany could complain made Sunny smiled,”She is just joking, count until 15, Tiffany. I will run now!” Tiffany pouted and closed her eyes while counting,”1… 2…”

Sooyeon found a hideous place behind the bushes, she crouched under a big tree and peeked over and over while thinking about where was Sunny,”Ah she must be hiding so well. Gosh that microphone is so lame in counting.” Little Tiffany was in difficulty,”5…6… Guys, is it 7 or 9? I don’t really remember… Never mind, I’ll just start over again from 1… 1! 2!” Sooyeon and Sunny laughed when they heard Tiffany was starting over because she can’t remember the number after 6. Sunny was running with her little feet, she ran but she can’t find a good hiding place until her wrist pulled by something, oh, someone,”Hide here, she will never found you.” Sunny looked up to found a beautiful pair of brown orbs,”Huh…?” The little girl in front of them peeked over to counting Tiffany,”You are playing hide and seek right? This is the best hiding place, I tell you. I always hide here when I play with my Oppa. Ah yeah, my name is Kim Taeyeon.”

“Lee Sunny.” Both of them exchange a handshake and smiled gleefully when they peeked and found that Tiffany started yelling their names,”SOOYEON! SUNKYU!”

“Who is Sunkyu?” Sunny pouted,”That’s my name, don’t laugh at it. I know it is so…classic.” Surprisingly, Kim Taeyeon didn’t smile at all,”Is it? It’s beautiful.” Sunny almost hugged Taeyeon if she didn’t remember that they were just met each other,”Thank you…” Pink tints appeared on little Sunny’s cheeks made Taeyeon smiled ear to ear,”You are red.” Sunny eyed her clothes then pointed to Taeyeon,”And you are blue.” Taeyeon laughed,”I mean, your cheeks.” Sunny smirked,”Then you are chubby.” Taeyeon sulked and pouted,”Hahaha I was just kidding.” Little Taeyeon got brighter immediately,”Hey I think it is the time for you to come out.” Sunny was a little disappointed because she enjoyed Taeyeon’s company so much, but she needed to run to the tree that Tiffany used to cover her eyes to win the game,”Okay!”

Sunny was walking out carefully when she found out that Taeyeon didn’t follow her,”Why don’t you come with me? My friends will be happy to have a new friend.” Taeyeon smiled,”Just go first, I have to distract that pink girl first so you can win easily.” Taeyeon winked made Sunny’s heart almost literally jumped out because of that deadly cute little wink that Taeyeon made with her big eyes,”Alright, come to us after I win this game.” Taeyeon raised her thumbs up then Sunny ran to the tree,”TIFFANY, I’m here!”

Tiffany who was talking to a little girl in blue turned around and found laughing Sunny,”Yah! It is all because of you!” Tiffany pointed to Taeyeon who was laughing together with Sunny now,”Do you guys know each other?” Sunny nodded,”Yes, she is my new friend, Kim Taeyeon.  Taeyeon, this is Tiffany.” Taeyeon smiled,”Tippany?” Tiffany found it was cute so she pinched Taeyeon’s cheeks,”It is Tiffany, f, with f, not p.” Taeyeon shrugged and scratched her cheeks in confused,”Where is your other friend?” The question made Sunny and Tiffany stopped laughing,”Oh yeah, where is Sooyeon?” The trio walked around and called Sooyeon’s name, but no one came out made the three panic and worried.

“She must be tricking us now!” Tiffany who was sulking and complained from the first time they looked for Sooyeon said. Sunny shook her head,”No, Sooyeon isn’t someone who will be like that.” Taeyeon just nodded to both of them because she didn’t know about Sooyeon after all. Then the three of them called their parents, reporting that her friend was missing, even Mrs. Jung was also there to find her daughter,”Jessica!” then the bushes shook a bit made everyone startled,”Everyone, step back! It might be a snake!” Then little Sooyeon came out from the bushes, pouting,”I got bitten by mosquitos.” The other laughed when they saw little Sooyeon while Mrs. Jung hugged her,”My little Jessica, are you alright?” Sooyeon nodded and hugged her mom back,”Eh guys, I win!” Jessica laughed when she realized that no one of them can find her.

 

-Present-

“What are you doing, Babe?” a girl asked her girlfriend who was tidying up the photos from her shelf,”Reminiscing…?”

“What were you reminiscing about?” The short blonde haired smiled to her girlfriend,”The day when we all four played together. Do you remember it?” The latter nodded,”Yes I do.”

“It was a very beautiful afternoon.” Then both of them hugged each other,”Let’s go to sleep, I feel sleepy now.”

“Okay, the one who the last arrived at the bedroom is the chef for the entire week!” Then both of them ran for their life into the bedroom,”HAHAHA!” They laughed together as they found themselves laying down on the huge bed,”I love you, Lee Sunkyu.”

Sunny smiled,”And I love you too,…” A pair of lips stopped her and both of them slept peacefully with each other on their arms.