Final - Fate

Music Box

 

 

 

 

 

 

♥♫♪♥♫♪♥♫♪♥♫♪♥♫♪♥♫♪♥♫♪♥♫♪

“Sehun I brought you a snack.”

Sehun’s mother entered with a tray, and put it on his desk.

“Thank you.” He said as he began to eat the cookies.

Sehun was now in the second year of high-school. He sighed as he put his head on the book. He was tired from studying. He stood up, and went to take something from the upper shelf.

It was a music box.

He opened it, and turned the key. The bear in the middle moved in circles, as sweet melodies escaped from the music box.

Sehun then remembers Luhan. It’s been 9 years, he thought. He wondered if he was doing well, if he was alright. He smiled as he remembered his days with him.

Those were the happy days, the happiest of them all.

He missed the days where they played, not giving a care about the world around. Giggling and laughing like there was no tomorrow.

He also wondered if Luhan had forgotten him.

But then he remembers the promise with Luhan. That they will someday meet.

Someday.

 

 

♪ Luhan’s POV ♪

I woke up very early today, as I am well moving. I packed everything yesterday night. I was going to Korea after 9 years.

I remember my days there. I remember my neighbor. Oh Sehun was it?

He was a very cute kid, and he was my first friend there.

“Luhannie dear hurry up or you will miss your flight!” My mom called from downstairs.

I slipped on my jacket and beanie, and dashed out of the room. My mom was waiting for me in her car. I put my last bag in the car then sat with my mom.

“Hey mom you remember our neighbors from the time we were in Korea?” I asked her.

“Oh yes, that kid you used to play with and Mrs. Oh. Oh how I missed her.” My mom smiled.

I hoped that I will meet Sehun. I promised him that I would,

But what if he forgot me?

 

♪ End of Luhan’s POV ♪

 

 

“Sehun guess who called today?” His mother said, excitement showing on her face.

“Who?”

“Hannie’s mom!”

That nickname ringed a bell in Sehun’s mind.

“She said that Luhan will be staying in Korea because he will enroll a university here!”

She said cheerfully.

“Oh I missed that kid, he was an angel! He used to come by every day to play with you! You should meet and help him around, Sehunnie. I will go out for a while and come back okay?” and with that she left.

Luhan is coming.

He remembered the day Luhan left him. How he cried the day Luhan left him, under their favorite tree.

Sehun still goes to the hill; it is still his favorite spot. Though he had to walk longer, because they had moved to another house. But that didn’t stop him from going there.

 His train of thoughts was cut when he heard his phone ring.

He checked the ID, and it read “Baek”

It was his friend, Byun Baekhyun. They became friends since middle school.

“Hey Baekhyun.”

“Hi Sehun! Guess what happened today?!”

“I can’t guess.”

“Chanyeol said he loves me.”

“What.”

“I am not going to repeat that.”

“Then? What did you say?”

“He ran away before I even replied.”

“Typical Chanyeol.” He sighed, then laughed.

Park Chanyeol.

He was the guy that his best friend, Baekhyun fell in love with. Chanyeol and Sehun were good friends. He was in the other class, same as his other friend Jongin.

“Sehunnie you should get someone.”

“Someone as in someone someone?”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Why? I am worried because then you won’ t have anyone because I’ll be busy with Yeol.”

“I’ll be okay. I have to continue studying now okay bye.”

“Oh okay byeeee.”

He put the phone on his desk and continued studying.

Love…. He thought.

After only 30 minutes of studying, Sehun was tired. He felt tired of studying. He decided to go out to refresh his mind. He stood up and wore his coat. He lifted his phone and put it in his pocket. He stood for a little. He looked at music box, and decided to take it with him.

He was, of course, heading to his favorite spot.

 

 

♪ Luhan’s POV ♪

After the short flight, I arrived at Korea. I took a cab to my university dorms. I called my friend, Xiumin, who was enrolling the same university as me. He had arrived a day before me. Thanks to him, I was already in my dorm unpacking my things as he talked about how it was different in Korea.

After I unpacked my things, I went for a walk around. It was a chilly night, wind blew as tree leaves fell. I remembered my old neighborhood.

I decided to go and visit the neighborhood. I took a walk around there.

I saw the ice cream shop on the corner. It was the ice cream shop, which Sehun and I always visited. I smiled as I recalled some funny moments.

Sehun.

I wonder where he could be right now.

I sighed and continued walking, looking at things here and there. Smiling like an idiot after remembering things, and passbyers giving me weird looks.

I ended up walking to the hill.

Sehun and I used to come here and roll down the hill. Or take a nap under the oak tree.

I climbed the hill. It changed in 9 years. There were more flowers now, and post lights.

Then I heard a familiar sound.

I got closer and closer, and the sound became clearer and louder.

It was the music box.

This song used to be played by the music box that I gave Sehun.

There was a figure, sitting under the tree and a small box was placed next to it.

“Sehun?” I softly called.

The figure turned it’s head towards me. It was a male. Then it suddenly stood up and started to walk towards me. I looked at his face, and then my doubts vanished.

It was Sehun.

No doubt.

♪ End Of Luhan’s POV ♪

 

 

“Luhan?” Sehun asked.

“Sehun it’s really you!” The male, who happened to be Luhan, hugged Sehun.

Sehun was surprised but he was happy.

 

“It’s been 9 years ha?”

Sehun simply nodded. They were now, sitting under the tree side by side. Luhan playing with the music box.

Luhan changed since the last time Sehun saw him.

He looked…

Sehun couldn’t find a word to describe him with.

“Sehunnie, you remember when we used to roll down the hill?”

“yeah.”

“Well let’s do it now!”

“now?”

“Yeah!” Luhan laid on his back and pulled Sehun with him.

They roll down the hill really fast and they ended up laughing at each other’s faces.

Luhan missed this.

Luhan also missed Sehun’s cute laugh.

“So hyung, I heard from my mom that you’ll be staying here for a while.”

“Yup, I enrolled a university here.”

They paused a little.

“Sehunnie you are in high school now right?”

“Yup, second year.”

“Sehunnie did you miss me?”

Sehun laughed at Luhan’s question. Luhan playfully hit his head.

“What? I didn’t say anything funny!”

“Let’s go eat some ice cream.” Sehun stood up.

“Why so suddenly let’s stay here. The weather is nice.”

“I’ll leave you here then.” Sehun started walking. He knew that the other was going to follow him.

“No! okay I’m coming.” Luhan huffed as he stood up and ran after Sehun.

 

 

Sehun and Luhan walked on the streets.

Though Sehun had one problem.

 Luhan was holding his hand.

He realized that after some girls who were walking by, screamed. Luhan completely ignored them, and continued talking.

 

♪ Luhan’s POV ♪

“Sehun!!” A voice behind us called. We stopped and turned around.

“Oh hi Baekkie.” Sehun did a small wave with his hand.

Baekkie?

“I can’t find Chanyeol anywhere he disappeared!”

I stood there while those two had a conversation about some guy named Chanyeol.

“Have you called his sister?”

“Yup, she told me she doesn’t know where he was.”

“What about Jongin?”

“Same.”

“and Kyungsoo?”

“Nope.”

Sehun sighed.

“Don’t worry Baekkie, you’ll find him. It’s not like he left this world or something.”

I watched as ‘Baekkie’ calmed down. Then he started staring at me.

“And who is this?” ‘Baekkie’ asked.

“Oh um.. Baekhyun this is Luhan.”

“Oh hi Luhan! I am Byun Baekhyun, call me Baek. Nice to meet you.” He extended his hand for a handshake.

“You don’t look familiar…In which high-school are you in?”

I laughed.

This kid thinks I am in High-school.

“Actually I’m entering university this year.” I smiled.

He was shocked.

“No way! I thought you were younger then me!”

I think I am starting to like Baekhyun.

“Wait. Are you guys together…?”

What.

“No we are not.” Sehun said.

“Then why are you holding hands?” He pointed at out intertwined hands.

I immediately broke the contact and felt my cheeks warm a little. I was holding his hand unconsciously.

“ah it’s nothing.” Sehun told Baekhyun.

Baekhyun at first didn’t believe but then smiled and stopped arguing, He then left and Sehun and I went to eat ice cream.

 

 

A year past and it was soon Sehun’s graduation. Luhan of course came to the ceremony, along with his other friends.

Sehun blushed as Luhan waved and smiled warmly at him.

Yes, blushed.

Sehun was in fact in love with ‘Luhannie’. Baekhyun would whenever they are together.

Sehun was in love with Luhan.

He loved his everything.

His eyes, his sweet voice, his way of talking, his laugh.

How he breathes.

 

Yes, he was madly in love.

His cheeks would heat up with every tough, every blink, every breath.

His heart would beat rapidly whenever he is around.

It was almost funny how everything the Chinese sweetheart does, takes Sehun’s breath away.

Luhan was perfect in everything.

He was an angel.

 

Baekhyun gave Sehun tips on how to deal with Luhan. He had not the slightest idea, of whether Luhan had an ounce of feelings towards the younger.

Sehun didn’t know a day he would actually confess to Luhan would come. He always blew up the perfect opportunities.

So Sehun decided he would end this and confess.

Either Luhan loves him back or doesn’t.

A part of him didn’t want to know the answer, while a part of him did. He was afraid of rejection.

Sehun told Luhan to come to the hill.

He waited for a while.

Then he saw him, and his heart beat increased.

“Hey Sehun what’s up?”

That sweet, angelic voice.♥

Sehun calm down, calm down. He told himself.

“I-I wanted to tell you something.”

“yes?”

Sehun kept quiet for a while. Words seemed to have lost their way because he opened his mouth and nothing came out.

He couldn’t talk.

Luhan moved his head left and stared in confusion.

Sehun thought of an absurd idea. He knew he would regret it later. He stood there and held his hands in a fist.

“Let’s sit down.” Luhan sat down and nudged Sehun’s hand as a sign to sit down. Sehun sat down, too.

They were quiet for a while.

“Sehunnie I am waiting.” Luhan said in a sweet voice.

Sehun’s mind was frying. He was dying.

He didn’t know how to do it, even though he practiced what he was supposed to say and do.

 

♪ Luhan’s POV ♪

 

Sehun was acting really weird. I noticed he was shaking a little bit. He then grabbed my shoulder and stared into my eyes.

He started shifting closer.

He was so close, that I could feel his breathe on my lips and nose. I felt my cheeks warm.

He then did something that shocked me.

 

He put his lips on mine. It was a gentle, and a soft kiss. Then he pulled off.

Sehun kissed me.

He kissed me.

He stared, and didn’t talk as if he was awaiting some reaction or sign. I was completely stunned. I didn’t know what to do or say.

It’s true that I had feelings for him but

I didn’t know if he felt the same way.

I wasn’t planning to confess because I well, was afraid of rejection.

If Sehun did reject me, we weren’t going to go back to how we used to be as friends.

I didn’t want to lose him.

He pressed his lips onto mine again.

 

Was this a sign? A sign that he loved me?

I looked away for a little.

“Sehun I.”

I couldn’t talk.

“I- I’m sorry. You don’t feel the same way do you?” Sehun suddenly asked, almost whispering.

He feels the same way?

“Sehun, do you love me?” Sehun suddenly stared at me, his eyes sparking and wet.

 

He answered, not by words but by another sweet kiss.♥

That was his answer.

I cupped his face, then put my lips on his. After the kiss, Sehun looked at me, shocked.

“Do you love me?” He asked.

And I did the same.

 

 

I answered, not by words but by another sweet kiss.♥

 

 

 

“The music box is very important to both of us. Without the music box, I wouldn't have met Sehun that night. That music box was there on that fateful night.

Sehun and I did end up being together, as in a couple.

Hopefully, things will be the same,

Forever ♥”

I put the pencil down and snuggled with Sehun on the bed, the music box playing it’s song.

We replaced that bear, and put two beards instead.

The music box played it’s song as both of us fell asleep.

 

 

 

Author's note~♫

Hunhan one shot finished~

Although I feel like it's rushed :(

Comments are loved ~

Alice~ off! ~