Final

[Oneshot] Hamster Gyu

 

 

~~~~~o0o~~~~~

 

It was not his first intention. Woohyun did not expect his chemical test would succeed. It was just a random chemical formula, just a random crazy idea of injecting his new invention into his hamster. He did not know that he would succeed. And now he had to deal with a boy lying next to him on his bed.

 

...

 

Sunggyu or Gyugyu, that was what Woohyun called his hamster after he became a boy, a cute little boy. His hair was red like the color of the original hamster’s mop. His eyes were brow. Puffy cheeks. Beautiful lips. Still his round face looked like a hamster even though he had become a boy. This boy was almost flawless except for one little thing: he couldn’t talk.

 

......

 

There were so many things Woohyun loved about his Gyugyu.

 

1.      Gyugyu was his pet. Of course he loved him.

 

2.      His Gyugyu might be the cutest boy ever in the world. He had a body of mature young man but a character of a 5 year old boy. He liked cartoon, comic book, ice cream, milk, only eating peanut and hate meat. But he was the most obedient kid in the world since he ate everything Woohyun told him to eat without answering back.

 

3.      His Gyugyu liked pouting. Although Gyugyu was always obedient to Woohyun, sometimes he still used his cuteness as an advantage to win over Woohyun. For example, when Woohyun scolded him because of making water on the carpet (a bad habit of hamster that his Gyugyu couldn’t get rid of), Gyugyu just pouted then looked at him with guilty eyes as if he tried to say that he did not do it on purpose. And Woohyun could do nothing but forgive his baby pet and clean up the mess by his own.

 

4.      His Gyugyu liked nibbling. He nibbled on everything in Woohyun’s house, mostly his book and paper, tissue...  anything that was soft and could be nibbled and sometimes it pissed Woohyun off because the thing that “soft and could be nibbled” here included Woohyun’s cheek.  It was also one among a few habits of hamster that his Gyugyu couldn’t get rid of. Once he tried to run on Woohyun’s jogging-machine as he used to do when he was still a hamster with the Hamster Wheel in his cage. But it ended up with Gyugyu tripping and hitting his head hard on the chair behind since he did not get used to Woohyun’s speed. He burst out to tears like a child and Woohyun had to spend all day comforting his baby boy.

 

5.      His Gyugyu liked being half-. Yeah HALF-. For some reasons, his Gyugyu didn’t like wearing pants. So he just kept roaming around the house without pants on. And it suffered Woohyun a lot. He had to try everything to keep his inner monster inside, not to jump at his precious Gyugyu and do something unpleasant to him right then and there. But it seemed Gyugyu never knew what he had done, so he kept that habit from day to day, showing his milky thighs and cute cheeks to Woohyun. And it would be weird for Woohyun if one day he saw his Gyugyu with pants on....

 

That was just 5 among a thousand things that Woohyun loved about his Gyugyu. And he knew that there were a lot of things that Sunggyu loved about him. He just couldn’t say it out loud as Woohyun.

 

...

 

Woohyun had spent so many times teaching Gyugyu talking but he just couldn’t. His Gyugyu didn’t want to learn and it bothered him a lot.

 

...

 

Gyugyu always wanted to go out. He was kind of bored with staying at home all day. And Woohyun thought letting him outside might be good for him. So he decided to take Sunggyu out, of course with pants on.

 

...

 

The first time hanging out, Sunggyu couldn’t hide his excitement and curiosity. He kept touching and staring at everything. He kept smiling brightly as Woohyun rubbed his bang and explained to him what it was. Sunggyu could understand everything Woohyun told him, he just couldn’t talk.

 

When Woohyun showed him the hill behind their house, Sunggyu couldn’t help himself anymore. He jumped excitedly like a child, spreading his hands widely, taking in the feeling of wind blowing on his skin. A word slipped out from his pretty lips:

 

_B... Be..au..Beauti..ful!

 

And that was the moment Woohyun realized it was not because of Sunggyu, it was because of him. Sunggyu could talk, he just need a perfect environment. Keeping him inside a cage and teaching him like a human was not an ideal way of helping him to talk. This place might be all Sunggyu needed. And maybe, Woohyun just thought, maybe it was time to let Sunggyu leave.

 

While the boy was still enjoying his freedom, Woohyun silently turn around and came home alone. A tear drop rolled down on his cheek.

 

...

 

Woohyun curled up on the sofa, flipped through the channels then let out a sigh. It was already dark and it was heavily raining out there. He suddenly thought of his Gyugyu. It was quarter part of a day and he already missed his little hamster so much. Was he okay out there?

 

Woohyun suddenly heard some kind of scratching sound on his front door. He hesitantly stood up, took a baseball stick with him as a weapon and slowly opened the door. He was so surprised that he found his Gyugyu curled up into a ball in front of his door, totally wet and dirty. He even got some cut on his cloth and his cheek which indicated that he had ran through the forest straight forwards here. Woohyun couldn’t help but squeeze the small boy in his arms and kiss him intensively on the head and cheeks. The boy burst out into tears loudly which hurt Woohyun so damn much. Although he didn’t say it out loud, Woohyun knew that his Gyugyu was absolutely mad at him.

 

_I’m sorry Gyugyu ah~. – He couldn’t hold back his tears anymore and just let it fall on his cheek. – It was not that I didn’t need Gyugyu. I just thought that nature might be the best environment for you. I miss so much. I’m sorry, so sorry Gyugyu ah~!!!

 

He hugged the boy tightly in his firm hold since he was afraid that if he let go, Sunggyu would disappear. But Sunggyu suddenly spoke out, difficultly but firmly, while sobbing which incredibly surprised Woohyun:

 

_Gyugyu... needs Woo...hyun! Gyugyu... wants...to l..live... with Woohyun! GYUGYU LOVE WOOHYUN!!!

 

The last sentence, Woohyun could hear it so clearly. That was what he told his Sunggyu everyday. And he was so happy to dead when he heard those words slipping out from Sunggyu’s pretty lips.  He couldn’t hide his happiness anymore. Woohyun gently grabbed on Sunggyu’s chin, brought their lips together to a sweet kiss.

 

That was the moment Woohyun realized that, he was wrong again. It was not for the perfect environment that could help Sunggyu to talk, it was the happiness that Woohyun brought to him made Sunggyu become flawless.

 

 

~~~~~o0o~~~~~

 

 

 

 

Thank you for your subscribing! *deeply bow*. Love you all :3 :3 :3

Please let me know what you think about my story :)

I'm appreciated comments and feedback a lot!!!