Chances are slim but I don't care

When Your Crush Becomes Your Best Friends Boyfriend

Hey guys, I know i said this is gonna be a oneshot but there may be two chapters or more for this depending on how long I'll make this


I would have never thought this would ever happen to me. I've seen it happen in dramas and manhwas but who would have thought an ordinary tomboyish girl like me would ever take part in a love triangle. A love triangle between me, my best friend, and a guy who's 3 years older than me...interested right? Well where should I begin? Oh I know the day I met him...

It was like any other morning. Wake up, take a shower, get my stuff together, eat breakfast, and waiting for my best friend to get here. After finishing my bowl of cereal, I got up and walked over to the sink. I stared at the pile of dirty dishes and sighed. As usual, I'm the one who had to clean up after my roommates mess. I put on my pink dish washing gloves and begun to scrub the dishes. I suddenly heard a knock at the door.

"It's open!" I yelled continuing to wash the dishes. I looked over my shoulder to see who was at the door, it was my ultimate best friend Jung Yonghwa. I immediately ran to give him a hug, still wearing my soapy gloves. He backed up and quickly placed his hand on my face, emphasizing for me to stop.

"Let's hug after you take off your gloves" Yonghwa said chuckling.

This is Yonghwa my awesome best guy friend. We've been together since we were kids. We have always gone to the same school. Well until, I had to move. We ended up going to different universities until today.

"Ah right. So what brings you here" I asked taking off my dishwashing gloves.

"What? I can't see my number 1 girl to her classes on her first day at a new school?" Yonghwa pouted.

"Mianhe, and dude you shouldn't call me your number 1 girl here. I know this is my first day here but I'm pretty sure all the girls in this school are in love with you. Do you think we're gonna get any classes together this year?" I asked putting the now clean dishes away.

"Maybe. Don't worry, you just transferred here so your new teachers will go a little easy on you and on the bright side I'll always be there to help you if you transfer into any of my classes" Yonghwa said sitting down at one of the kitchen stools.

"Yah, what about Hyo Rin? She transferred here with me too" I said moving from the kitchen to the living room to grab my backpack.

"Psh, she'll be fine. Speaking of Hyo Rin, where is she? Didn't you two assign like a chore chart thingy yesterday while you were moving in or something?"

"Yea we did and we also ate a lot of dinner so that's why we had so many dirty dishes already. I told her to do the dishes but she said she was tired so I let her go to sleep and that she can do the dishes in the morning, but I guess she didn't do them. Oh and she left for her classes already"

"How?!" Yonghwa yelled standing up.

"I don't know, she said yesterday that she got her schedule already, somehow" I said putting my backpack on. We both walked out the door and I locked it. Yonghwa held his arm out, like he wanted me to hold onto it.

"Shall we go my princess?" Yonghwa said jokingly.

"Psh idiot" I said lightly punching his arm. Soon we both started laughing.

*At school*

As we walked up the stairs to the principals office to get my class schedule, we talked about what we've been doing for the past couple years and we reminisced in some of the memories of our crazy high school days.

"Hey remember that time when we poured water on Chang Su?" Yonghwa said

"Of course I do that was the best day of my life!" I laughed when suddenly a hand landed on my shoulder. I gasped and almost tripped.

"Haha, scared you didn't I?" Speak of the devil...

"Yah, not funny" I said pouting and Chang Su stuck his tongue out at me.

This is my mortal enemy, Kim Chang Su. He is soo annoying sometimes. I don't know why he's my friend, he just is.

"So what you guy's up to?" he asked as we continued to walk up the stairs.

"As if you don't know, I just transferred here so I'm going to the principals office to get my class schedule"

"Psh, this isn't high school _____-ah. You get to pick your classes and what time to attend them" Chang Su said.

"I know! I just need a reminder of my classes..." I said quietly. Both Chang Su and Yonghwa laughed at me. We continued on our way to the principals office to get my list of classes, me and Chang Su arguing about the most stupidest if topics. It was a miracle that we actually got to the office before I sliced Chang Su in half.

"Well, I'm going to class. See you losers" Chang Su said before leaving.

"Good riddance..." I whispered and Yonghwa chuckled.

"Well, I better go too. See you at lunch okay?" Yonghwa said and I nodded. We waved goodbye and I went into the office and grabbed my class list. I went outside and sat at one of the benches. I looked over the list of classes I signed up for.

Japanese Language 9:05-10:15 Rm205

Home Economics 10:30-11-25 Rm317

Study Hall 11:35-12:20 Library

Lunch

Astrology 1:00-1:45 Rm211

World History and Culture 1:50-2:25 Rm220

Design and Fashion 2:35-3:15 Rm416

I looked at my watch to check the time and I saw it was 8:50. I still had another 15 minutes so I explored the school a little and found out where all my classes were. When it was 9 I quickly made it to my first class and guess who I saw. Yep, Chang Su and with that look on his face, he didn't look quite happy to see me either. I sighed and sat next to him since he was the only person I knew.

"Why the heck did you follow me to my class, stalker" he said and I glared at him.

"I didn't follow you, this happened to be my first class" I scoffed. Me and Chang Su continued to argue. Honestly, I forgot what we argued about. Something about cats. Me and Chang Su became silent when the teacher walked through the door. The teacher saw she had a new student and told me to stand up and introduced myself. I did but I sounded really nervous because Chang Su kept bothering me and saying 'don't mess up' over and over again in a really loud whisper. I could barely pay attention in class because of that idiot of a friend Chang Su.

"Okay, for the rest of the class period, I want everybody to get into pairs of two and study your vocabulary" the teacher, Ms.Kim, said bore walking back to her desk. I looked over towards Chang Su but I he wasn't there. I looked across the room and saw Chang Su already paired up with someone. I scoffed and decided to look over my notes I took today.

"Hey, do you want to be my partner?" I looked up and saw the cutest guy I've ever seen! Like seriously I was mind blowned at how cute he was.

"Umm okay" I said stuttering. The cute guy took a chair next to me and sat down.

"I'm Lee Hyukjae but people call me Eunhyuk" Hyukjae said smiling opening up his notebook.

"I think I'll just call you Hyukjae" I said and Hyukjae pouted.

"Waeyo!"

"I think it's cute when your annoyed" I said giggling and Hyukjae blushed a little but he soon laughed along with me. We spend most of the time laughing instead of studying. Well, me mostly laughing at his Japanese. When we weren't laughing Hyukjae helped me catch up on what we had learned so far. I also helped him with his Japanese as well.

When it was time to go, he told me all his classes. I realized this was the only class I had with him. We waved goodbye and I felt somewhat lonely when I went to Home Ec and Study Hall. That's when I realized I had a crush on Hyukjae. It explained why I was blushing every time I thought of him too. 

When it was lunch time, I immediately got a text from Yonghwa.

_____ let's eat lunch together! Everyone is really excited to see you again!

I read the text and laughed a little. I remembered how much fun I had at lunch back in high school. I wonder how much everybody has changed. So, I texted back saying sure.

-Okay we're eating outside today. So you know that big courtyard behind the school?

-The one with the big maple tree?

-Yeah that's the one! Meet us there!

I placed my phone back in my pocket and I quickly dashed towards the nearest exit. Along the way I saw one of my closest friended, also my roommate, Hyo Rin.

"Hyo Rin!" I shouted and she turned around.

"Oh hey ____" she said and smiled.

This girl is Hyo Rin. She is one of my closest friends. Her personality is nice, it's just that her actions aren't very good. I don't know how to put it. Yonghwa uses the word ty to describe her but we both know that she's a good friend.

"Soo, are you gonna have lunch with Yonghwa and the others?" I asked as we walked down the stairs towards one of the doors that lead to the courtyard.

"Yea, I was just about to go"

"Oh! You know I have that idiot Chang Su in my first class!" I said frustrated.

"You chose Japanese Lang. as your first class right?"

"Yeah, and you know what there's this guy that helped me catch up with the class. He was soo cute! I think I have a crush on him" I said enthusiastically.

"Well, I hope things work out for you two!" Hyo Rin said as we walked outside the door and into the courtyard. We walked to the very end of the courtyard and I saw Yonghwa, I was really excited to see everyone. It has been a very long time since I last seen everybody. When me and Hyo Rin got there I only saw three of my other friends, not including Yonghwa. Only Min Ah, Yung Hee, and Chang Su were there.

"Where is everybody?" I asked confused.

"Yah, aren't you happy to see us?" Yung Hee said pouting and Min Ah nodded.

This is Yung Hee and Min Ah there pretty good friends of mine, well not as close as I want to be, but oh well. Oh and if you don't know Yung Hee is Yonghwa's twin. I don't really know what that has to do with anything but just a fun fact.

"Of course I'm happy to see you two. It's just I was expecting more people" I said sitting down on grass.

"Oh about that, everyone else couldn't come. They were either busy or their lunch time hasn't started yet" Yonghwa said drinking a small carton of milk. At first I was sad not everybody could make it but I was happy that at least some of my friends came. During my lunch period I found out me and Min Ah had the same astrology class!

By the end of the day I realized that I didn't have many people I knew in my most of my classes but it was fun experiencing falling in love again. Yonghwa walked me home today, it's been soo long since we last walked home together it was nice. It was a shame Hyo Rin went to a party tonight.

"I still can't believe that it's Hyo Rin's first day and she is already invited to a party!" Yonghwa said as we walked into the dorms.

"Who can blame her? Anyways as my best friend I feel I should let you know this..." I said as I stopped walking and Yonghwa gasped.

"Your not in love with me are you?" I punched his arm and laughed.

"Dude no, that's too awkward for me. Anyways, there's this guy I met in my Jap. class and I instantly fell in love with him!" I said and I blushed madly.

"What?! No way?!" Yonghwa shouted.

"Omg, I don't know what to do?! Should I confess or should I wait?" I asked.

"Okay one, get to know him a bit more and him, you. Two, no don't confess wait a little longer. And three...CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!" Yonghwa screamed and we both began to jump up and down. Once we got to my dorm we waved each other goodbye and I went inside.

I quickly went inside my room, which is also Hyo Rin's, and literally flew onto my bed. I dropped my backpack on the floor and layed on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. Luckily I finished all my homework during class, so I decided to take a little nap thinking what tomorrow might bring.

*Next day*

Yonghwa and me walked to school like we normally did. Well, not normally. I was blushing the whole time because we were talking about Hyukjae. When we got to my class, Yonghwa whispered something to me.

"Dude, invite this Hyukjae guy to lunch" and I immediately started blushing.

"Okay, okay I will. Can you please go now?" I asked pushing him a little. It took a couple minutes but I finally got him to leave.

"Remember! We'll be eating outside again!" Yonghwa yelled as he left. I sighed and sat where I will now call my usual spot, next to Chang Su and in front of Hyukjae. The whole time I couldn't even look at Hyukjae, even though I sat in front of him, I felt soo embarressed! I was so relieved when class ended but I got even more nervous since Yonghwa wanted me to ask him to have lunch with us. Okay I can do this, here it goes.

"Soo, Hyukjae" I started.

"What?"

"Umm do you want to eat lunch with me and my friends?" I asked.

"Hmm, I'm not sure if I can make it but can I see your phone for a sec?" I looked at him confused but I decided to give him my phone anyway. He looked at my phone and what looks like he texted somebody. Suddenly I heard his phone ring. Hyukjae gave me back my phone and he checked his.

"Now I have your number, I'll text you later if I can make it" Hyukjae said and I smiled. The whole time in my other classes I was so excited for lunch!

When it was finally lunch time I immediately sprinted towards the courtyard. When I saw everyone there I immediately told them what happened with Hyukjae. Everyone was really happy for me, well not everybody. Chang Su was being an idiot like usually and making fun of me. In the middle of my screaming in happiness, Hyukjae texted me saying he could only come by for a couple minutes. I almost threw my phone in the air, well not before I texted him where we were. It only took about ten minutes before Hyukjae got here. I never realized until then that Hyukjae was a lot more like my friends then I thought. Chang Su suddenly sat between me and Hyukjae while we were talking.

"Soo when's the wedding?" and I blushed like crazy. Yonghwa immediately dragged Chang Su away. When Hyukjae left, everyone immediately told me we looked cute together well everyone but Hyo Rin. I noticed she didn't look all that happy more like bored but I just shrugged it off.

While I was walking to the dorm I thought I was the happiest girl in the world. My crush likes my friends, my friends like my crush. All that's left is to become his girlfriend. I started to blush at the thought of becoming Hyukjae's girlfriend. I was spazzing out. I really do hope to be his girlfriend soon...


Well that is one long chapter. I'll probably finish this in the next chapter sooo yeah, until next time ^^