Dream 1: Like A Man

[Banjun Theater - Infinite Style] Dream 1: Like A Man

 

Dream 1: Like A Man

Date: Feburary 14th, 2008

Time: 8:00 pm

Settings: Outside of Dragon Hill spa @ Seoul City

Season: Winter...lots of snow

 
 
 
A tall man, with short perfectly coiffed black hair, was standing outside the new spa with a worried look on his face. “Aish…what’s taking him so long? He’s already 30 minutes late…” said the impatient man as he sat on the window railing in front of one of the cafes located at Dragon Hill spa. He looks around impatiently.
 
{Aish, doesn’t he know that without him by my side, I am a weak person with so many fears? I bet he will come up to my saying: Hyung…Mianhaeyo…I forgot the time. Or …}
 
“Yah! Where were you hyung?” said a fairly shorter man with thick luscious lips and short feathered black hair. The older man fell off the railing and into the bushes. “Ow….” Said the older man as the younger man helped him out of the bushes. “I should have left you there…you deserve it…jerk…” “EH?” said older man startled and in dismay.
 
{WHAT? Why is he so upset? I’ve been sitting here for 40 mins now. Waiting for his late …}
 
“Mwoyah?” the man responded sarcastically to the younger. “Yah! Don’t give me that mwoyah crap. Okay…I’ve been inside waiting for you…for an hour.” The younger man yelled while stomping his feet while placing his hands on his hips. “But I’ve been out here waiting for you…for an hour…why did you go inside?” “Because it’s snowing outside…” the younger man saw how hurt his hyung was for him yelling at him.
“Sung Jong ah~ I’m sorry…” the older one finally said breaking the awkward silence they had a few minutes ago. “Hmm... no it’s my fault Myung Soo. I should have texted you. I can’t believe you waited all this time, outside in the snow, just for our one year anniversary. Aren’t you a sweet heart,” said Sung Jong with his typical adorkable aegyo. Myung Soo looked pleased as Sung Jong patted him on his head. A lot of people started taking notice of the two men outside the spa. “Isn’t that Myung Soo?” said a random street walker. “Yeah…whoa…what is he doing with Sung Jong?” said another. The crowd around them grew bigger and gossipier (btw…that’s not a real word…)
 
“Oh my gosh…you don’t think they are…”
“Uhhh…Happy Birthday Myung Soo,” shouted Sung Jong, who was trying to avoid the press from finding out about their relationship. Myung Soo was blatantly upset and went inside the spa.
 
{Mwoyah…what is Myung Soo’s problem?}
 
When Myung Soo left, the crowd disappeared and Sung Jong ran after him.
“Hey! Wait up! What is your problem?” said Sung Jong as he caught up with Myung Soo. “Why…must you deny me…deny our love…when we’re in public…” said Myung Soo, who was deeply wounded by the incident. “Aish...not this again…I told you…” Myung Soo walked into the changing room in the men’s section of the spa resort. “Hyung…don’t be like this…okay. It’s our anniversary.” “Yay…our 1st anniversary…hmm it’s been a full year of you denying me in public…that’s awesome. Let’s make a party and say it’s my birthday again. Or…maybe we can invite Dong Woo and let him be my cross dressing stripper in a birthday cake. Sounds nice…doesn’t it?” said Myung Soo as he was taking off his clothes and throwing them in the locker. “Hyung…don’t be like this…” said Sung Jong with aegyo. Soon he realized that his aegyo was not working this time.
 
{Hm…if my aegyo won’t change his mind...I know what else will}
 
“My Myu Myu…”said Sung Jong as he stretched out on the bench topless and partially pants less. “Is he mad…at Baby Jongie”  he continued. Myung Soo stares at Sung Jong and blushed.
 
{Ha…this fool lost his mind…}
 
“Yah...stop it…” Myung Soo quickly replied. “Will Myu Myu stop pouting…?” “Yes…just stop…” Myung Soo said as he heard a crowd of men coming into the room. He quickly threw his shirt at Sung Jong. Sung Jong giggled. Myung Soo smiled and they finished changing their clothes.
 
 
“Wah…a brand new sauna!!!”  yelled Sung Jong out loud and everyone stared at him. While they were being stared at, they were starring at the people in the spa.
 
{Why are there only foreigners here….}
 
“Uhh… sorry about that…He’s kinda…special…” said Myung Soo in English. The people laughed as he pushed Sung Jong into the massaging room. “Eh…hyung…what did you say? People started laughing.” “I said you were special…” “Eh? Hyung…now they are going to think I’m retarded!” whined Sung Jong. “But…you’re my special heart…” said Myung Soo greasily. “Eh...what a corny saying…don’t say that ever again…” said Sung Jong with a slight grin of satisfaction. “Ha…it seems you like my cheesy lines,” teased Myung Soo.  “Shut up…hyung.” “Eh…you shouldn’t talk to your hung like that.” “Hmph…why do you keep teasing me…and why is your hair slick back…what are you…a mafia man?” “What’s wrong with my hair? The stylist noona gave me this hair stlye…” Sung Jong chuckled. “I think she needs to go back to school.”
 
Sung Jong stood up and fixed Myung Soo’s hair. “I like your hair like this…” Myung Soo stared at his dongsaeng with a cute look. Sung Jong blushed. “Eh…don’t give me that …creepy look.” “Creepy…hmm…okay…how about this…is that better?” Myung Soo gave him the y look. Sung Jong blushed. Myung Soo laughed at him. Sung Jong gave him the evil eye. They continued to tease each other and enjoy each other’s company.
“Ohhh…Myung Soo ah….” said Sung jong. “Yah…don’t say my name while you’re getting a massage…” Myung Soo complained. “Ha…you’re just jealous cuz its not you causing…” Myung Soo threw a pillow at Sung Jong to keep him from talking.
 
{That damn kid…always so lustful…} {Ha...hyung…your aren’t you…you big in the closet prev.}
 
 
---Gun Fire---

 

“Eh?” “Mwoyah?” said the massaging startled ladies. The gun fire drew closer. People were screaming to the top of their lungs. The door suddenly burst open. The ladies scream as the gun men burst through the door.  One of the gunmen was a foreigner from France. “Boss, what do we do with the witnesses…?” “Kill them…” replied the boss. “But...Boss…” An Asian man with black hair feathered towards his face, wearing a black hockey mask, waltz into the room and started shooting everyone in the room. He aimed at Sung Jong and Myung Soo screamed his lover’s name and dashed in front of the bullets protecting his lover from death. Everything was quite. “Everything… okay…” said the Asian man to the French man. “Boss…Azure…finished the job” said the French guy who radioed in to the boss. “Excellent. Now get out before the cops come.” The gun men ran out of the room.
 
 
“Sung Jong ah~” Myung Soo weakly said.
“Hyung…”said Sung Jong as he stares at his hyung.
“Blood…” Sung Jong cried out.
“HYUNG YOUR BLEEDING!” Sung Jong screamed in hysteria.
Myung Soo smiled and hug Sung Jong for the last time. Song Jong cried and called the cops. The ambulance came and Myung Soo was rushed to the hospital.
“Too much bleeding!” yelled Sung Gyu, the Doctor, as they rushed him to the emergency room.
The female nurse told Sung Jong to stay in the waiting room with officers, who are waiting to question him. After the questioning, Sung Jong sat emotionless. {Until now hyung…I haven’t realized that…that...I loved and needed you with me so much…before you left me that is…}
 
 
----------------3 years later--------------

 

{Why…do tears keep falling down…}
 
“What’s wrong?” said an Asian guy with light and curly orange hair.
“Nothing is wrong, Woo Hyun…What…what is today?” said Sung Jong.
“It’s February 14th? Why?” asked Woohyun nervously.
“Hmm…it’s been 3 years since he died…hasn’t it…” said Sung Jong while staring out the window.
Woohyun did not answer. Sung Jong began to tear up. “It’s valentine’s day! You’re supposed to be happy. Stop thinking about the past,” complained Woohyun.
 
{Easy for you to say…the man who murdered my lover still hasn’t been found}
 
“You’re right…I need to be happy and making you a chocolate fudge cake,” said Sung Jong.
“Uh…Jongie…I’m allergic to chocolate…remember?” said Woo Hyun.
“Oh…I meant Vanilla” said Sung Jong with a fake smile as he hurried to the downstairs lobby in their new apartment. 
 
{I forgot…chocolate is Myung Soo’s favorite…Hyung… Although I love you everyday…Although I miss you…Even if I try to stop my feelings….Endless tears will spill out…just mentioning your name…. This, for the first time, I'm so unlike a man…}
 
 

Feb. 10th, 2011: 4 days before the 14th

“Doctor! Doctor Sung Gyu…!” said a nurse.
“Yes, nurse Dong Woo?”
“You know the patient in Room 3…”
“Yes the coma patient…we must take him off the machine today. Boy oh boy…Won’t Sung Jong be upset…hmm…I remember like it was yesterday…the day Myung Soo accepted Sung Jong feelings…and now…” Sung Gyu was about to cry.
“I know…I know…but I don’t think you have to take him off the machine anymore,” said Dong Woo.
“What do you mean?” “His heartbeat is picking up speed.” “What?” said Sung Gyu as he ran to Room 3.
“Where’s the patient?.... Where’s Myung Soo?”
 
The nurse and the doctor searched all over the hospital for him to find out at the end of the lunch break that the patient did a self check out.
“YOU LET A PERSON, WHO WAS IN A COMA, FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS… CHECK HIMSELF OUT???!!” yelled Doctor Sung Gyu.
“Doctor…please calm down. Let me handle this,” said Dong Woo kindly.
The doctor sighed and headed to his office. {The is wrong with these people…}
“Yah! You…what school did you come from so we can never accept people that are stupid as you…do you realize what you did?” Dong Woo said firmly to the female nurse attendant.
 

-----In the office-----

“Aish…I needed to talk to Myung Soo before he left…”
“About what?” said Myung Soo hiding in the corner of Sung Gyu’s office.
“Ah…” screamed Sung Gyu as he placed his hands over his heart trying to calm himself down.
“Aish…you’re already turning back to normal…why can’t you be less mysterious…always scaring the mess out of me…”Sung Gyu continued after getting his breathing under control.
“Sorry hyung,” said Myung Soo sheepishly.
 
Few minutes passed.
 
“So…hyung…you need to talk to me…”
“It’s about…Sung Jong…”
“Is he injured? Dead?”
“No…but he…thought you were…and he…”
“OMG! Don’t tell me he committed suicide…?”
“No…he…moved on…to…another guy…”
Myung Soo was dumbfounded. {The …are you serious…}
“They…are…getting married soon…in France…”
“France…?”
“Yeah…Sung Jong is going to meet the family on the 15th of February….”
“France?”
“Yeah…I know this is hard on you…but…I…think its best…if you moved on as well…”
Myung Soo stared at Sung Gyu with disbelief.
“Hyung…I did not struggle to wake up …. To hear this…”
“Myung Soo…”
“Where is he?”
“Myung Soo…”
“Got dammit where the is he?” said Myung Soo at the top of his lungs.
Sung Gyu did not say a word and Myung Soo ran out of the hospital.
“Myung Soo ah~~!” yelled Sung Gyu to prevent him from leaving but in the end it was of no use because Myung Soo disappeared from his sight. 
 
Sung Gyu banged his fist on his desk and Nurse Dong Woo rushed in.
“What’s wrong?”
“Myung Soo…I told him…”
Dong Woo stared at Sung Gyu in disbelief and then he looked to the ground with grief.
 
{Was that the right thing to do? Aish…Mwollah…}
 
Myung soo went back to their old apartment. He went in and noticed everything covered in dust. The reality of the fact that Sung Jong actually left him, finally set in his mind and heart as he looked around  at all of his stuff that was still in the apartment. It was only his stuff. Myung Soo was frustrated and threw a glass cup he used to use when Sung Jong poured him drinks at the mirror.
 
My heart is as cold as ice …it feels like pins have been stabbed into my heart…..to realize that in the end, this love, that we shared for a year, was worthless in the face of separation.}
 

Back to the present date of 2011, Feb. 14th

“Sung Jong lives with this new guy from France…his name is Woohyun…they live at 445 Gamnam Place…” said a boyish voice on the phone.
“Ah…hyung…before you go…you need to know…that Woohyun’s family background is really scketchy…and they have body guards all over the place. Watch your back.”
“Thanks Sung Yeol. Wait…one more question…Does Woo Hyun have… a tattoo…?”
“Yeah…When Sung Jong introduce me to him last year…he had a tattoo of a bird...I forgot…what he said it was…”
“Azure….” Myung Soo mumbled while remembering the past.
“Yeah Mésange azure…how did you know?”
“….I think….”
“….You think this is a set up? And that he killed you on purpose?”
“Yeah…how did”
“Yeah I thought he was fishy too…out of nowhere…I’m le French boy…and I’m going to date Sung Jong…weird thing is…they met later that day…he was saying how he went to school with Sung Jong while he did study abroad in France. And stuff.”
Myung Soo was pissed off.
“Thanks man…I will call you later.”
“Okay…and this time…don’t get shot…”
“Aww you missed me?”
“No...Not at all.”
Myung Soo laughed and hanged up.

 

Outside Sung Jong’s house

Myung Soo sees Sung Jong walking into the kitchen. He watches him put on his pink apron…the one that Myung Soo brought him for his birthday.

{Why did you want me so badly in the first place? You left me just like that for… Why did you live inside of me? The more I watch you, the more I hate you}

 Myung Soo cried because the memories of their past love came back to his remembrance as he watched Sung Jong happily prepared a cake for Valentine’s Day. As soon as Myung Soo got himself together, he rushed into the glass house and seized Sung Jong’s arm. Sung Jong stared with his eyes open wide staring at Myung Soo. 

 

-----clap---clap---clap---

 
“Well done…Myung Soo…I’ve heard you’ve been snooping around lately…I guess you’re healthy…” said Woohyun as he walked down the stairs cooly.
“Woo…Hyun…you…lied to me…” stuttered Sung Jong.
Myung soo looked at Sung Jong then he immediately knew what was going on. {This fool tried to get rid of me to get to Sung Jong…}
“Oh! That brain is finally working…I see…” said Woo Hyun twistedly.
“Hyung…what’s going on…” said Sung Jong confused.
“EH? Already…you’ve forgotten about me…wow…you move on quickly...” said Woo Hyun.
“I know…” said Myung Soo while giving the evil eye to Sung Jong. Sung Jong looked away and Myung Soo’s gaze returned to meet Woo Hyun’s eyes.
 
“But He is mine and you can’t do anything about that,” continued Myung Soo.
 
{ I can't forget you, even if you forget me }
 
Woohyun laughed.
“Yah…you don’t get it do you….Sung Jong…how long did you waited before you dated me…oh yeah…I remember…it was when you found out the results of Myung Soo’s medical examination…that you tossed him…”
“Shut up Woo Hyun…!” yelled sung jong.
“No… I won’t…you tossed him away like trash didn’t you?”
“What …is he talking about Sung Jong…” said Myung Soo while looking at Sung Jong tearing up.
“I…couldn’t bare…it…so….”
 “It doesn’t matter…I’m here now Sung Jong ah…I will love you…even if you don’t love me anymore…” said Myung Soo.
“oh really…Well..it’s too bad…we are getting married tomorrow…and there’s nothing you can say about it.”
“Oh really?” said Myung Soo.
“Yes…really…” said Woo Hyun as he pulled out a gun.
“Sung Jong loves me now…I’ve waited too long for this moment…for you to mess it up now…” said Woo Hyun.
“I loved him like no one else did…and then you…you come out of nowhere with your stupid dog….aish!” Woohyun screamed and pointed a gun at Myung Soo. To his, Woo Hyun’s surprise an obstacle was in the way, his precious Sung Jong.
“Yah! Move out the way.”
“No!” yelled Sung Jong.
“Sung Jong…Move…” said Myung Soo from behind.
Sung Jong looked down and saw that Myung Soo too, was holding a gun. He backed away from Myung Soo.
“Myung Soo…I don’t want to lose you again….” {Because you're the most special thing to me even}
 
Myung Soo smiled and Woo Hyun grew furious and shot first.
All hell broke loose. Myung Soo pushed Sung Jong into the bathroom in order to protect him from this bloody battle. During the battle, each time they shot, they either missed or they hit each other. The battle went on for hours until finally Woo Hyun snapped. Myung Soo took advantage of it and shot him in the leg, paralyzing his whole left side of his body.
“Damn it….”
“You lose…” said Myung Soo as he put the gun to Woohyun’s head.
Sung Jong came out of the bathroom.
Myung soo pulled the trigger…and Woohyun died.
“Hyung…” said Sung Jong.
“Yeah…let’s go Sung Jong.”
“But Woo Hyun….”
Myung Soo walked away and Sung Jong timidly followed. Woohyun’s body was left behind and in his eyes a single tear formed then fell down his cheeks.
 
{Even if my life stops because of my waiting for you, my loving of you, and my wanting for you. I don't have any regrets living like this because I'm going to live as your man}
 
 

The END!

Did you like it? Leave a comment below ^______^