Onew's Proposal

Chicken, Self-Care Package, Credit Card, and Jonghyun

 

Siiiiiiing...... no, it’s not someone who’s singing. It’s a sound of emptiness. The current situation in Kara’s dorm living room sounds like that. No one have a dare to make a sound, even they can hear the sound of ‘tic toc’.

There are only three person in the living room, Gyuri, Seungyeon, and Onew. The Seungyeon and Onew couple sit across the Goddess in silent. Gyuri crosses her legs, sits on the couch like a queen and stares Onew also Seungyeon who doesn’t feel uncomfortable with this situation.

“So Onew-ssi, you want to take Seungyeon out?” ask Gyuri for the first time from the long silence.

The boy doesn’t seems to care for the situation, doesn’t hear Gyuri’s words clearly while his eyes keep staring at the whole room. Seungyeon steps on his feet.

“Ouch!”

“Onew-ssi?” Gyuri talks again, this time with annoyed look.

“Ah yes, nuna?” Onew stares at her who stares back with I-won’t-reply-my-question look. “Oh yes, nuna. I want to take Seungyeon nuna out.”

“You know the rules, don’t you?

“Yes nuna. I’ll take Seungyeon nuna to my home.” He gives his best grin.

Gyuri glares. “Your home?!”

“Ah... I mean  take her home... safely.”

Gyuri stares at him with hesitation, makes the leader of Shinee uncomfortable. “What did you bring here to take Seungyeon out?

Seungyeon turns her gaze to Gyuri. “We didn’t talk about this, Gyuri.”

“Just shut up, Seungyeon,” said Gyuri firmly. “Onew-ssi?”

“Um... I can sing,” replied Onew.

“So do I. Anything else?”

“I can joke.”

“Hara is funnier than you.”

Seungyeon steal a glance at him. Oh no! Onew’s talent are only singing and making joke. She can’t believe it if they can’t go to a date just because Onew can’t be funnier than Hara.

“Actually I’ve prepared this for you nuna.” Onew bends down and took something under the table. He put an oily box with the Shinee boys posing on it.

“A box of fried chicken?” asked Seungyeon.

“I delivered it special for Gyuri nuna. Fried chicken with extra chrispy and a little spicy. How is it? Nuna want take it?” Onew smiles widely, he was surely sure this want work.

Gyuri thinks for a while. She took a piece of the chicken and bite a little.

The enthusiastic Onew stares at her with a long gaze. “How is it nuna? I cut them by myself this morning!”

“Not bad at all.

“So? Can I take Seungyeon nuna out?”

“Ne... ne... go go!”