Will you kiss me on New Year's Eve?

Will you kiss me on New Year's Eve?

Taemin was driving his car towards the building of the company, driving quite fast for his being, pushing the gas pedal fully in while speeding over the ways in the middle of Seoul. He got an emergency call from someone in the company for a dance practice, which was quite late for him since he didn’t have a schedule in the first place. Somewhere the maknae was annoyed that they really had to call him. Why not Eunhyuk or Yunho? Or Sehun who doesn’t have such schedules he was having. For once he was back in Korea he had to work again. The young dancer slowed down his speed when he saw the bright lights of the building, which was totally themed in Christmas style, with a tree and a falling star on top of that. It should be a time of fun, peace and friendliness all over the place and how he wanted to have someone to love him right now. To sing with that special person, or to cuddle up on a couch, in a warm and cosy apartment. Maybe even going further to the point of making love. Irritated by his own thoughts he tapped furiously the top of the steering wheel, while he to the lane of the company.

“Ah! Come in, Mr. Lee,” the man bowed while he opened the gate especially for the young man who came so late.

Taemin drove his car to the nearest, free spot on the parking next to all the vans and Siwon’s Audi which was parked also there. Want will he be doing here? With a deep sigh he stopped the engine and climbed out of his vehicle, grabbing his phone and bag of dance clothes before closing the door and locking up the whole thing. With hanging shoulders he pushed open the door, stepping inside rather quickly since the cold was hunting him down.

“Taemin? What are you doing here?” One of the women behind the desk asked, surprised to see the boy suddenly appearing when they didn’t have any schedule.

“I got a call,” he mumbled before taking the stair up, to one of the dance rooms that was blasting music.

There were several others occupied by young trainees, seeking for a career in the music industry. How he remembered the times he was dancing there, alone for hours to get better then the rest so he would debut. When he reached the right door he lifted his fist to knock on the door, immediately the music that was playing stopped. The door swung open only a few moments later, revealing the short woman in front of him.

“Noona,” he said, hugging her for a moment before entering the dance room again with a smile on his face and still with the woman in his arms.

“Taemin-ah, I knew you would come so quickly. I could also ask Yunho but he was busy with preparations for the New Years Eve Gayo Daejun,” she sighed while her arms let go of the young man and ran back over to the stereo.

“And Eunhyuk?” he asked, placing the bag down on the wooden floor next to the door, squatting next to it to take out another shirt to dance in.

He had another pair of pants with him when it gets too sweaty.

“Oh they are busy… he didn’t told me what. I saw Siwon earlier walking around here so…” she said, looking up again while working on the stereo.

“Sehun?” he tried again, since he wasn’t really that pleased his free evening was fully gone.

“Comeback,” she replied and he nodded, since the boys finally had a comeback they had been working more again.

“So I could only think of my favourite dongsaeng, Taeminnie,” she laughed, while standing up walking over to the boy, to punch his arm in a playful manner.

That small touch brought a magic feeling in his stomach. He couldn’t admit that he was actually so in love with the elder singer.

“Boa-noona,” he smiled when she did that, but hinted in the other way he needed a moment to dress himself in another shirt.

She just stood there, rolling her eyes while turning around to stand ready for their couple dance in the middle of the song. Slowly Taemin slipped the shirt off his body, replacing it by a shirt that was only just ironed by Key, earning him a scolding for asking that. When he left the building he heard on the radio a song they don’t play that much.

‘Sky high, now hold my hand baby
To to to to to tonight I’m falling in love.’


A smile came onto his face and he stepped closer to the woman.

“But… Boa-noona… why do we have to practice? I know the song and dance…” the elderly woman turned around, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Taemin-ah. I’m going to maybe have a special stage… I want you to help me, because you are after all my favourite dance partner,” she stepped closer, making the younger’s heart flutter with those small movements.

Maybe she could read his expression, since she stopped.

“Is there something?” he instantly shook his head, standing in his position to start the dance, but during the part he has to lie on the ground, his heart started to race as he got nervous.

Accidentally he pulled her down instead of supporting her, making her fall on top of him.

“I’m so sorry!” he mumbled, but then he noticed they fell with their faces quite close to each other but Boa just started to laugh and rolled off him.

“Oh Taemin. You’re so cute. What’s troubling you that you make such an easy mistake?” she said, trying to sit up on the floor, looking at him, while he was still looking up at the ceiling.

Should he say it?

“I like you…” he muttered, pushing himself of the floor, shaking his head.

A soft smile was on her face, looking at him with tender eyes.

“I’m sorry… You seem tired and I interrupted you… We will continue another day?” she proposed still sitting on the ground while the man stood already up on his feet, stretching his arm out to also help her back on her feet.

“Maybe… We should,” he smiled also and for a last time Boa had her arms around the body that was becoming that of a man.

Without noticing Taemin slipped a small paper in her pocket, letting go of her.

“Call me when we meet tomorrow,” he whispered before turning around to take his bag and left the room.

He hoped she would notice the small paper. She did and with a confused look she took it out, unfolding it to see in a messy handwriting the sentence:

‘ Will you kiss me on New Years Eve? – Taemin.’

A smile came onto her face when she read again and again those words, laughing at the cuteness of the young man.