One-shot

While You Were Asleep

 

 

 

 

A smile appeared on her lips as she glanced at the sleeping girl in her arms. The light was dim, but she could still see the beautiful face of the girl. Their bodies were wrapped on sheets to protect themselves from the cold night as if the body heat was not enough to keep them from shivering under the strong wind. The sleeping girl frowned, snuggling her nose against her lover's chest, resulting in low giggles from the latter. However, she didn't budge from her sleep, since her current position was quite comfortable. The awaken girl's smile grew, turning in to a toothy grin as she tightened her embrace around the petite body, clearly demonstrating her fear of letting go.

 

 

"I love you so much." These words slipped through her parted lips, reaching the asleep girl's ears as a soft whisper. The latter smiled in her sleep, she probably was dreaming of something beautiful, delightful. Maybe playing by the beach's shore, or even laying on green grass as she stared at those soft looking clouds in the sky. Either way, her lover surely didn't want to disturb her peaceful sleep, on the contrary, she wanted her to sleep some more, just so she could watch that beautiful face up close. "I am so lucky to have you."

 

 

Her hand began to carefully caress the smooth skin on the girl's cheek, her eyes never forgetting to analize every inch of those pretty features in front of her. Was she an angel sent from heaven? Maybe. A fallen angel? Probably not, since that would make the petite girl evil. Fallen angels are devils, expelled from heaven by the own powerful God. It was something unimaginable to think that such an amazing girl could have such a filthy nature to result in being expelled from the most desired and peaceful place. That's one of the reasons why she put that option away, along with all the thoughts about her sleeping beauty's origins. She didn't want to know, she didn't need  to know. All that mattered at that moment was the girl's peaceful face and the slow rising of her chest, signs of her much beloved sleep. The awaken girl's finger slowly traced those pinkish lips, feeling it softness and unconsciously wiping some drool, which was threatening to trickle down to the girl's chin. She couldn't help but to giggle as she witnessed the girl's childlike side, which she was used to see everyday during their uneventful life. For sure, her maturity matched her physical size. Small body, young face, playful smile. All of that mixed along with a stunning body, sweet words, and a incredibly intelligent mind. The perfect match, right? Well, unlucky for some, the girl was totally whipped by none other than the smiling one who was now staring at the shiny ring on her sleeping lover's finger. The one and only object that served as a proof for the people's eyes, proof of their endless love for each other.

 

 

The girl's eyes gleamed with happiness as she reminisced the day when that ring came in between them. It was supposed to be just another calm day of shopping for some clothes, however, she didn't expect her feet to take her to a jewelry store, nor her gaze to linger on a certain expensive ring. Either way, there was nothing to regret now. She couldn't describe the feeling of joy that she felt when her lover carefully took the ring and put it on her finger, smiling with teary eyes right after. That was the day when they sealed their promise to stick with each other no matter what, to grow old together, and that was forever going to be printed in their hearts and minds. The girl didn't notice, but a tear fell from her eyes, landing on the sleeping girl's forehead. The latter frowned, squirming in her sleep as she felt something wet travel down her face. With a inaudible sigh, she slowly woke up from her slumber, wrapping her arms around her lover's neck as she snuggled closer, trying to feel the much needed presence by her side. A yawn, followed by one eye opening, then another. She looked at her lover's face, noticing some tears trailing down the beautiful face, who even so had a small smile on her lips. With a worried frown, she quickly wiped those tears away, afraid of the stains they could leave on the flawless face.

 

 

"Why are you crying?" She softly asked, her eyes boring in to those two who were staring right back at her. The other girl smiled, caressing the sleepy face with her fingertips as if she was touching the most valuable jewel existent on earth. Words weren't needed to explain how much she loved to stare at that face, to kiss those lips, to whisper on those ears. There was only one phrase that could demonstrate her love, yet it wasn't enough to explain the extension of that feeling.

 

 

"You are beautiful." She limited herself to reply, never forgetting to notice how the blush crept up her lover's cheeks. A low chuckle made it's way from to her parted lips, just to slowly dissipate in to the air, leaving only a love struck smile on the face of it's owner. A sigh, hands covering the reddened cheeks, the now awaken girl didn't want to show her shyness. The same phrase was now repeated in a form of a whisper in her ear as she felt a pair of hands taking hold of her own, freeing her face.

 

 

"Let's just go back to sleep." The girl said, faking a yawn as she resumed her position in her lover's arms. The latter giggled whilst nodding, she knew that other didn't want to show her reddened cheeks, so she carefully tightened her hold around the petite body, letting the girl rest her head on her chest. She loved that position since she could feel every inch of her lover's body pressed against hers as if they were two inside only one being, sharing one body. A happy sigh was heard as the sleepy girl smiled began to lull herself to sleep, never fogetting to pronounce that one phrase that could make the lovesick heart pound loudly against it's owner's chest. "I love you."

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Remind me to never again listen to a song while trying to sleep lol

Anyway... I don't know if this fic is confusing to some of you, blame it on me :) I was sleepy, i didn't even know what I was writing... And to be quite honest, as I was reading it, I wondered if I was the one who wrote it LOL It doesn't sound as my writing at all~~!!!!

So, you guys obviously noticed that I didn't put names in it :3 Well, why did I do it? You see, it's up to you who's the one sleeping and who's the one awaken :) But surely it is TaeNy  lol~~

So, as I was saying, I had this idea yesterday while listening to 'Queen of my heart' by Westlife.. The funny thing is, if you listen to the song and read this, it's completely different O.O Waeyo? :o

I wrote it based on the first verse of the song... lol

So yeah... Blame it on Westlife... Their songs make me have 1000 ideas for fics u.u'

The fic is quite short right? That's why I'm writing too much here... :3

Okay, I'll stop here lol

 

So yeah... Remember that english is not my first language and feel free to correct any of my mistakes \o/

Feel free to comment too lol ^^

 

Thaank you for taking your time reading it <3

Thank you so much :*