The Journey -

Saranghae, Saranghaeyo.

 

"I'm finally here. In Korea." I said, so happy that I could just fall to the floor and curl up into a ball and kiss the everything.

It had taken so long to get here. This was my life goal, to just be here. I clutched my pamphlet tighter, my palms already sweaty and my heart beating faster than a cheetah could run. It was just so amazing to be here.

 

-

 

Little did I know that that was the beginning of a whole new, impossible journey that should've come out of a drama.

 
-
 
I've been working for years to come to Korea, and here I am now. Whatever happens, I promised myself, that I would always be happy no matter what, simply because I came to Korea.
 
My family supported my decision, as long as I was able to handle it all.
 
I remember my flight to this wonderful city. The purchase of the ticket alone set my heart racing with anticipation, and the work for it was well worth it. I signed up for my Korean Visa, and I found fellow students on the flight there. It was slightly terrifying.
 
They all held the same interest in Korea that I did, however, I wasn't just going there for the music. I was going for the food. I was studying to be a chef or a barista. I just loved food and the little indie cafes that were successful inspired me to accomplish my goal of having a peaceful lifestyle.
 
 
-
 
 
That peace, however, was interupted in the most.. "oddest" of ways.
 
 
-
 
Anyways, I headed directly for my college. The campus was amazing and I still couldn't believe I was able to get into the top colleges of Korea. Seoul National.
 
My colleagues were extremely bright people, and their Korean flowed gorgeously. I was still in the learning stage, and I could read and understand it, it's just that, I never got the hang of speaking it.
 
I put in my earbuds and hummed the tune to the newest B1A4 song as I walked around the campus, trying to locate the main office. 
 
Now, finally. I located it. It was a huge establishment, the windows were so clear it looked as if they weren't there. The person at the front desk was a nice little ahjumma, and I tried to communicate the best that I could that I was a new foreigner student.
 
"First day, huh?" she asked, in perfect English. I took my earbuds out and bowed to her at a respectful 50 degree angle. "Aish, no need to do that." she chuckled, and handed me the map to the school.
 
"What's your name, sweetheart?" 
 
"Ko Mari. It's Go Mah Ri in Korean however." I told her, smiling.
 
"Oh, goergous name. I envy it. I'm Eun Sool, but you can call me Ms. Sool." she nodded and handed me my envelope with information and my class schedule that I picked out before hand in it.
 
"Gomawonida." I said, taking the envelope. I bowed to her once again and left the office.
 
The sun was shining right onto the campus.
 
"Anneyong Korea."