1/1 - Final.

Crossroads.

 

 

Kai wasn't really sure how he become an assistant for Death, but then again he was also told "not many people know who they were before death, but all who are greeted by death will surely have a purpose in the after life my boy.." and apparently his purpose was to do all of Deaths dirty work, go figure.  

But it did freak him out a tiny bit when a hooded man with yellow glowing eyes was walking towards him the night he died.

*flashback 

 

'Boy found dead in the park'

Found by male running with his dog at 6:30am this morning

detective's say the young teenager was badly busied from the neck down making this case a homicide.

there is enough evidence at the scene of the crime to find out who did this

Name will be with-held from media until next of kin is informed.

watch 6 o'clock news this evening for the rest of the details.

  that was all Kai could really remember from before he died, seeing his lifeless body on the front page of his local new paper before the hooded man took his hand and lead him towards a dark alley but as he draw near a dim light began to surround him then bringing him at the foot of steps. Slowly he followed the man until another figure was in front of him. "Who are you?" Kai ask feeling slightly worried "I am death" He replied as the ground below him started to rumble "W-why am-" Kai's answer was cut off by a growl in the distance "There is no need to ask why, how and what" The voice boomed and once again shook the ground where they stood "All you need to know is that you are now here, now my boy come with me, we have much to discuss" Kai all but nodded as he was once again lead somewhere else.

*end of flashback 

 

 

 

 

And that's how he become deaths assistant, the details aren't all that important so he never really thought about he signed himself up for.

 

It wasn't that Kai's job was horrible, all he needed to do was bring back the soul's that were scatted all over the world then bring them back to the steps he was once brought to and others take it from there.

 

 

 

Yes his job was very easy in deed.

 

It was the fact it was just him that made it seem rather lonely, sure  he could talk to the boat man who carried all souls towards the gates of either heaven or hell. He could even strike up a conversations with the angels that like to hang around the steps but he didn't, truthfully he felt out of place and he didn't know why.

 

until one day.

 

 

"Kai" Death called, Kai merely shifted his body so he was facing him "You must head to earth" Death then gave Kai a blank piece of paper "Who am I getting death?" Kai stared at the paper confused "There isn't any names.." Death chuckled lightly "I'm sending you to earth for a week, you must have one person on that blank piece of paper." Death then indicated Kai to leave. Kai looked at the paper in confusion 'A week for one person? must be some catch to this' He thought as he walked down the steps he knows so well.

 

 

 

Not that it was the first time Kai had been in on earth before but for some strange reason it was different, earth seemed brighter more vibrant more..... familiar as if he wasn't a shadow amongst the living but a real person. This feeling was overbearing, he couldn't take it and before he knew it, he collapsed.

 

His head hurt, in fact his whole body hurt internally and externally Kai didn't want to open his eyes but he could feel a damp cloth on his head it felt nice and soothing.... 

 

Wait. A DAMP CLOTH?

 

Kai's eyes shoot open only to be welcomed by a pair of large brown eyes staring back at him "Hey" the owner of the eye said smiling down at Kai who was now backing up towards the bed "h-how-h-how can yo-o-o-o-o..." "See me? that's easy, I'm the person your taking to heaven."

 

After a good 20 minutes of pacing back and fourth with those pair of eyes staring happily at him that he finally stopped and asked a few questions.

"Alright, are you already dead?"

"Um no, am I meant to be?"

"oh boy okay how can you see me?"

"With... my eyes..."

"NO! Like how can you SEE me, you aren't meant to see me"

"But why?"

"BECAUSE I'M DEATH!"

"I know that, theres no need to shout." the large eyed boy covered his ears waiting for Kai to calm down then he asked "If your death, how can I see you? because he is meant to invisible to the humans eye, only his servants can see him and still they are un-able to see his face" wow, this boy knew a lot more then Kai did. "Well yeah, I'm his assistant not servant why do you know all of this, creepy death worshiper oh please no, I had one of them last week and she was really..." Kai stopped talking since the person who was meant to be there was gone .

 

"Hey I'm talking he- what's that?" the boy then emerged from behind Kai and placed a small box in his hands "My father gave it to me,  saying someone will come for me. You would come for me and take me to where I once belonged" Kai then opened a boy and gasped  inside was the a news paper clipping showing him a name he had taken two years ago, that man was kind and let Kai take him away from his family he was Kai's first soul and although Kai wasn't meant to feel emotion he felt nervous and sad for taking somebody's father, son, husband, brother or even uncle out of they're life but there was nothing the assistant could do. "You came to me in a dream, saying I'll take you" Kai was shocked, he's never meet this person but he knows much more then Kai has since he's been dead.

 

 

 

"Kai, are you okay" the boy said softly. It was day two and they were both sitting in the kitchen while Kyungsoo (he had given his name last night) was eating away as Kai sat there staring out into the window, he hasn't moved since Kyungsoo bid him goodnight he felt human and he didn't know how to react. "Yes" Kai replied not really sure what to do at this moment "Why do you want to die?" Kai suddenly asked "It's not that I want to die but more like it's time" Kai looked towards the figure that slowly making his way to the sink, only then Kai noticed how pale the boys skin was.. "You have cancer, correct?" Kyungsoo smiled towards the assistant and nodded "I can feel my heart slowing down day by day...." Kyungsoo coughed violently bringing up blood. Kai sat him on the couch as he began to breath normally again "But I wanted to do so much before my time came..."

 

 

 

Kyungsoo told Kai about how he was a singer before his health went south, he would like to preform all over the world gaining a large fan base and let everyone know his name. He also told him he wanted to be a chef in a big fancy restaurant or anywhere really, he just wanted people to be happy with food in their stomachs. Kai saw the kindness in this boy and he wanted to do something for him. Kyungsoo wanted to do so much more, like swim with dolphins, visit Paris and Italy to try their food, he wanted what was impossible.

 

So he then dragged Kyungsoo to a homeless shelter, they were looking for volunteers to dish food since Kai couldn't give him a big fancy restaurant he could maybe give him the feeling of happiness to people with food in their stomachs. Kai then heard Kyungsoo sing to him, though he was one person Kai has been all over the world and if Kyungsoo's health wasn't they way it was, he would of been a super star in Kai's eyes.

Kai wanted to give him the world, and if he had some sort of power he would in a heart beat.

 

They didn't realize it but both were becoming attached to each other as days went by.

 

 

Before the knew it, the week was up and Kai would be taking him to the after life but Kai didn't want to, Kyungsoo had to much life to live and Kai didn't want to stop it.

 

"Run." Kai said, grabbing Kyungsoo's clothes and other belongs "Run and never look back" Kyungsoo was puzzled at the sudden outburst "wh-what why?!" Kyungsoo screamed pulling away from Kai's grip "You should live, never look back. I won't ever find you again. I can take someone else in your place just go!" Kai was pushing Kyungsoo out the door but Kyungsoo pushed right back "I don't want to live Kai! I've lived long enou-" "No you haven't! Your haven't visited Paris or swim with Dolphins or...." Kai felt a rush from behind and covered Kyungsoo's body as a shadow and smoke rose.

 

"Kai." Death boomed making Kyungsoo wince at the powerful voice "Who was that...." Kyungsoo whispered since he still could not see Death "shhh don't worry" Kai cooed still coving the boys frail body "A week is up my boy, you must bring him to me" Kai's eyes widened before shaking his head furiously "It's the wrong boy, I'm going to find ano-" "NO! It must be him Kai, you must sacrifice this boy you cannot cheat death" Death then pulled Kai away from the boy with ease, he then slowly out stretched his hand towards Kyungsoo as his finger tips touch the end of Kyungsoo's shirt Kai saw Kyungsoo fall onto the ground lifeless "No..." Kai whispered "No, no, no,no, no, no, nooooo!" he screamed "Why?" Death held out his hand "A test." He said revealing the boy with large eyes behind him "You are not a soul collector" Death continued pulling away Kai's dark clothing "You are not my assistant anymore, you are a guardian angel" and then Kai's wings appeared as he shone in bright pearl white. "Bu-but what..?" "I knew you were special but did not know who, go" Kyungsoo rushed towards Kai smashing into him with a hug "You must look after him in heaven, love him and always be by his side" Death then opened a gate to heaven. "You are free my young soul"

 

 

   

Kai had no idea what happened but all he knew he was hand and hand with Kyungsoo walking towards the steps "It all make sense now" realization raced through Kyungsoo's mind "What does?" "The reason I could see you!" Kai looked at him confused "Remember when I said Humans can't see death?" Kai nodded "Well even if you were an assistant to Death himself, I still wouldn't be able to see you, humans can only see angels not death" Kai stood there mouth open trying to say something "Why didn't you tell me!?" he huffed crossing his arms

"You were dead! Aren't you meant to already know that?!"

"NO! I didn't listen to the details!" 

"Well you should next time!"

"Why would there be a next time!"

 

The two fought the rest of the way but their hand never once detached.

 

 

   END.

a/n: this is not proof read, sorry for mistakes.

and also if it , sorry 

going to jump off my apartment building panda quote yo

kaybai