Too damn handsome.

Waiting on the Other Side

Chapter 24

MinAh POV:

What I said to Jinyoung had kept me up all night. Why did I take his simple words so seriously and made it seem like a big deal?  I sighed, and dragged my lazy self to school.

School was a pain.  Apparently, everyone had still not gotten over the time Jinyoung appeared at the front of our school, making all the girls (and boys?) swoon. Suzy and Fei did their best to kick away the girls who tried to get close to me, but unfortunately they could not always be there.  Girls would crowd around me, asking if I was busy after school, and if I'd want to hang out to watch a movie or go shopping after school.  If I had the money...I would still say no to their offer.  It surprised me how shallow some people in our school could be.  Trying to befriend me so they might have a chance to meet Jinyoung? Tch.

Usually, I wouldn't mind having work after school, but today, I wanted to stay at school--even if it meant being surrounded by annoying people. But, the bell rang and I reluctantly stepped foot out of the school. Outside, it seemed more rowdy than usual.  Groups of girls ran to the front of the school, holding onto their cellphones tightly.  Did I miss something? I reached into my pocket and fumbled with my phone, wondering if there was some text message going around. But if there was, I didn't get it.  Slightly dissapointed, I slid my phone back into my pocket, and continued walking towards the school's front entrance.  A hoard of girls were whispering shyly to each other, each group dispersed around...something.  I couldn't exactly tell what it was, but it was evident they had their eyes on the same thing behind the statue.  I walked closer to the statue, hands in my pockets.  It was strange, nobody was clinging onto me, let alone noticed me walking, like the whole yesterday and today at school.  I peered around the corner, of the statue, and you could say I became the statue's twin--completely frozen.

"What. The. HE--"

"Oh! Anyeong MinAh,"smiled Jinyoung, casually leaning against the statue.  He pushed himself off the giant piece of rock and walked towards me.  I could hear squeals of arising from the people around, and the envious stares drilling into my back.  Why is he here again? Didn't my point get through to him yesterday night??

He stopped half a foot away from me and stared at me with bright eyes.

"Ready?" he chirped, one hand holding the strap to his messenger bag.

I groaned internally, and scooted closer to him, keeping my head down.  "Why are you here?" I almost hissed.

"Hm? I'm here to go to work with you." He bent down and tilted his head, trying to peek at my face.

"Did you not understand what I said to you last night?"

I felt him back away, as he shoved his hands into his pockets and sighed.

"That's the reason I'm here," he said, staring at the statue beside him.

"Eh?" I looked up, trying to see what he meant.

"To break the barrier!" he said with a hint of enthusiasm.

This guy sure knows  how to make you kick yourself 82974856 times. "That's not what I meant......." I mumbled.

"Let's go!" he said, pushing me forward, his hand on my back.  The sudden contact made me jump a bit, and apparently he could tell. I turned my head around.

"Oh, mianhae~" he said playfully, raising his hands up in the air at chest level. "But if you don't go, we'll be late." Then, I felt him come closer to me, his lips close to my ear. "Unless you want me to hold your hand and drag you all the way there again~" he whispered, his warm breath tickling my ear.

Instinctively, I jolted away from him, and out of the corner of my eye, saw a sly smile form at the corner of his mouth. "Let's go then~" he said innocently, nudging my shoulder with his as he walked in front of me, whistling. The whispers and stares around me intensified, as well as the redness in my cheeks. Dang it, Jinyoung. Are you trying to make my life as difficult as possible?  Keeping my head lowered, I followed closely behind him, trying to hide myself behind his tall shadow.

The whole walk to work, I stayed close behind Jinyoung, for who knows what reason, drilling discontent glares into his back.  He didn't turn around, thankfully, but happily(or what it seemed like from the back) continued down the streets to the cafe.

Once we were at the front of the shop, he suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me off to the side.

"B-bwoh?!" I said, almost stumbling over my own feet. He straightened his back, and crossed his arms.

"Are you going to keep staring a hole into my back through our whole shift?" he joked.

I looked away, stuffing my hands into my pockets. He continued to interrogate.

"What's wrong with being friends with me?"

Keeping my head down, I kicked at a pebble on the concrete floor, making it land a couple feet away from us.

"...Or do you not like me being your friend?" he said quieter.

Surprised at his statement, I quickly looked up. "Ani!! That's not what..I..m-meant..." I stammered, finding his face inches away from mine.  In response to his close proximity, I awkwardly looked away into the cafe window.

"Then why did you seem so embarassed when I went to pick you up from school?" he asked, his face still very close to mine.

"B-because..."I muttered,"its troublesome for me," I replied, still looking aimlessly through the cafe window. His hand gently pushed my head to face him, causing my eyes to look directly into his.  I felt the warmth rise to my cheeks, and quickly diverted my attention to his loosened tie of his uniform.

"Why? Is it really because I'm from that prestigious school?" he said, a sting in his words.

Why was the atmosphere so tense? It felt like our conversation from last night all over again.

"Hehe..uh...m...partly...hehe.."I trailed off, now staring at the button on his shirt.

"And the other part..?" he said, trying to make me spit it out.

"N--Nothing!!" I said, casually pushing him away from me. "Let's get to work!" I said maybe too enthousiastically, followed by an awkward chuckle.  I opened the door to the cafe, and greeted each of the waiters.

"Yo! MinAh-ssi!" Baro greeted, placing a cup of coffee in front of a customer.

"Ah, anyeong, MinAh," Junghwan smiled from the counter.

"Anyeong," I quietly smiled.

"Ah..hyung, what's with the pout?" I heard Baro say as I headed to the change room.

"Just focus on your work," I heard Jinyoung mutter behind me.

After I got changed into the uniform, I hastily hurried out to the customers, while almost bumping into someone coming out of the kitchen.

"Oh! Joesonghab--Ah, Anyeong Gongchan~" I said, as the embarassed boy in front of me bowed and apoligized as well.

"Ne, anyeonghaseyo MinAh-ssi..."

Keke. Oh how fun it is to tease your dongsaengs.

"Ah..Channie! You can call me noona~" I said, my goal in making him feel awkward a success.

"N-ne...noona..Oh! Hyung, what are you doing?"

I turned around to see who it was, seeing Jinyoung standing there with a pout and his arms crossed.

"Nothing," he said, and walked passed us.

"Hyung is weird," Gongchan said, itching his head, and then continued off to work.

Throughout our shift, I kept catching Jinyoung sneaking glances at me, then quickly looking away. Gongchan was right--his hyung is  weird.  It was quite uncomfortable having the feeling of someone staring at me constantly, so I decided I should act.  Once Jinyoung went to the counter, I followed behind casually and pretended to get a customer's order as well.

"Yah, Jinyoung. Why do you keep looking at me?" I asked as casually as I could pull off.

"No reason," he replied unemotionally.

"Tell me."

"No."

"Tell me."

"No."

"Yah, tell me!"

He swiftly turned around to face me, looking me in the eye, causing my heart to skip.

"You tell me first then," the corners of his mouth curling upwards.

"...Huh?"

He kept staring into my eyes as I tried to understand what he was talking about. Then I remembered.

"Oh."

He was so persistent of me telling him why my life at school was troublesome.  I couldn't possibly tell the truth, cuz that's just...embarassing for me.  HOw can I tell him to his face that he's handsome? I shivered--that's not how I roll.

"Well...?" he said, raising an eyebrow.

"Not telling," I said, quickly grabbing the order from the counter.  No way could I tell him straight to his face.

"MinAh~, Come on," he whined after me.

"Nope."

"Come on~"

"No way~" I imitated.

This continued for the rest of work.  He constantly snuck up behind me, urging me to tell him, and boy, was it annoying. So, at the end of work, that's when he burst my bubble. After changing, I saw him waiting outside the washroom door.

"So, MinAh. You gonna tell me?" he said, his elbow prompt against the wall.

"Ani," I said, walking past him.

"Come on, MinAh~" he whined.

"No."

"Minnn~~" he said, going full out aegyo.  He latched his arm around my shoulders tightly, not going to let go of me anytime soon.

I struggled to push open the door with my hands trapped under his tight hold.

"Yah, let go!" I groaned.

"Shiro~" he teased, resting his chin on the top of my head.

And once again, the blood rushed to my cheeks, and my heart seemed to beat faster than usual.

"Tell me, tell me, tell me~" he sang, not letting go of me.

People on the street were starting to stare, and Jinyoung kept repeating those two words. Embarassment+annoying person reallly does not go well with me.

"AISH!" I screamed, trying to writh out of his grip.  I managed to break through, and I took a deep breath in.

"ITS CUZ YOU'RE TOO DAMN HANDSOME, ARASSO??"

There was a momentary silence between us, as I let my actions sink into my brain.

What.Did.I.Just.Say.

"Oh?" Jinyoung exclaimed, a smile slowly escaping onto his face. He took a step closer to me. "Jinnnja?" He leaned closer, as I stumbled away from his closeness.

"A-ani!! ANI.ANI!!" I yelled, and proceeded in running away to my house.

Wow. I'm such a loser.

===============

Herro, my lovely readers (:

A hug to all of my new subbies:

- Ineedahugfromyou  

- thea228   

- jjsk1215

And thanks to all my readers and especially all my subscribers who have stuck with this story until now!

Continue to watch B1A4's stage performances~ haha (:

and please subscribe, and comment! make me super happy! haha (:

 

Ah....my throat is sore > < and heehee~ Never thought I'd look forward to talking to someone this much ^ ^  how's school for everyone? Dying yet? LOL jkjk XD