That sleeping girl

One-Shot | Sleeping Angel

"Oh, it's your mother's special cookies! Damn, these are good! Want some?" Kai grinned, offering Jongup a piece.

Jongup sighed, "No, I don't want any. I'll be hanging around here until 5, you don't mind right?"

Kai shrugged, "I don't mind, it's not like I own the place or anything. Besides, it's boring here."

Jongup's eyes travelled to his cousin's leg, which were hung up in mid-air, "What exactly happened to your leg?"

"I kind of fell when I was practicing for a dance performance, it was a bad fall. I got unlucky and well, you can see what happened to it." Kai shrugged, as if it was nothing big.

Jongup stared at his leg, his mind was wandering off. His fist clenched as he thought deeply.

"Jongup...Jongup...Jongup!"

Jongup blinked, "Uh, yeah?"

A girl stood in front of him, she was short - no doubt. Her brown hair was tied into a cute high bun and high bangs rested nicely on her forehead. She smiled a little and took out her hand, for a shake.

"Hi, I am Haneul. Kai's girlfriend, you are....?" She tilted her head a little.

"That's Jongup, my cousin who just moved here half a year ago." Kai replied for him.

Jongup gave her a lopsided smile and shook her hand.

Haneul nodded slowly, "Well, nice to meet you. But I don't see you in school though...?"

"I'm not studying in the SM Academy. I'm studying in Seoul High School, a normal school." Jongup said, shrugging.

Haneul smiled, "Ah, I see. Well, Kai, I've came to give your notes to you. Be prepared, this topic is going to be challeging."

Kai frowned, "Dang it," But his lips coiled into a smile, "But you will teach me, right babe?"

Haneul rolled her eyes, "Of course."

"Come here" Kai ordered.

She obediently sat on his bed and Kai immediately hugged Haneul, "I missed you so bad..."

"Kai, we saw each other yesterday!" Haneul smacked his arm, "And your cousin is here!"

"Don't mind me, I'll walk around the hospital. I'll leave you love-birds alone." Jongup cleared his throat before leaving the room.

"See what you have done, Kim Jongin?" Haneul sighed.

Kai smirked, "Can't I want to have some private time with my girlfriend?"

 

Jongup took his soda drink from the vending machine, he took a sip and looked around. There was patients everywhere with nurses tending to them and family members bringing them out for a walk. He sighed, boredom seems to be creeping in.

"How was the patient in Room 45C?" A nurse asked as they stood near a vending machine, probably taking a break.

Jongup stopped at his tracks and pretended to look outside the window, he was slightly interested in what the nurse's were talking. Mainly because he's bored, he was that bored.

The other nurse sighed, "She's stable, just that she won't wake up. Doctor Yoon just can't figure out what's wrong."

"Oh dear, that poor girl. Well, we'll have her go through another test next week. Let's hope for the best." The first nurse sighed.

"Oh yeah, have you heard about..."

Jongup threw his drink away as he tucked his hands in his pant's pocket, he no longer had the interest in their gossip. His eyes looked at the room number as he walked.

*Room 41B...43C...44A...A-hah!* His eyes immediately eyed on the room sign. *Room 45C, I think that's where the nurse was talking about.*

He slightly knocked on the door and opened it slightly. It creaked softly as he peeked his head in, he blinked. *What am I doing?*

"May I help you, sir? Are you a friend of this patient?" A nurse asked, hugging her clipboard.

Jongup jumped and turned to look at the nurse, he gave her a meek smile, "Uh, kind of."

The nurse smiled, "That's great, well, visiting hours are going to be over so visit her. She's been kind of lonely."

"Um, okay?" Jongup raised a brow when the nurse walked away, he scratched his head and walked in, confused.

There, lies a girl with her eyes closed. The sunlight softly streamed into her room, making her shine, as if she was an angel sleeping peacefully. Her hair was brown, her skin was fair and looked soft. Her chest softly heaved up and down and her healthy pink lips were parted.

His air was almost knocked out of his system, Jongup blinked and took a meek step closer to have a closer look at the girl. She's pretty - no, wait - beautiful. He looked at the name plague above her bed rest.

'Yong Minhee'

"So your name is Minhee, huh?" Jongup mumbled, he looked around the room. It was plain and boring, the only thing that stood out was the flowers and the patient herself.

He grabbed a seat and sat down awkwardly, "Are you asleep? What the heck am I talking about, of course you are asleep."

Silence took over the room, Jongup sighed and stared off into space. "How nice...it's peaceful and quiet here..."

"A perfect place to just think and dream. I can see why you're asleep at this timing." Jongup said.

He looked out of the window, "Maybe you won't be listening, but still...I missed my old hometown, the place where I grew up with my friends."

A smile grew on his face as he thought back, "Yongguk hyung, Himchan hyung, Daehyun hyung, Youngjae hyung and Zelo...they were always noisy and wild. We all have a dream to perform on stage one day, together as one."

"We worked hard towards our dream, Yongguk hyung and Zelo worked hard in rapping, Daehyun and Youngjae hyung worked hard in singing, Himchan hyung worked hard in rapping and singing. I worked hard in dancing. We almost got it, we're almost there...but..." Jongup clenched his fist.

"My father just have to spoil everything...he forced me to stop befriending them, saying that I should give up on that silly dream. He just have to take away my dream, and now, he brought me here, a place far away from my dreams, my friends."

Jongup chuckled to himself, "What am I doing, talking to myself..."

"Oh, sir, are you a friend of Minhee's?" A nurse asked as she entered the room.

He blinked and slowly nodded, "Kind...of...?"

"That's great, it's been quite some time since she last had a visitor." The nurse chuckled.

"So what happened to her...?" Jongup asked, his hand rubbing the back of his neck.

The nurse had a sad smile on her face, "Well, as you can see, she's in a coma. She got into a horrible accident and was immediately brought here for surgery. She was on the edge of death. Thank god that she managed to survive because one of our best doctors was on duty on that very night. We estimated that she would stay in a coma state for a few weeks since she took the most injury to the head. She has been recovering well, but she didn't wake up. It's been two months since the accident."

Jongup kept silent as he looked at her.

"What about her parents? You did mentioned that it's been 'quite a time since she last had a visitor'." Jongup looked at the nurse.

The nurse shook her head, "Her parents never visited," She turned to the flowers by the bed, "They only paid for the bills and sent people to change the flowers. Other than that, no one ever visited her."

His heart ached for Minhee, *but why hasn't her parents visited her?*

"Before I forget, what's your name?" The nurse asked.

"Moon Jongup, her friend from today onwards." Jongup said, as he looked at her.

A smile came onto the nurse's face as she left the room. 

 

From that on, Jongup visited Minhee whenever he went to visit Kai. He usually helped change the water in the flower vase and often change the flowers. 

Jongup placed the beautiful flowers in the vase and looked at Minhee, "I've changed the flowers, do you like it? I just chose the prettiest flowers from the florist."

He sighed, "I wonder when will you wake up, why don't you want to wake up? It's a beautiful day."

"The sky is blue and clear, the flowers are looking great and I'm...here" Jongup pursed his lips. He barely even knew her but why is he so intrigued by her? If she wakes up, she'll probably thinks that he is some sort of creep.

He thinks he didn't know, but deep down, he already knew. He already knew it very well, a feeling so familiar.

He smiled, "You know, at times I wonder how you would sound like...I bet you will smile pretty too."

His phone vibrated and he took it out, going to a corner to answer the call. But as he turned around, he missed the movement of her fingers.

"...I'm coming home now!"

 

"What do you mean...by we're moving back?" Jongup panted as he ran into the house.

His father, as usual, had his emotionless face on, "We are moving back, nothing else."

"Why? I thought you didn't want me to be with my friends or be near to my dream!" Jongup yelled.

"I just have to return, not because of you, because of my job. I am needed there, but you don't have to worry, I'll make sure that you will stay away from your silly friends." His father said.

Jongup glared at his father, "I don't get you, what is so bad about having a dream and wanting it to be reality? What is so bad in being a dancer?"

"Jongup, just listen to your father, okay? Go to your room." His mother bit her lips.

"Moon Jongup, you still don't get it, don't you? Being some idiot on stage doing some 'dance' moves will not give you a future! Dancing will never get you to anywhere. You don't even have the talent of dancing! You are just talentless! Just be a good son and study well, become a lawyer like me!"

His mother gasped in shock, "Hubby..." She whispered.

Jongup went silent, he couldn't believed his ears. His father just called him talentless, his own blood-related father. He clenched his fist tight and he breathing went ragged. Without any words, Jongup grabbed his jacket and ran out of the house, his mind was in a mess, his emotions were unclear. He couldn't believe it, his own father called him talentless.

It was 8 at night. Jongup wandered around aimlessly and ended up at the hospital, he went to take a look at his cousin but it seems he was busy. Busy with his girlfriend, again.

Before he knew it, he stood outside of Minhee's hospital room. He sighed as he slid open the door, peeking in. His eyes widened upon seeing the empty bed, it was neat and the name plate was gone *where...is she?*

"Um, sir...you're not supposed to be in here" A nurse said as she appeared behind him, holding onto a clipboard.

He grabbed her shoulders, "Where is the patient? She's....she's..."

"Ah, she was discharged just a few moments ago. She woke up an hour ago and-"

Jongup blinked, unable to digest her words. "So...she left?"

"Well..."

He dashed out of the room, unable to take the news. His sleeping angel is gone. His father called him a talentless guy, can this day get any worse?

He ran to the park near the hospital, and sat on one of the benches. He sat there, thinking. His emotions were like a rollercoaster, one moment he's happy that his sleeping angel has finally woke up, then he's sad that she's gone without a goodbye, then he's mad at his father.

"Excuse me, do you mind if I sit next to you?" A soft voice asked.

He shook his head and the person sat next to him. With the sides of his eyes, he realized that it's a girl. Judging from the shoes, obviously.

"A bad day, huh?" The person asked.

Jongup kept silent, he didn't know why the girl suddenly started talking to him.

"I didn't exactly have a bad day, but I didn't want to return home after getting discharged by the hospital. To tell the truth, I kind of didn't want to wake up from my coma. But for some reason, I just have to wake up. Like there's this nagging feeling in me that keeps telling me to wake up." She blabbed, "I hate going home, you know..."

"Ah, sorry. I unknowingly blabbed again. Why can't I keep this mouth shut..." She mumbled.

Jongup chuckled, thinking that it was cute. He looked up and his blinked.

It's her...his sleeping angel...

She smiled at him, "Um...well, hi?"

"Yong...Minhee?" Jongup whispered.

Her eyes widened, "How do you know my name? Are you some kind of psychic?"

"Wait...Nurse Jung told me before I left the hospital...but...by chance, are you Moon Jongup? The guy who kept me company during my coma...?" Minhee whispered.

Jongup couldn't believe it, it's really her. Maybe, there's something good out from this day. Pushing his father's problems aside, he smiled.

"Hello, Minhee."

 


Ahhhh, it . T_T I don't know how it turned out like this but I'm somehow satisfied with it? But it seems messy and rushed. Aigooo.

So sorry for the late update with it. I got lazy and well...>_<

Anyways, I hope you all like it ^_^