With You Again

Again

 

“Ruki! Your song is the next song. Get ready yeaahhh!!!”

                Three men were having a crazy night in a small cubic inside a karaoke club. They had spent all night singing and shouting like there was no tomorrow. It was nearing midnight and one of them who had honey-blonde hair was already fell on the ground, unconscious because of the much of drinking cans of alcohol. The one who still sang in full energy was the dark pinked hair, Aoi. With his not-so-good voice, he carelessly hit the tone and sang, successfully made the other man should try his best to cover his ears which were getting in pain.

                “Oi! I leave! You’re way too noisy!” the chibi man said in cold tone and immediately left the room.

                “Oi, Ruki! Ruki!” the chibi ignored that man’s shout and continued to leave the building.

                It was so cold outside. It is definitely cold because the winter hadn’t gone. That  day was still in January after all. The brown haired man tightened his coat when he felt like shivering, “It’s 31st of January na?”

                ‘How could I spend this day with idiots like them? They just full of stupid things and the more stupid id me who was agreeing to spend this night with them. I should have a better one if I spend the night with Reita.’

                Reita. That name made the step stopped for a while. Ruki stand in the middle of the street which had only three to five persons on. His gaze was shaken, his heart felt like skipping a beat, there was a pain again in his heart.

                ‘Why are you going with him? Do I mean nothing? Let’s just… Break up.” the words are breaking up and fill inside Ruki’s ears and without him noticing, the rain started to fall.

*

                “Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, my lovely Ruki,” the man with blonde hair and a noseband smiling widely while holding a lightened birthday cake .

                “Baka!” Ruki closed his eyes awhile and blew the candles, “Arigatou, Reita.”

                “Why so awkward?” the taller man then patted Ruki and leaned a kiss on top of his head, “Happy birthday, Ru…”

                Ruki smiled and grabbed the cake and brought it to the table in the corner of the room and sat on the sofa next to the table.

                “Jja, may I know what our Chibi wished?” Reita followed his lover and sat beside him. He shook the brown hair with love.

                “Do you want to know so bad?” Ruki is grinning widely while cutting the cake to eat.

                “Un! Of course!” Reita nodded.

                “Hmm… Let me remember,” Ruki rolled his eyes and tried to look like he was thinking so hard, “ I wished I stay healthy for hundred ages, success with our band, my family stay health and happy…”

                “And then?”

                “What’s with that ‘and then’?”

                “And then?”

                Ruki stared to his lover who was starring him with hopes and then laughing. It caused Reita to pout and hit the smaller man, “Why laughing?”

                “You were looking at me like wondering something and it was funny!” Ruki continued to laugh.

                “Mou ii!”

                “Rei,” Ruki pull the hem of Reita’s shirt and leaned a kiss on the thin lips, “Of course I wished to spend my lifetime only with you, together, forever.”

                Those words causing both of them blushed. They smiled and Reita put another peck on Ruki’s chubby lips, “I love you.”

*

                The hurtful moments played randomly in Ruki’s thought. The rain made it worse. He tried to continue the walk and looked to his watch. It was already half past the midnight, it was 1st February. The gloomy on his cute face was getting darker and darker. He saw the road hardly and fell to the ground when he stepped on a hole he didn’t see. He just stayed blankly on the ground. Suddenly, tears started to pour down along with the rain, “I miss you, Rei…”

                “How come we are separated when it was my birthday today? How come you leave me with those broke up things?” the small body trembling in cold but the tears wouldn’t want to stop. Ruki tried to calm himself so that the cry would stop, but his effort gained nothing. He thought he did miss the man so much as he couldn’t control himself.

                Suddenly, the rain didn’t hit the small body anymore. He gasped in sudden disappearance of the rain and he found a pair of boots in front of his eyes. Those boots move slightly and followed with a hum. Ruki raised his gaze and the eyes widened because of what he saw, “Rei?”

                “Ah, so you are here? Crying like mad people,” the low-toned voice that Ruki missed. There was Reita standing in front of him, holding an umbrella.

                “Cih! You found me in this kind of situation? No cool…” Ruki wiped his face with the back of his hand.

                “Here…” the hand Ruki missed, was outstretched in front of him.

                ‘May I take that hand? May I take that hand I love the most? The hand that had given me so much care and love in the past… May I have it again?’ Ruki fought with his mind.

                He stared to the hand and he took it after all. Reita helped him to stand up and wiped Ruki’s wet hair with his handkerchief, “You look terrible.”

                “Who made me this terrible?” Ruki murmured something in low voice.

                “Ru?”

                “How do you know I was in this area?”

                “Aoi- ”

                “That bastard!”

                “Don’t you have to work? You are in the night shift right?” Ruki tried to leave Reita but he stepped that hole and fall again.

                “You, stupid.”

                “I do. I do stupid! So what!?” Ruki yelled but stay in his position on the ground, back facing Reita.

                “Because of that stupid which why I couldn’t think of another person!”

                The umbrella was thrown and the small body then being hugged by the taller one. They let the rain trailed their already wet body. It was indeed cold, but it was warm for Ruki. It was warm because his heart is starting to feel the warmth from the person behind him, the person who was hugging him then.

                Reita leaned his head on the crook of Ruki’s head and give a butterfly kiss there and soon moved to Ruki’s pink cheeks, “I think it has to be with you so I can live my world.”

                Ruki widened his eyes, “What?”

                “I think… I, I love you more than I realized.”

                “Rei?”

                “The word ‘break up’, can I take it back so I can be with you again?” Reita snuggled and murmured those words.

                Ruki didn’t talk back, he moved his finger to the strains of that blonde hair, pulling Reita closer to give him a kiss. Reita was too surprised to even give him a reply. He was stoned and could only blink in silent. Soon, as he realized, he kiss Ruki back and deepened the kiss.

                “Arigatou”

                They ended the kiss and tried to stand up. The taller grabbed the small hand and they started to walk, “So, my apartment?”

                “Baka Rei! I want to go home.”

                “Anyway, I didn’t bring anything. It’s your birthday, isn’t it?”

                “Mou ii… I’ve already given the most wonderful gift ever…”

 

*END*