The Escape

Avian Love

He felt his cage being pushed into somewhere… blue. The mortuary smell in the air started killing his lungs. How he bitterly hated the atmosphere. As his cage stopped moving, he saw the one and only, Dr. Alan standing by the operating bed, smirking at him. He helplessly glared at him in anger.

“Let us go.” He groaned. Ignorance, but the doctor stepped toward the cage as he saw a boy, clenching his fist in anger. “So, you must be…” He checked the paper in his hand. “… Arron Yan, eh?”

“What do you want from me?” Arron Yan, as it is, muttered, glaring into Dr. Alan’s eyes.

“Erm, let me think. I want… you.” Dr. Alan ended his sentence persistently.

Arron didn’t bother to ask him more. “Let-us-go!” He retorted, making himself clear.

“And why should I?”

Arron began to heat up. Anger began to control him. He paced in front, but was held back by… someone.

“Arron, n-no…” A weak feminine voice stuttered in fear. Arron paused. He couldn’t help but to listen to her, and he never knew why. He calmed down.

“Put them in the neutralizer.” Dr. Alan ordered his men. He wore his white gloves and nose mask. He took the scalpel from his tray on his operating table. He slightly winced as he pricked his fingertips with it. Blood trickled down his finger continuously. Great. It was just as sharp as he wanted it to be. Everything was set.

Arron stepped back, into the darkness. He was ready too, somehow.

‘Jiro, in the count of three…’

‘Jiro, no…’

“Selina, I’ll be alright…” Jiro Wang convinced the girl who shared the same cage as him.

She was worried to death. She didn’t want Jiro, her protector, to be in danger. But, what can she do? Nothing. She helplessly stared at him, hoping that everything will work fine.

‘Ready, Jiro?’

‘Yes.’

‘1…’ The men unlocked both cages.

‘2…’ They slowly opened the cages.

‘3!’ Arron waited no longer. He stretched out his wings and whooshed in front, followed by his buddy, Experiment #2, Jiro Wang from the other cage.

“Jiro, Now!” Arron yelled as he knocked down the man in front of him. Jiro flew to Dr. Alan. He tightened his fist and punched Dr. Alan right at the face. But, there was no avail. Dr. Alan doesn’t seem to feel the pain. Jiro kept on punching him but Dr. Alan’s face, connecting to his body, was… elastic. It kept on coming back to its original position. Not even a single bruise was formed on his face. Weird, Jiro thought, puzzled.

Dr. Alan pulled his nose mask down against his neck. “Do you think I’m that weak and dumb? What are you going to do next? Flick me to hell? Like that’ll happen.” He said mockingly.

Jiro got angry. His face showed full hatred and anger toward the one and only, Dr. Alan. Seeing this, Dr. Alan retaliated but Jiro was too fast, he managed to duck and power kicked Dr. Alan at the chest. Dr. Alan flung to another corner of the room. By that time, Arron practically knocked down all the men in the room, including the white-coats.

‘Great, Jiro! Get Selina now and quickly get out of here, and find a place to hide. I’ll get Hebe.’

‘Alright!’

Jiro swooped back to his cage. He grasped Selina’s arms and pulled her close to him. “Selina, let’s go!” Selina Ren stretched out her wings and followed him outside the room and the building.

“Hebe, let’s go!” Arron exclaimed as he swooped back in his cage.

“Arron… I c-can’t m-move…” Hebe Tian uttered weakly.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, deeply concerned.

“I d-don’t k-know…”

“Get them!” Arron heard someone shouting from the other corner of the room.

Arron wasted no time. “Here, let me carry you. We need to get out of here, fast.” He offered and hastily carried her bridal-style. She wrapped her arms around his neck for support and buried her head on his chest. How she loved the feeling, of someone helping her when she was in big need. He whooshed out off the cage. He saw Dr. Alan pacing towards him. Arron quickly zoomed out of the room, followed by Dr. Alan.

“Security! Close the entrance!” Dr. Alan shouted. But, it was too late. As the door was inches from closing, Arron managed to slide between it and fly out. He soared up high the blue sky, carrying Hebe with all his might.

Dr. Alan stood near the entrance and squinted at the sky through a transparent glass window, where he saw the Arron guy vulnerably carrying a girl and flapping his wings, escaping from the tall building which stood proud in the middle of a rural area, surrounded by thick and vast forests which crossed over a few miles from there. “How immature.” He sneered.

A few white-coats rushed to Dr. Alan’s place. “Dr. Alan! What are we going to do?! They’re escaping! Everything will be ruined!” One of them asked, feeling panicky.

“It’s okay. They won’t get away easily. Unfortunately, they don’t know what consequences they’re going to face from now on… Now, follow me, I’ve got a job for you doctors.”

“What job?”

“Oh, you’ll find out soon.” He left the place, with a big smirk on his face.