Late or Never?

[ONE-SHOT] Late or Never?

 

Author's Note: 
I haven't reached my target but I have no time to play games anymore :<
I'm less than 20 days away from the due date of a writing contest I've participated,
so I have to devote my heart to completing the chaptered story, LOL.
(shameless promition: contest entry)
 

 

I was blogging about my excitement when I heard a knock on my door.
"Come on in."
 
When I heard the door open, I turned around and saw Taemin. My face immediately brightened up and went over to give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. 
 
"So what are you doing?" Taemin asked as he took a seat at the edge of my bed. 
"I'm blogging." I sat back down on my chair. "About the wedding of course."
Taemin smiled. "Time flies so fast right? When we knew each other, we were only... I don't know, 12? And now we're already all grown up and starting a family soon."
 
I smiled too and went over to his side. "Actually sometimes time flies so fast that I can't believe I'm actually getting married next week. It's like a dream."
"It's not a dream," Taemin said and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, "it's a dream come true. I still remember you dreaming in class about how you'll look like in a wedding dress."
"I did?!"
"Yes! You even forced me to compliment you!"
 
I laughed and gently slapped myself, "why did I do that?!"
Taemin laughed to and grabbed my hand to prevent me from slapping myself. 
Our laughter then died and I leaned on him. He rested his head on mine. "Actually, I'm not too sure if I want to get married," I said.
"Why?"
"I don't know. I don't feel like I'm ready. There's just this uneasy feeling."
 
Taemin then sat up straight and said, "it's too late to say all this now!" He then pinched my cheeks.
I chuckled and said, "of course."
"You're prolly just nervous."
I knew I wasn't, but I nodded anyway.
 
Taemin then stood up and said, "I got to be going now. Remember to be a pretty bride next week!"
"I'll be a pretty bride even without your reminder! And, you're leaving already?"
 
Taemin nodded, "staying a bit more might make me regret not stopping you from getting married to him."
I laughed a bit. "He's not that bad is he?" I then stood up and went over to Taemin.
 
"He's not bad, but I'm better." Taemin then held my hands and looked into my eyes. He was making me feel really uneasy. 
 
I've actually been liking him since we knew each other. I was still young, so I couldn't conclude that it was real feelings. The feelings lasted longer than I expected. But we were already so close that I don't want to risk our friendship for a relationship that might not work out.
 
So I moved on. I went to date another guy who loves me to bits. It's better to be loved than love right? I too have feelings for him, but it just wasn't as much as the feelings I have for Taemin.
 
"Sometimes," Taemin said, "I really ask myself, why didn't I confess to you? Why didn't I court you?"
 
I blinked a few times and quickly looked away from Taemin. 
 
Taemin pulled me in for a hug and said, "I'm able to steal the heart of so many girls, but yet I'm unable to win yours."
 
"Tae...emin, I.. I don't thi—"
 
"No, don't stop me. I don't want to have another regret."
 
I gulped. I really didn't know he liked me too. I also really didn't want him to go on pouring his heart out. It was making me feel like calling off my wedding. 
 
"How great it will be if the person you're marrying is me."
 
I hugged Taemin too and tried to find a place to set my attention on. I kept picturing Taemin's crying face and it was killing me.
 
"I suppose it's too late to say anything now." Taemin slowly let go of me. 
 
My arms voluntarily hugged him tighter. I didn't want to let him go. 
"Taemin, I'm sorry."
Yet I don't want to give up on my marriage. 
 
Taemin pushed my arms off and looked at me.
"It's okay. It's not your fault. It's not like you like me anyway."
 
I felt like crying but I just kept it all in. 
 
He kissed me on the cheek once.
"Be a good wife."
He then kissed me on the other side.
"Be a good mother."
And finally he kissed my lips.
"Be happy."
 
I looked down and he patted me on the head. 
"Goodbye. See you again on your wedding day." 
 
Taemin then left, and was kind enough to close the door behind him, so that I could have some time on my own.
 
I sat on my bed and thought about us. Not Taemin and I. My to-be husband and I. Was he really the one I wanted?
 
Curse that Taemin. Somethings were really better left unknown. Like his feelings.
 
At least then, I wouldn't regret until the day Taemin gets married. 
 
 
END