from Lee Taemin

Disturbance

Lee Taemin observed as the sand fell inside his hourglass. How long has it been? How long has it been since the woman who was once the love of his life left? Since when was the vase broken? How did it even shatter in the first place?

“I’m so sorry,” he could still remember the broken-hearted expression that graced her beautiful face, the sad smile that made his heart sink deep into his chest. Taemin felt the fat tears fall silently down his cheek and make a small puddle on the wooden floor.

Was it because he was younger? It wasn't a problem back in the past; back when they were happy.

At that instant memories came flooding in his head, memories of her.

“Smile!” she exclaimed, holding up the photographic device to capture their moments together. Instead of a smile, his lips formed a pout and his arms made a pose similar to the ones muscular men would do. “Your turn!” he grinned as he snatching the camera from the older woman’s grasp.

Taemin shook his head, trying his best to erase such memories. It was one of the best memories he had ever experienced but right now, it was too painful. Her smiles, her laugh, it killed him inside.

Taemin stood and walked away from the hourglass to look at himself in his full-length mirror.

Pitiful.

He looked absolutely pitiful. His cheeks were tear-strained from all the crying he did when he thought of her.

He saw her.

In the reflection in the mirror, he could almost feel her touch on his back. But the question in hand was, was she really there? Or was his mind playing tricks on him? He really couldn't tell the difference between reality and illusion anymore.

The ring on his finger glimmered, reflecting the light towards the mirror that erased the illusion that was supposedly her presence.

Reality pulled hi back into the upside-down room—still a mess.

He had done it. When he pushed her out of the door something had snapped inside his mind and he broke down. Things were thrown to the hard ground; some even flew across the room. Recalling that moment, he felt like a monster. Recalling that moment, he loathed himself.

Taemin’s eyes focused on the silver ring on his slim fingers as he fell back to the couch. As much as it would pain him to admit, he regrets taking a seat o the couch, there were memories made back when the two were madly in love, memories so precious, it would kill him inside to recall them as he is at the current time.

“Taem, Taem, look at this!” her excited voice was still fresh in his mind as he recalled the day the two shares laughs as the video in her phone played.

Her bright laughter echoed in his mind as he recalled their joyful moments together.

Taemin stood from the sofa and took his coat. He has been ignoring the constant ringing from his phone for quite a while now, it’s about time he settled things.

With his keys inside his pocket, he took his first step out the door since she left. With his head held high, he dashed towards the bridge they spend most of their time on.

Countless of emotions came rushing in at the sight of her in flesh facing him. A sincere smile graced his features as he said the others that were true, “I love you.”

That’s what they lacked, the frequency to remind each other regarding how they feel towards each other, love.

again, this is what I think of the story. The reason I chose the 'Go Back To The Past' ending is simply cause I like it.