It's complicated

Complications

 

 

A/N: Drabble set fanfic~ 


 

There’s always a competition

It’s unavoidable when two friends find themselves in a position that needed them to be in opposite sides of the equation. They are both smart and talented individuals: a so called master of the vocal chords, and an absolute charmer. In any case, they still belonged to one group, although one of them was part of the original group while the other was just added in the end. Despite being two different souls, they managed to be best friends: a hyung that acts like a weirdo and a maknae that is too mature for his own good.

 

Voices

It’s a given: they are bound to get along when it comes to music. The two have different voices but in the end, they blended well with each other. Adding Ryeowook along, the three have been the best three voices of the group.

“you know, I really love Ryeowook’s voice”

Sungmin smiled as he sat between Kyuhyun and Yesung for lunch. Ryeowook entered with bowls of food and smiled at his hyung.

“thank you Minnie”

There were clouds of disappointment hanging in both Yesung’s and Kyuhyun’s head: they may not say it, but it’s written all over their face: they like the bunny princess.

 

Rooms

When Super junior finally got their big break and garnered a lot of attention, they were given better dorms: this means that they could get better spaces for their accumulating fan gifts, growing wardrobes and a decent kitchen.

It was decided that they’ll be drawing lots for the room assignments: first round is for which floor they will occupy and the next round is for the room to occupy.

“aww.. 12? Hyukkie?”

Donghae asked his boyfriend and the latter frowned and answered 11. Donghae quickly cried and hugged the boyfriend.

“we.. hyukkie.. how can you be so far..”
Leeteuk rolled his eyes and dragged the fishy off of Eunhyuk and walked up to the twelfth floor, Donghae was screaming loudly.

The 11th floor dwellers entered their dorm and dumped all their stuff in the middle of the room. Ryeowook grabbed some paper and scribbled something on it.

“here, for the room assignments”

Each one grabbed a piece and their fates were decided: Yesung and Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and Sungmin and Eunhyuk will be occupying the smallest room on his own.

Kyuhyun was extremely happy, yesung and Sungmin were not.

“wookie.. I wanted to be your room mate.. we’ll talk about those.. you know..”

Sungmin pouted at Ryeowook and the latter meekly laughed at the hyung.

“it’s ok.. we’ll find time to do it.”

Yesung was a little frustrated and Kyuhyun was a little hurt.

 

 

Fanservice

What the fans want, they have to give: and if it means being a couple for them, then they’ll probably do that as well.

“Kyumin is a pretty good pairing and the fans want Eunhae..”

Their manager started and Donghae jumped high in the air as he heard eunhae, they can finally hold hands and kiss and whatever, their fans would love it and they will have a good time.

“ok.. well hanchul.. no sihanchul.. then yewook and kangteuk.”

“hey.. what about me?”

Shindong asked the manager but all he received was shrugging shoulders for an answer.
“oh well.. I guess we’ll be stuck forever..”

Yesung said as he grab Ryeowook by the hand and pulled him out of the room. Kyuhyun was rejoicing and Sungmin was a bit happy with the fanservice, but it was half-hearted: he liked the idea of having to be a couple, but he wanted to be with someone.. unfortunately it was not Kyuhyun.

 

 

Tears

Yesung was always misunderstood for being weird and clumsy and all the negative stuff people can think of him. if there was a good side to him, it’ll only be the fact that he had an amazing voice. No one knew what yesung was thinking and his cloud of mystery covered the true identity of the master; except for his roommate.

“henry? Ah.. I so miss you… when are you coming back?”

Yesung can hear Ryeowook on the phone with the Canadian Maknae.

“really? I’m so glad… ah.. bring me some of those Mochi then! Bye Ai ni!”

Ryeowook ended the call and turn to sit on his bed. He was surprised to see the roommate staring back at him with tears in his eyes.

“what’s wrong hyung?”

Yesung was silent and Ryeowook approached him.

“you! What are you doing? Hurting Minnie by dating Henry?”

Yesung asked bitterly and Ryeowook laughed a little.

“is it funny wookie? Heartbreaker!”

“you got it all wrong Hyung. I’m not hurting Minnie.. he’s in love with someone else.”

Ryeowook wiped the tears off of Yesung’s face and smiled back at him.

“I’ve been with henry for so long and Minnie even helped us get together.”
Yesung sighed and rested his head on Ryeowook’s lap.

“you said he’s in love with someone else?”

Ryeowook said a soft yes and hummed a lullaby.
-=-=-=

Sungmin was a little worried when he saw Yesung’s pale face during rehearsal. He can’t find sleep and so he decided to check up on the member.

“where are you going?”

Kyuhyun asked and Sungmin replied bathroom. Kyuhyun let Sungmin go although he knew it was a lie for he knew he’ll be checking up on Yesung. As Sungmin peeked into the bedroom, he saw Yesung gently sleeping on Ryeowook’s lap. He felt hurt and dejected as tears silently fall down his red cheeks. He walked away and went straight to bed covering his head with blankes and muffling his sobs with a pillow.

 

Confrontation part 1

Sungmin sat by his usual place in the dinner table and stirred the coffee in his mug. Ryeowook noticed him and handed him the waffles he just made.

“I’m trying this recipe for Henry.. what do you think?”

Ryeowook sweetly smiled but Sungmin walked away. Ryeowook was confused but he shrugged it off. Sungmin then returned his face all red and tears were on his eyes.

“you! How dare you steal my man! I trusted you and you started flirting with him?”

Sungmin shouted at Ryeowook and the latter was taken by surprise.

“what?”

That was all Ryeowook can say.

“don’t what me! So you decided to make an OT3? Like oh.. let’s forget sungmin, he has Kyuhyun already..”

‘no.. you misunderstood..”

“oh yeah.. this is the part where you would say that because you got caught red handed! I watch movies too you know and these alibis.. they’re useless.”

“but you really misunderstood!”

“ah.. trying to get out of a situation with those silly lines.. it won’t get to me!”

“are you done?”

Ryeowook was fed up with the tantrum.

“no I’m not done yet!”
Sungmin retaliated and started speaking again

“I entrusted you my secret and when my back is turned, you go and steal him away? He’s the only person I loved and you deprive me of the opportunity to feel loved.. and what about Henry? Cheating on him? breaking his poor heart? Wookie How could you do this?”

Sungmin fell on the floor crying like Cinderella when her stepmother locked her up on a cellar. Ryeowook just stared at him.

“this is the part where you laugh loudly and then mock me..”

Sungmin said and Ryeowook raised an eyebrow as he cross his arms.

“practicing for a drama Sungmin?”

Sungmin nodded and Ryeowook laughed out loud as he help Sungmin stand up.

“pretty amazing acting skills..”

Ryeowook hugged the friend.

“but you really misunderstood, I’m not going out with Yesung hyung, I was just comforting him on his bad day. As a roommate it is my utmost duty to ensure Yesung hyung is always happy. You also want Yesung hyung to be happy right?”

Sungmin nodded his head.

“so will you let me eat those waffles?”

Ryeowook laughed some more and handed him a plate of warm waffles and maple syrup.

“Henry sent that, you may want to try it out.”

“thank you so much!”

All this time, Kyuhyun was hiding by the kitchen door looking at the two and his heart was beating fast, but it was not love. He entered the kitchen and asked for breakfast, Ryeowook handed him a plate and left the two to talk.

“Sungmin, do me a favor.”

Kyuhyun said and Sungmin was surprised but nodded. All of the sudden, Kyuhyun kissed him, Yesung was about to eat breakfast when he saw the two kiss, he walked away.

 

Confrontation part 2

Sungmin broke off and spank Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun smiled and he deserved it.

“what do you think of me?”

Sungmin was furious.

“I needed to determine if I really love you. Did you felt anything?”

Kyuhyun asked and Sungmin shook his head.

“same here. I thought I love you, but it’s just infatuation..”

“are you ok Kyu?”

Sungmin thoughtfully asked and Kyuhyun nodded.

“I now know who I truly love, it’s mimi..”

“I’m happy for you..”

Kyuhyun shook his head.

“you should chase your own happiness.”

Kyuhyun handed the script for Hongildon and Sungmin nodded.

-=-
Yesung sat on the rooftop admiring the pale blue sky. It’s a perfect day for confessing as Yesung stare at Timex watch he bought for Sungmin. He sighed and closed his eyes as a cool breeze blew.

“hey!”

Yesung opened his eyes and saw Sungmin sitting beside him.

“nice watch.”

Sungmin pointed to the watch Yesung was holding and he quickly hid it in his pocket.

“what brings you here?”

Yesung asked, trying to hide all the hurt and pain in his voice. Sungmin smiled and handed him the script.

“manager Hyung gave it to me, he said that I’ll be playing one of the major roles in this musical.”

“congratulations.”
Sungmin blushed and Yesung started reading the script.

“good stuff Sungmin, it’ll be very fitting for you to play one of the characters, with your background on martial arts.”

Yesung smiled at the younger man.

“I want you to do the play with me.. manager hyung asked me to look for another member who would play the lead and..”

Sungmin was very excited about the idea of doing a musical with Yesung but Yesung wasn’t.

“nah.. Kyuhyun would be more fitting.. his voice will be perfect with yours and this is a serious musical, I can’t afford to do a serious role.. you know me, I’m not that type.. I’m just your usual, trying hard turtle boy.”

Yesung handed the script back and walked out, leaving Sungmin there, sitting at the roof top as heavy clouds roll by; Soon it was starting to rain hard. Yesung took out his mug and started making coffee: the bitter drink that soothes his torn soul. The bitterness was comforting, it was warm and relaxing.

“oi.. have you guys seen sungmin?”

Kyuhyun asked everyone in the 11th floor dorm when his roommate failed to return for dinner, and it’s already 10pm. The rain has been pouring endless for 5 hours and Sungmin hasn’t returned either. Everyone shook their head.

“yesung, have you seen him?”

“last time I saw him was on the roof top handing me some script I turned down.”

Yesung said coldly as he sipped his coffee. Kyuhyun saw red and knocked the mug off of Yesung’s hands, breaking and spilling coffee all over the kitchen floor. Kyuhyun took Yesung by the collar and threatened him.

“how dare you turn Sungmin down? You broke his precious heart! I’m gonna kill you!”

Yesung broke off from the hold and spat at Kyuhyun.

“you two are together right? Happy with it Kyu? You tasted his lips a while ago right? Does Mimi taste better than Minnie?”

That’s it, friendship over. Kyuhyun punched Yesung squarely on the face.

“you stupid fool! Sungmin loved you for so long and he wanted to confess to you and you turn him down? He was supposed to play the lead but decided to give you the part for he knew you wanted more face time.. he wanted to be the one behind you, supporting you. It hurts when you have to go with Ryeowook for fanservice. Sungmin cried endlessly for he can’t hug you like Ryeowook, he can’t kiss you Siwon. He even wanted to write fan fiction since he was disappointed when he found almost nothing with your pairing!”

“stop it.. stop the lies!”

Yesung doesn’t want to hear any of it. He walked out of the kitchen and back to his room. Just then Sungmin entered the dorm soaking wet and shivering in the cold as he clutched on the script he cares for so much. Kyuhyun was first to greet him and Sungmin instantly collapsed into his waiting arms. Ryeowook checked his temperature and found that he has a fever.

“Yesung..”

Sungmin muttered in his sleep. He was being delirious as he slips in and out of consciousness.

“call him please, I can’t stand this anymore.”

Kyuhyun said to Ryeowook who nodded and left the room. He returned moments later, dragging Yesung into the room. Kyuhyun and eunhyuk left with Ryeowook and they locked the door. The lights were dimmed and all that yesung can see is the lump on the bed.

“Kyuhyun..”

Sungmin started and it broke Yesung’s heart

“I guess I can’t chase happiness.. Yesung is too far to reach.. I’m just not capable enough.. tell manager hyung I won’t do the play anymore.. I can’t in this condition.”

Sungmin started to cry.

“please convince Yesung to take the part.. he is perfect for it don’t you think. I saved the script give it to him.. and this..  he left it a while ago.”

Sungmin took out a watch from his pocket and extended his hand to give it to Yesung.

“Kyuhyun this is expensive and it belongs to Yesung’s first love. Such a sentimental guy.. even engraving saranghae on the back of the watch. Lucky guy, Yesung must really love him...”

Just then Sungmin felt a hand grabbing the watch and wearing it on him. He felt warm breath near him and he closed his eyes.

“you are the lucky guy Sungmin.”

Yesung whispered in his ears and a second later, Sungmin felt warm lips on his. His heartbeat rose a thousand times faster and his impulse told him to deepen the kiss. It was magical and perfect despite not seeing each other; their hearts were connected and even if all their senses were gone, their hearts will lead them to each other. It was just like the movies.. that was before Donghae abruptly entered the room, opened the lights and jumped on the bed.

The rest of the 11th floor dwellers tried to stop him but it was too late.

“oops..”

Donghae said as he slipped off of the bed; Yesung, Sungmin and the rest stared at him.


“oh.. don’t mind me.. I’m sorry.. go on.. Hyukkie.. I think we need to talk..”

Donghae run towards the lover and the next thing that everyone heard was the swearing in Eunhyuk’s room.

“oh.. I think we should leave these two alone.”

Heechul said as he winked at Sungmin. Leeteuk ordered everyone to leave the two alone.

Yesung looked at Sungmin lovingly and kissed him again.

“would you mind if I play the lead role?”

Yesung asked and Sungmin shook his head cutely.

“then would you be willing to do the musical with me?”

Yesung asked and Sungmin had his game face on.

“are you proposing to me?”

“You accepted the watch..”

“so are we a couple?”

“do you want to be my boyfriend?”

“do you love me?”

“I think you love me..”

The two was surprised when they heard Kyuhyun shout from behind the door.

“stop all this crap and just do it!”

The two laughed. Yesung sat on the bed and rested his back on the wall; Sungmin rested his head on Yesung’s lap.

“sing for me Yesung.”

“call me Sungie”

“say my name first?”

Minnie marry me, odoroita kimi ga
Totemo Kirei sa

Yesung tried his best to sing in Japanese and Sungmin gave out a chuckle.

“Saranghae..”

Sungmin muttered before he closed his eyes and Yesung replied.

“aieru”

Sungmin smiled and Yesung sang him a love song as he gently Sungmin’s soft black hair.

 


A/N: Sorry of this is  just plain random XD