Your Nickname. My Nickname.

Your Nickname. My Nickname

 

It’s your birthday!

Again.

And as usual, no one even seemed to remember or cared. Well, except for your parents who are working abroad, your brother who is now a college student and your everlasting friends (ELFS!) – China, Minyoung and Maddie.

And did I mention today is also the “Distribution of Report Cards”?

What a horrible life!

You mustered a sigh as you walked to school.

You already know that you got a low grade in Steno but based from your test results and performance, you improved by a few points.

Biology – check!

English – check!

Math – fail! Wait…no…scratch that! You’ll probably get a grade of 83 and above because you did well this quarter (high recitation points and ONLY 1 failed quiz!)

And…ahh…MaPeH. From a grade of 94, you’re expecting that you’ll get an 87. Why? Because of that DARN PE PRACTICAL TEST – the AEROBICS DANCE EXERCISE. Your group wasn’t able to present because of some “dance difficulties”.

“If only Maddie sent me the song! If only Minyoung practiced with me! If only…AAARRGGHHH!!!”

 

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

-LAST SUBJECT BEFORE DISTRIBUTION OF CARDS: PE-

You let out a sarcastic, “Yay!”

During your PE time, your whole batch is present. You can spend time with China during PE as she is unfortunately from the other section.

“Hi China!”

“Hello Che –“

“Hello Chenisse!” said by an annoying voice.

You turned around and saw him.

Great! Him again!, you thought.

And that him is the worst person on Earth – Seungri.

He has been your crush ever since you can remember. You thought that all the qualities of a perfect boyfriend is in him. Yes…you thought.

Seungri” then you rolled your eyes on him. “So as I was saying…China! Have you heard about the latest book? It’s called “The –“

“The Third Wheel Yes I have heard about it” Seungri answered and then he smirked. HE and HIS KILLER SMIRK. -//////-

“I’m not talking to you” you said while hiding the feels.

“You are!”

“NO I’M NOT!”

“YES, YOU ARE!”

“NO I’M – UGH!!! JUST SHUT UP SEUNGHYUN!”

“Oh, so we’re in first name basis right now” he chuckled.

Before you answered, the teacher called the class’ attention. During the whole PE time, you did your best to ignore him but his killer smirk still remains in your head.

 

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

- DISTRIBUTION OF CARDS -

Biology – 89

English – 88

Math – 83 (see?)

MaPeH – 86 (A point lower than you expected)

 

 You heave a sigh as you walked on the sidewalk towards to your house. With your stomach growling and your mind racing, you only thought of one thing – THEIR REACTION.

Hans oppa will be disappointed. So will my parents….

You dwelled on that melancholic moment and on your stomach for seconds until Seungri came jogging after you.

“Hey!” shouted Seungri.

You still ignored him as you walked a little faster.

“Chenie! Wait up!”

It occurred to you, that it’s the first time in ages he has called you by your nickname not by Chenisse.

“Since when did you start calling me Chenie?!” you asked him while still trying to get away from him. But unfortunately or fortunately, he caught up.

“Since now” the he smirked again.

Your face is heating up again but you don’t let him see that.

“So…” he started.

“So what?” you said in your usual annoyed voice.

“Do you like to eat somewhere?”

Do you like to eat somewhere? Did he just asked me that?!, you kept repeating in your head.

Days ago, he’s treating you like a peasant and made fun of you in every corner of the school and now he’s asking you to eat with him somewhere?!

This person asking you to eat with him is your crush slash bully. And it is very weird that he just popped out of nowhere and asked you that question. And the main thing is….

YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Your mind is racing and your heart is throbbing. And the next thing you know, you’re panicking.

“Are you okay?”

He just noticed you.

And you want to kill yourself for that fact.

“Yeah” you replied in your casual tone even though you’re obviously NOT.

“So…your answer?”

And now he’s acting nice and polite.

THE TOTAL OPPOSITE OF HIM.

But you guessed that eating with him is not bad since your tummy is now growling like a tiger.

And now you made your decision.

You whispered “Fine” softly yet he still heard you.

“What again?” he pretended not to hear.

“YES YES I WANT TO EAT SOMEWHERE! GET IT?!” you shouted.

He chuckled, “Okay! Fine. Fine. Let’s go eat somewhere.”

“Your treat?”you asked.

“Yeah sure”

Then a mischievous idea popped into your head.

“Since you asked me to eat with you, I’m going to pick the place”

“WHAT?!” he said, shocked.

“Take it or leave it” you offered in a gangster voice.

“Fine. Fine. Pick the place” he said in a casual tone even though you can see that he’s pissed.

And this marks your lucky day.

 

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

- AT CHILI’S –

“So you chose Chili’s of all places?!” Seungri asked you.

“Yeah. What’s the problem with that?” You argued back.

“Nothing.” He said in a calm tone while keeping his straight face on.

So what’s wrong him?

“Time to order!” He cleared his throat and a waiter came dashing to us.

“Yes, sir?” the waiter asked.

“I would like to order a carbonara and an iced tea – bottomless. How about you Chenie?”

How about you Chenie?, his voiced echoed in your head.

He said my nickname twice now….

“You can order anything you like” Seungri assured you.

“I..uhh…Babyback ribs and a bottomless iced tea too.”

“Rice or mashed potatoes?”

“Rice” So it can satisfy your stomach.

“That’s all?” the waiter asked again.

“Ye –“

“Yes. That would be all. Thanks!”

Seungri cut you off.

As soon as the waiter went away, Seungri turned to you and said, “Babyback ribs? Seriously, Chenie. Are you that hungry to order an EXPENSIVE babyback ribs?!”

“Well, yeah. And you asked me to order anything I like. So, face it Seunghyun.” And you stuck your tongue out.

*After 15 minutes*

The food has arrived at last!!!

You started chomping on your babyback ribs while Seungri smoothly engulfed his carbonara.

For a while, you didn’t care about Seungri or anybody except for your babyback ribs with rice and a bottomless iced tea.

*************

Seungri finished first, of course. He took a last gulp of his iced tea and refilled it again for the sixth time.

“You’re really a fan of iced tea, aren’t you?” you told him.

“And you’re really a fan of babyback ribs, aren’t you?” he shot back. DIRECT HIT!

“Tch, whatever” then you proceeded to clean the ribs of its remaining meat with your mouth.

“Wait! Stop, Chenie!”

You stopped.

He took his white handkerchief out then…then…

YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!

He leaned forward to you and wiped your left cheek. Your eyes were wide as an owl (and as wide as D.O’s XD)and your lungs stopped breathing because you didn’t expect that to happen.

Feels are coming back again. Feels are coming back again.

You tried your best to regain your regular breathing. But once you inhaled, you can smell his cologne. And no matter how hard you try to dismiss the thought of it, it just keeps stronger. The scent of his cologne is not strong enough and somehow, you like it. You want to wear it every day. And you want to be near to the guy who wears it every day…

“Wait here. I’m going to get the bill”

“Wait – “ but he left already.

You started to wonder why he went to the cashier if you can just call a waiter then get the bill. You checked on him and you’re surprised to see him looking at you too. Then, he smirked.

THAT KILLER SMIRK AGAIN!

You looked away now. Maybe your cherry tomato cheeks would get his attention this time. But as you reached your bag, a loud voice erupted inside Chili’s.

“HEY EVERYBODY! IT’S CHENIE’S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!” a waiter shouted.

Then the whole crew of Chili’s went to your table and placed a sundae ice cream in front of you.

“Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Biiiiiirthday! Happy Biiiiiirthday! Happy Birthday Chenie!”

“Now, let’s give a hand for the birthday girl!” Seungri shouted. Then the people inside Chili’s clapped.

Then it hit you.

He knows today is your birthday.

And you don’t know why.

You set aside this thought as you observe your sundae.

The sundae is sprinkled with some mini chocolate hearts and of course, some colorful sprinkles.

“Do you like it?” Seungri asked.

“The sundae? Yeah. It’s seems pretty delicious”

“No…the surprise greeting”

“Oh…Yeah. It’s actually the first surprise greeting I had ever received. And in my favorite restaurant, just…WOW! Thank you Seungri!”

“My pleasure” the he smiled.

It’s the first time you’ve seen him smiled (not the smirk type) for years. Yet the feeling of him knowing your birthday is worse than having nausea in a ship.

“How did you know that today’s my birthday?”
“Mmm?”

You repeated the question again.

“Ahh…uhhh…on facebook….Yeah. I saw it was your birthday on facebook.”

Oh, the I-know-it’s-your-birthday-because-facebook-says-so type of guy.

The information broke your heart but you still wondered why he surprised you.

“Well, why did you surprise me?”

“Ahh…well, I haven’t been on parties lately..uhh..so I decided to surprise you. It’s kind of a mini party.”

So he surprised me for himself…Wow, Seungri. Just, wow.

“You better eat that ice cream or it will melt”

“Help me eat it will you?”

“No”

“Come on! Just one”

“No”

“Tch. Fine” You ate your ice cream then you saw him looking at you eating it. His mouth was half open and that’s when you decided to surprise him too…BY SHOVING A SPOONFUL OF ICE CREAM IN HIS MOUTH.

“What the –“

“That’s for not helping me finish this ice cream” you said.

Then he shoved a spoonful of ice cream in your mouth too

“That’s for being such a talker”

And when you started to get another spoon, you realized it’s empty already.

Seungri did actually helped you.

 

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

- AT THE PARK –

“Why are we here?” you asked Seungri.

“Well, it’s a shortcut to your house, right?”

“Yes. But I do not walk here especially this late” It was 7:30 pm.

“Well, you have me with you” he said.

And your heart skipped a beat.

You tried to move that thought by thinking about your birthday gifts. You then started counting o –

Wait.

You don’t have any. 3

But you sum up your courage to ask Seungri if he has a birthday gift for you for your last resort. You don’t know what has gotten into you yet you asked him, “Uh..Seungri? I know you gave me a surprise birthday party but….uhhh….do you have any gift for me?”

Then after you said the words for me you shut your mouth up with your hands.

Stupid! Stupid! Do you actually think he has one for you?! Stupid! Stupid!

“Uhhh..ahhh…”

He doesn’t have any.

“It’s okay. I understand. You made this day special anyway”

Another STUPID slip

You can’t take the embarrassment anymore you decided to walk faster than Seungri. Then suddenly, your head started spinning.

Your migraine.

But you ignored it and started walking. But you noticed that you cannot walk straight anymore. Your body sways as you walk in the park.

“CHENIE!”, you heard him shout.

He ran towards you and faces you.

“Are you okay? Are you mad at me?” he asked worriedly.

You laughed.

Your migraine is now gone.

“Yeah. I’m okay! And no, I’m not mad at you. Just walk me home, Seungri” you told him.

You walked again, straight this time. But Seungri is still standing at the same spot.

“Chenie?” he said while walking towards you.

You stopped and turned to face him.

“Yes, Seungri?”

“May I ask you a question” he’s now half a foot in front of you.

He’s being polite again.

“Yes, you’re already asking, by the way” you chuckled a little.

He smiled for the second time and bit his lip.

“I just want to know if there’s something between you and Jonghyun…you know, relationship thing?” he asked nervously and you don’t know why.

“Me? Jonghyun? What the - ?! No way!!! We’re friends but –“

For the second time today, you were cut off by Seungri.

But this time, it wasn’t his words that cut you off.

It was his lips.

He kissed you gently but passionately.

It was long enough to let you remember the first time you’ve seen him.

You were a transferee and sitting at the corridors is a simple looking guy with a jet black hair. The guy that you never thought to say “hi” to you even though he doesn’t know you or even yet, kiss you inside the park late at night with the two of you alone and nobody was there to witness the spectacular moment both of you had.

Of course.

That moment was ONLY for both of you.

He pulled away first.

He took a deep breath and said, “Okay. I lied about a lot of things today. And the past few years too… I actually know today is your birthday, November 27. I planned all of this to happen but not including you picking out Chili’s” he smiled at the ground “I planned this walk in the park. I PLANNED EVERYTHING because today, I can’t control myself. During the past years, I was able to tease you without feeling anything but now…*sighs* A lot has changed, Chenie. Even me. Yes I can tease you without feeling anything even though you’re my crush because I just want your attention. You never talk to me or even just approach me to ask some stupid question. I can’t help that feeling without you noticing me. It’s just that…I LOVE YOU”

You stared at him. You cannot believe what’s happening. It’s like everything just happened in a blur. In a blur of Seungri….

He continued, “I loved you from the very moment I said hi. I continued loving you for years. And I chose today to confess that love for you. I love you, Chenie. Even though you’re snobbish sometimes, I still love you. I will love you always and forever, Chenie…..”

He began singing the chorus from White Love…

Saehayan nuni gadeuk ssahyeoitgo haneuren gureumdeuri chumchuneun got
Neowa hamkkeramyeon eodideun Love Love Love yeah
Maeil saedeuri norae bureugo kkotteuri uril bomyeo miso jitneun got
Nawa hamkkeramyeon eodideun Love Love Love Love

And ended it with, “Please be mine?”

You stood there, emotionless outside and emotional inside. Why is he doing this to me?

Your bully who was your crush has been your admirer from far away ever since he first saw you.

You started to respond, but your words are stuck in your mouth and your head started to spin again.

You tried again but you haven’t said the first word and you almost collapsed.

Your vision is blurry and you feel like floating, not touching the rough ground.

You close your eyes and mustered with all your strength to say,

“I’m already yours, Seungri”

You opened your eyes and saw him face to face – just centimeters apart from each other. He’s carrying you. And that explains why you haven’t touched the ground. You smiled at him and he smiled back.

“Let’s go home, shall we?” he said.

You stood up but Seungri didn’t allow you to.

“You might get dizzy again. Come here.”

You went to Seungri and he gave you a piggyback ride.

“Rest your head on my shoulders and try to sleep. You seriously have the worse migraine ever.” He chuckled. You did what you were told and you were comfortable with it.

“Good night, Chenie. Saranghae…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

*beep beep beep beep*

You rubbed your eyes as your clock started beeping.

6:30 am | November 27

Wait!

You checked your clock again.

It’s not the fact that it is 6:30 already when you have to go to school by 7.

It is the date.

THE DATE.

It’s your birthday!

Again.

So it means that……you and Seungri aren’t……..

REAL.

You loved that dream so much you wanted to stay there forever. You loved that dream because your love of your life is there.

It was so PERFECT!

Yes….was.

A dream is just a dream, I guess, you sighed as you got out of bed.

By the time you were in front of the mirror, you realized that you’re still in your school uniform.

Weird.

You took a bath and changed your clothes.

You went down to see Hans oppa as you haven’t seen him in a while these days.

“Oppa! Oppa! Oppa?”

You saw a note on top of the dining table. Hans oppa left early again.

It said:

”Dongsaeng, somebody’s looking for you. I don’t know his name but he said he’ll stay outside the house until you wake up. And oh, belated happy birthday!!! – Hans oppa”

Wait.

Belated? So it means that my birthday is finished?!

*doorbell rings and a knock*

It’s still early. Who could that be?

You went to the door and opened it.

A sweet and romantic kiss greeted you.

You were shocked and taken aback by that action.

You rubbed your eyes and blinked them at least 10 times to see if it’s really true.

And it is.

“Good morning, Chenisse”

It was Seungri – the guy of your dreams and also the guy in your dreams.

He smirked and suddenly your cheeks became cherry red.

“You don’t remember a thing from last night?” he asked.

Last night? What happened last night?.....Oh, last night.

The memories suddenly flashed in your mind and paused for a long time in the memory in the park.

And without thinking, you suddenly kissed him.

You pulled away first and Seungri was speechless.

You said with a smile, “Yes, I did remember last night, Seunghyun. Let’s go to school now”

You dragged Seungri, still speechless, towards school and towards a fun-filled romantic relationship.