Eun Ae's Perspective

Dreamscape

 

The sun was at the brink of dusk. And the sunset was ever breathtaking.

 

It was strange.

 

It felt nostalgic but I kept thinking I have never seen such a sight before. It didn’t make any sense. It was like I’d lost my memories. At some point, I remembered fragments only to have them fly completely out of reach. Everything seemed so surreal yet so real altogether.

 

Where am I?

 

I looked around.

 

In front of me, I saw what seemed like an endless gate. It towered over me with its festive radiance, enveloping every nook and cranny. What lay beyond it were lofty trees shrouded in darkness; a picture which hinted the nothingness of the world behind it.

 

Far behind me were dozens of machineries, twirling, swinging, and revolving, here and there. There were also a variety of stalls for foods, beverages, stuffed animals, balloons, and other items. It wasn’t particularly noisy or silent, for that matter. But, one could sense the presence of a crowd though there wasn’t a single person in sight.

 

I am in an amusement park.

 

I then looked down and examined my clothing. I was wearing a white lace, austere yet chic dress matched with a black ribbon belt and a pair of black glitter pumps. My eyes stared at my outfit in dismay. Being so … stylish is very unlike me.  I usually would not dress like this. Or would I?

 

“Eun Ae!”

 

I lifted my head to the deep voice that carried my name and saw a boy running towards me from the front gate.

 

Chanyeol?

 

Park Chanyeol? The guy I had liked the moment I stepped into university? The flawless musician who managed to melt my heart with that deep, husky voice of his? The much loved person in our campus? My unreachable star? That Chanyeol?

 

It is impossible.

 

Yet, he is here.

 

Standing right in front of me now.

 

Waiting for a response.

 

“I … Umm … Pardon?” I stammered, confused.

 

“I wanted to know if you waited long … ?” Chanyeol repeated.

 

“Oh. Aniya. I … didn’t,” I instinctively said.

 

“Really? That’s great! Still, I’m sorry. I came across this cat along the way, so I …” he trailed off. Then, he held my hand and led me to the nearest attraction.

 

“Let’s go!” he said as he showed off those perfect white teeth of his.

 

I was taken quite aback. Both from the warm feel of his hand in mine and the sparks of electricity that accompanied it. I never thought I would get to hold his hand, his hand with those intricate perfect fingers that I am so used to see playing the guitar, yet he was the one who held mine.

 

We went from stall to stall and checked out different foodstuffs and challenges. When Chanyeol tried that game wherein he has to knock out this bottle-made pyramid, he nailed it the first time he threw.

 

“Here,” he said with a bashful smile, “I’d like you to have this.”

 

He held up a miniature white bunny with his finger.

 

My eyes widened. It was so cute!

 

“Omo! I love it! Kamsahamnida!” I exclaimed, “How did you know I’m fond of bunnies?”

 

He gave me the keychain and I looked at it on the palm of my hand with much adoration.

 

“I just knew,” he replied with a wink.

 

I could have died then and there.

 

But, luckily, I didn’t because we were about to go for one more ride on the so-called ‘wave swinger’. It’s an attraction where chairs are suspended in mid-air on chains from the carousel’s spinning top.

 

The top started moving. My feet were dangling in the air. Soon, it went faster and faster. It was only until I was back on land when I felt a sudden wave of dizziness wash over me. I usually am not this delicate. Odd. I always knew I had fervor as much as adrenaline is concerned. Well, everything that had happened and I had seen up until now was peculiar. And my date with Park Chanyeol was not an exception, despite myself. So, why be surprised now?

 

“Gwaenchanayo?” Chanyeol asked with a concerned look on his face, “You don’t look so good,” His hand went on my forehead, “And you’re burning up!”

 

Before I knew it, he hoisted me up into his arms and carried me to the nearest park bench. He let me lie there with my head resting on his lap. My eyes went straight into his and I was startled of what I saw there.

 

A certain blaze was smoldering in his eyes.

 

 “Eun Ae, I think you should let me catch your cold,” his voice deeper than usual.

 

“Chanyeol … You …”

 

Without another word, he leaned in on me. I knew where this was leading. And so did my heart. For it started going on a hundred and fifty miles per hour. Though I wasn’t certain how I knew about that.

 

His warmth.

 

His scent.

 

His face.

 

His impeccably glorious face.

 

And his lips.

 

His lips were only inches from mine.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

And then I woke up.

 

I opened my eyes to a white room. Everything was white: the curtains, the walls, the ceiling, the floor, the pillows and blankets. And there was a distinct odor to it.

 

I’m in the infirmary.

 

And I found myself face to face with a familiar boy I felt like I’d known all my life, his eyes just as wide as mine.

 

His lips just as close.

 

“I … Uhh … I can explain! I just … I wanted to know if you’re still breathing! You’ve been quite still for a while now …” he reasoned and went beet red, “Wait. That didn’t sound right …” he muttered, “I was just making sure if you’re still feverish. Yes. That’s it!” he said with finality.

 

“Chanyeol . . .” I whispered.

 

Then, I broke out into a giggle.

 

It had all seemed too dreamlike yet so real at the same time. And Park Chanyeol really was here. By my side. I cannot believe it. Though I’m determined that I really couldn’t care less about how or why he’s here – Does it matter? I mean, he’s really here! – my curiosity got the best of me.

 

“Umm … Not to be rude, but I was just wondering about why I am here …?” I said.

 

“Oh. I saw you walking on campus when you fainted all of a sudden. You were burning up. So, I carried you to the infirmary. The nurse seemed to be out. I wanted to wait until you woke up because I know I can’t just leave you here …” he replied with a sheepish grin.

 

So, there was still some truth to that dream.

 

“Gwaenchanayo?” Chanyeol asked yet ‘again’ with that concerned look on his face.

 

I was stunned for a second.

 

When I regained composure, I responded, “Gwaenchana!” with a big smile on my face.

 

He returned the gesture with the sweetest smile I’ve always seen him wear, “Glad to hear.”

 

Both of us sat there in silence. Until he cleared his throat and spoke, “You’re Shin Eun Ae, am I right?”

 

I nodded in response, utterly speechless of the fact that he knows my name.

 

He continued, “Umm … This might be quite random. But, my sister gave me this keychain and I was wondering if you’d like to have it.” His expression was hopeful.

 

Miraculously enough, he held the same miniature white bunny with the same finger he used in the dream.

 

“I … love it! Kamsahamnida!” I beamed, thinking of how dreams really do come true.

 


 

 

~

A/N:

I am also planning on writing another oneshot with the same story line, but, this time, it's fixed on Chanyeol's perspective. Please do leave a message or comment below.

Thank you!