Our Love Should Go On

Best Memories (One-shot)

Plip plop Plip Plop

They heard as the rain fell outside the coffee shop. It was a rainy night and the girls had gotten a sudden craving for hot chocolate as they had headed over to their favorite coffee shop just below their dorm. It was better than sitting in their dorms all day being bored thinking of their boyfriends who they hadn’t seen it a while because of their busy schedules.

“Jae-ah!” Ki said to her best friend, Lee Jae Song, who seemed to spacing out for the moment staring outside at the rain. ”Are you still with me?”

“Hmm?”  Jae looked over and blinked at Ki. “Mianhae, Ki. I was just thinking about something.” She sipped her hot chocolate

“Haha, no need to apologize,” Ki laughed. “Was it something or someone . . . like Onew oppa? “

“Hmm, both I think it was both. Haha” Jae laughed.

“Haha, I knew it. About what?” Ki asked.  Jae looked at Ki, her best friend and her boyfriend’s best friend’s girlfriend, she was a funny girl, she was always curious to what Jae was thinking.

“Just Memories.”  Jae said.

“Memories with Onew, right?”

“You make it sound like I think about Onew all the time.”

“Well I think you do, 24/7 Onew is your heaven!”  Ki laughed again.

“Like you think of Jonghyun any less.”

“True True.” Ki smiled, her eyes twinkling. She was totally head over heels for that boy but Jae couldn’t say much less she was head over heels for Onew.  

“Hmm, Jae-ah what is your best memory with Onew oppa? “  Ki asked.  Jae looked at her, and smiled.

“There are many.” Jae said and sipped her hot chocolate. “But if I had to think of just one I think it is the one that was on a night much like tonight.”

“Do tell.” Ki said, intrigued and waiting for a story just like a little kid.

“Ok, I will.” Jae start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So it was much like a night tonight, but it didn’t start out like that, I was pretty clear night in the beginning of the day. So Onew and I decide to go on a date.  There was a festival in town just near the river so we decide to go there.

“Jae, hurry up.” Onew stopped walking and called. I was too busy looking up at the sky, it was starting to get dark and cloudy so I began to worry because we hadn’t brought an umbrella.

“Onew oppa. It looks like it’s going to rain.”  I said still walking towards him, still looking up. As I got closer to him, I looked at. He held out his hand to me.

“Jae, I promise you it won’t rain on us.” He said with his smooth, emotional voice.  I took his hand and we were off to the fair.  There were so many games and rides; we did pretty much all of them.  It was after a while of having fun that I began to look at the sky again it was much darker now.

“Onew, I think we should go home now.” I said pointing at the sky. He looked up and laughed.

“It’s alright, it won’t rain.” He smiled. That same smile I could never resist and started to lead me to another game.

“STEP RIGHT UP STEP RIGHT UP! Try your luck at the game Bull’s eye! STEP RIGHT UP! And win a Prize!” the owner of the booth called. “You two there.” He said pointing at me and Onew. “Try your luck boy, and win this lovely lady a prize” The man said, giving Onew a dart. “First try is free.”

“Haha ok, I shall.” Onew said taking the dart. Onew threw it at the bull’s eye and missed.  I giggled as he stepped down with his oh well look.

“Haha, young man good try. But I see you love this girl very much and I’m feeling generous, so here have a second free try.” The man said giving Onew another dart.

“Haha thank you, and yes I do love her very much.” Onew said. He got up to try again.

“Well, then use that love to make a bull’s eye, boy!” The man said. Onew got ready to throw and pulled back and shoot it hit it directly. A Bull’s eye!

“We have a WINNER!” The man shouted and from the counter he pulled out a long silver box and handed it to Onew.  “Good Job, boy. Make sure you take care of that lady there, she seems very special to you.”  

“Thank you very much, sir. I will.” Onew said taking the box and grabbing my hand as we walked off together.

“Hmm, oppa what’s in the box?” I asked as we walked away.

“Not sure.” He responded, peeking into the box. He closed it and smiled. Then he grabbed my hand and started to run I followed him until he stopped beside the river. He turned to look at me the lights of the fair behind me glistening in his eyes.   

“Lee Jae Song,” He started.

“Yes, Lee Jin Ki.” I said.

 “Love forever and last forever. Even if I put in my whole heart, you are something I can't catch or lose but I still like you and I still really love you. Love needs to go on like this. My Love”  He sang.

Then he opened the box and pulled out a silver bracelet that had a charm that said “My Love” on it surrounded by hearts on it. He took my wrist and put it on me.

“Oppa.” I said, on the verge of tears. Just then it started to pour down rain but at that point I didn’t care anymore.

“Saranghae, Lee Jae Song.” He sang, hugging me then kissing my now wet from rain nose.

“Saranghae, Lee Jin Ki.”  I hugged him back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Omo, so cute, Jae-ah!”  Ki said, looking like a kid in a candy store.

“Haha, it’s my best memory, it was so meaningful.”  Jae said.

“Onew oppa is great for you, world’s cutest couple.” Ki cheered.

“Haha I could say the same for you and Jonghyun oppa.” Jae laughed. “By the way, what is your best memory with Jonghyun oppa?

“Hmm, not su-.” Ki cut off, her eyes were covered by two hands. Next thing, she knew so were Jae’s.

“Saranghae. Guess who!” They both sang in unison and uncovered the girl’s eyes.

“Oppa!” Ki said jumping up and hugged Jonghyun.

“Onew oppa!” Jae said and got up and hugged Onew.

“Did you miss us?” They continued to talk in unison.

“Of course.” Ki and Jae said in unison.  They all laughed and decided to stay and chat the night away in the coffee shop.