.:Fallout - 2:.

Fallout

The nurse had long since gone home and the supervising teacher was no one to be found.  So maybe that's why Baekhyun opened his eyes to an empty classroom and Chanyeol in his personal space. "Are you okay?" Chanyeol asked and the weight of his hand once again registered and Baekhyun shook it off. "Fine." Not like you really care but he didn't say it out loud.

"My head hurts." Baekhyun reached up to rub at the back of his head and was relieved not to feel blood. Chanyeol was still staring at him when he looked back up. "You're welcome." Chanyeol sat back in the chair and flexed like he didn't know what to do with his hands. Baekhyun didn't know what to do with himself either because he really just wanted to get away.

"I didn't thank you." Baekhyun was being rude and he didn't regret it. Chanyeol wasn't smiling but for some reason that made Baekhyun feel guilty. Because everyone in the school adored Chanyeol's smile and the way his eyes sometimes twitched. He use to say he smiled so much because of Baekhyun but if that were true, they wouldn't be in here in the first place.

It was quiet in the classroom except for the ticking clock and the yelling from other students down the hall. Baekhyun can't remember Chanyeol ever being this quiet. It was odd even when Baekhyun felt disgusted by him. "Your wrists," Chanyeol nodded down to my hands fiddling with the hem of my shirt. "That's definitely not from the fall." Chanyeol sighed and Baekhyun mirrored it.

"I thought you stopped doing that to yourself." It didn't sound like a question so Baekhyun merely shrugged. It wasn't Chanyeol's business anymore as far as Baekhyun was concerned so why should he have to tell him. Though Baekhyun felt he owed Chanyeol an explanation because Chanyeol was the one who got him to stop before. Before everything went to .

"To be honest I don't remember when I started again." It was a lie but Baekhyun needed to buy some time while he came up with what to say. Chanyeol just leaned towards him and flexed again. "It was around the time you left." Baekhyun figured honesty would go farther with him than lying. Though Chanyeol did quite a bit of that while they were dating.

"Can we talk about that now? Or are we still avoiding it?" Chanyeol asked and they both glanced at the clock. It had been what seemed like forever since they could have a civil talk with each other. Though Baekhyun feels inclined to jsut walk away and finish cleaning the boards he was assigned to. Baekhyun was a runner. Everything in his life had fallen apart but the one thing that hasn't is his running away ability.

"You can start by telling me what you bought?" Baekhyun didn't make eye contact because he knew he'd crack if he did. "What do you mean?" Chanyeol asked and stared into his lap like it was the most interesting thing in the whole world. "What did you by with your consolation money?" Baekhyun didn't like the sound of the word consolation. 

"I gave it all back to Kai." Chanyeol finally looked up but Baekhyun only watched him out of the corner of his eye. "Why? You worked so damn hard for it." Bitter couldn't even begin to describe what Baekhyun felt towards Chanyeol. "I mean you had to go through a lot to keep up the lie." Baekhyun had so many things to say that he didn't know where to even start with the younger.

Chanyeol just sat there so Baekhyun continued. "Going on countless dates you never really enjoyed. Faking love, oh and don't forget sleeping with me. Oh but that was just a perk right?" Baekhyun didn't want Chanyeol to answer. Because Baekhyun didn't want to hear his voice because Chanyeol's voice makes him kind of weak in the knees even after all this time.

"Get a free booty call whenever you needed it. I bet you went back and told the others everything the morning afters. But you know, I'm not gonna stoop to your level and bet money on it." The desk he was sitting squeaked when he got up and kicked the chair a little out of the way. "Yeah it was love. But only cause you loved money and getting your wet."

Baekhyun was surprised Chanyeol sat still for so long. "Oh, so now you get all quiet?" Baekhyun tried to push away the guilty feeling trying to bubble it's way into his throat. Guilty because maybe Chanyeol was really trying hard to fix things. But Baekhyun didn't believe that because Chanyeol was a chronic liar. It just took a whole summer to figure that out.

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol's voice was soft and sounded like it did first thing in the morning. "Yeah?" Baekhyun stretched and groaned at the cramp in his leg. "Yeah." Chanyeol nodded in agreement but didn't say anything else. "We should get back." Baekhyun maneuvered around Chanyeol without touching him and headed for the door. His hand was on the door when Chanyeol spoke again.

"I'm really trying, Baek." Chanyeol looked up but his sideways smile didn't quite hit the corners of his eyes. "I know you are, but don't try too hard. After all there's no cash prize this time." It was such a low blow but Baekhyun was beyond watching his tongue around Chanyeol. Before Chanyeol opened his mouth, Baekhyun was already out the door.

 

"You look terrible." It was Saturday morning and Luhan was too loud too early. Baekhyun looked at the clock and it read almost 8 am. "Hyung, it's so early. Why are you here?" Baekhyun pulled the blankets tighter around him and fell to the side to lay on the bed. "Sehun wanted me to ask you if you want to go somewhere today. Get your mind off things."

"You mean Chanyeol?" The name still felt too heavy on Baekhyun's tongue. "Yeah. I wasn't sure if it was still taboo to say it out loud." Luhan smiled and sat next to Baekhyun on the bed. "Are you okay?" Luhan reached out and pushed his bangs up. "You're kind of warm. Maybe going out isn't such a good idea." Luhan retracted his hand.

"I'd rather stay and sleep to be honest." Baekhyun got next to no sleep last night because of what happened the other day. "Okay." And jsut like that Luhan was off the bed and moving Baekhyun's feet onto the bed. "Call me if you need something." Ever since his mother took an extra shift at the hospital, Luhan stepped up. Baekhyun found it enduring.

"I will." Even though Baekhyun wouldn't want to interrupt Luhan and Sehun's plans. He figured let them be happy because at least they can be. Luhan looked him once over again and went for the door. With a quick wave and a bye he was gone. Baekhyun listened for the front door to shut and he flinched when it did. And now it was quiet again.

Baekhyun unraveled his hand from the blanket and felt the other side of the bed. He remembers when Chanyeol use to take up all the empty places in the room and in his life. Baekhyun sighed and rolled over to look at the door because he half expected it to open. And Chanyeol come strolling in like he did every Saturday with breakfast.

Baekhyun didn't try to stop himself from crying. He never did it in front of his friends cause they make a big deal out of things sometimes. And Baekhyun's mother was painfully oblivious to the fact that her son was practically breaking. Sometimes he wishes she was telepathic so he wouldn't have to come out of the closet and explain the situation. 

The star speckled ceiling seemed more interesting than watching the clock tick away on his weekend. Baekhyun remembers when Chanyeol burst into his room while he was studying and told him animatedly about the gift he got from his aunt. Eight packets of stick-on glow in the dark stars. Chanyeol went on and on about how much nicer they'd look in Baekhyun's room rather than his own.

In front of the closet is what was suppose to a constellation but Baekhyun can't remember the big name of it. Chanyeol was a bit of an astronomy enthusiast though his friends were oblivious to it. Chanyeol use to lecture him on the difference between sun flares and sun spots. Baekhyun found he came in handy with his science homework.

Baekhyun's room was filled with Chanyeol and it hurt. It hurt so bad that he couldn't get rid of anything because he'd regret it if he did. Like Chanyeol's Illionaire hoodie draped over his window seat. Or the sticky notes all over his cork board above his desk. That say stupid things like poems and love proclamations. All nonetheless he dubbed nothing but half-assed lies.

Tears were salty in the corners of his mouth and Baekhyun wiped them on the pillow. He pulled his legs into his chest to stop his stomach from lurching into his throat. He didn't know where to begin to deal with his feelings. He needed Chanyeol around to cry to because he was the only one who ever comforted him in times like this. But he caused all this.

His hand reached out to grab the phone sitting on the edge of his night stand. He remembered the number verbatim when his fingers hit the keypad. He knew the familiar ringtone on the other end as the song Chanyeol use to sing to him to lure him to sleep. He could really go for that right now. He about hung up when Chanyeol's sleepy morning voice answered.

"Hello?" He probably just woke up and Baekhyun felt bad for calling so early. He was debating just hanging up and crawling back into the dark hole under his blankets. "Hello?" Chanyeol asked again and Baekhyun could hear him yawning. "H-hi." Baekhyun coughed to cover up his voice cracking. "Baekhyun." He had missed the way he sounded in the morning.

"Can," Baekhyun tried not to sniffle but he did anyways, "Can you come over?" His lungs suddenly felt like they were dropping into his feet. It was taking too long for him answer. "Sure. Right now?" Baekhyun swore he heard Chanyeol already getting dressed and it sounded like he hit something. "Yeah right now." He nodded into the phone before realizing Chanyeol couldn't see him.

"Give me like," There was a pause and more ruckus in the background. "10 minutes." Then the line went dead. Baekhyun didn't know whether to be grateful or not that Chanyeol only lived two block away. Baekhyun let his phone drop to the bed and he once again rolled until his feet hit the floor. He detangled from the multitudes of blankets.

He was in sweats and a tank top which he deemed fine considering Chanyeol has probably seen him in worse. It was natural when Baekhyun touched Chanyeol's hoodie and played with the loose strands around the hood. It was also natural when he pulled it over his head and adjusted it on his shoulders. It's been forever but he could still smell Chanyeol.

He pulled the hood up and brung the sleeves up to his face to wipe the drying tears away. He knew he looked messy but that's exactly how he felt at the moment. And maybe now he was starting to regret calling Chanyeol. He wouldn't be able to face his dopey sleep face and half awake gaze. It was smoldering him and Chanyeol wasn't even here yet.

Baekhyun managed to make it downstairs and into the foyer before he chickened out. So he just stood there in the foyer waiting for the doorbell to ring or for Chanyeol's big hands to practically knock the door in. Baekhyun didn't know what to do with himself or what to do with his hands so he just kept them at his face. It smelled so familiar but so foreign.

He chanced a glance in the mirror above the key bowl. His hair was thankfully hidden away in the hood but there was no hiding the bags under his eyes or the red of his nose. Baekhyun was about to attempt a run to the bathroom to freshen up when there was knocking on the door. Reality came rushing back to him in the seconds it took for more knocks to come.

"C-coming!" Baekhyun called out but didn't move. He could see Chanyeol's shadow on the other side of the glass windows and just behind the curtains. Baekhyun nearly tripped over the shoes littering the doorway. His palms were sweating and the doorknob felt slippery in his clammy grasp. "Baekhyun?" There was more knocking and Baekhyun started tearing up at his voice alone.

Baekhyun threw caution to the wind and swung the door open just as Chanyeol was raising his hand to knock again. It all happened so fast but Baekhyun was hugging Chanyeol. Hugging him like the first time they had the night of the dance. Chanyeol didn't seem to know what was happening either so his arms stayed at his sides.

That is until Baekhyun got a little louder with his crying and Chanyeol finally, finally, hugged him back. Baekhyun gripped the sleeves of the hoodie and the back of Chanyeol's shirt to pull him closer. So close that they were flush against each other with Baekhyun tucked up under the taller's arm. Baekhyun wanted to live in Chanyeol's hugs. Always has.

Chanyeol moved them into the house and kicked the door shut with his foot. Baekhyun was finding it harder to stand as they maneuvered around the shoes and Chanyeol leaned them against the wall. With Baekhyun's back pressing into the cold drywall though the hoodie did an excellent job at preventing goosebumps from rising.

Chanyeol's hand moved up to pull the hood down and thread into the hair at the nape of Baekhyun's neck. The other hand rested familiarly on his waist and gripped the thick fabric there. Baekhyun moved to lock his arms behind Chanyeol's back and moved his legs between the younger's. It wasn't exactly a comfortable silence but it'd do for now.

It felt like the walls were finally caving in on him and Baekhyun was sobbing now. He didn't want to know if Chanyeol was crying or not because it'd ruin the moment. He felt the need to say something, anything at this point, but just couldn't past the lump taking up residence in his windpipe. He felt the need to explain the sudden skinship.

Chanyeol spoke first and it rumbled against where Baekhyun's face was against his chest. "I'm here." It was the two words Baekhyun didn't even know he craved for until now. It's all he ever wanted in the first place and to begin with and it was everything he needed right now. "I'm here." He repeated and Baekhyun sunk a little more into his arms.

"Promise?" Baekhyun's voice was barely audible but Chanyeol for sure had to hear it. "I swear this time." Chanyeol squeezed the back of his neck but not in the ual ways he used to do. Chanyeol was a chronic liar Baekhyun knew this for certain. But this felt a lot different then before and Baekhyun wanted so desperately to believe him this time.

Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun a little more into the wall and moved the hand that was at his neck to his face. "Look at me." Baekhyun did look up to see tears running all over Chanyeol's face too. "I promise, okay?" Chanyeol leaned in to press their foreheads together. Baekhyun only nodded and closed his eyes, moving his hands to Chanyeol's hips.

Baekhyun had to stand on his toes to brush his lips against Chanyeol's. But Chanyeol met him halfway and their lips molded together like they did so many times before. Chanyeol's fingers slid to cup his cheek and turn his head to the side. But there was no tongue because Baekhyun wasn't ready for stuff like that again. And Chanyeol seemed to understand.

Then it was over and Chanyeol was moving forward to pick Baekhyun up and sit him on the table in the foyer. This made it possible for Chanyeol to bury his face into Baekhyun's mid-section and Baekhyun ran his fingers through the other's hair. "I did love you. I mean I do love you." Chanyeol sighed and moved to brace his hands on the table on either side of Baekhyun.

Baekhyun just nuzzled Chanyeol's head. Then Chanyeol pulled back and Baekhyun brung the sleeves of the hoodie up to wipe his face. Chanyeol was smiling and it reached his eyes and made his one eye twitch up. "I knew I left this somewhere." Chanyeol's hand caught Baekhyun's and he gestured to the hoodie. "I kept it cause it smelled like you." Word vomit. Baekhyun blamed it on word vomit.

Baekhyun wiped his own face and tried to smile. It was difficult considering how raw his throat suddenly felt and maybe he really was getting sick from something. "We could go get brunch." Chanyeol suggested and he still had a sleepy smile. "Or we could stay in and I cook something. I'm too gross to go out." Baekhyun sniffled in and they both laughed.

"Whatever you want to do." That was a first. usually Baekhyun went along with Chanyeol's plans because Chanyeol always forced him to. "I want to kiss you." Baekhyun leaned over and they were kissing again. Chanyeol hummed against Baekhyun's lips and the older laughed a little. "Ah. That is such a nice sound to finally hear again." Chanyeol said.

"Please just shut up." Baekhyun was the one to cup Chanyeol's face this time and pull their faces together. "If you ever lie to me again," Baekhyun started and pulled Chanyeol back into his chest. "I will kill you." Baekhyun threatened but it didn't really sound threatening. "I'd kill myself first." Chanyeol proclaimed. Maybe Baekhyun was way too forgiving.

But it was so damn hard not to be when Chanyeol was sappy and practically suffocating him with hugs and kisses. "I do love you." Baekhyun sighed for the countless time that morning and closed his puffy eyes. "Me too. Mind if we take a nap before food. I'm still really tired." And Baekhyun agreed because he's tired of his empty bed.


a/n: oh god guys it's so fluffy at the end.  Okay so there are things I guess I really need to clear up.

Basically this is what wasn't in the story:

Jongin bet Chanyeol that he could get in Baekhyun's pants before the Spring Dance. And Chanyeol accepted the bet for an unknown amount of money.

Baekhyun obviously found out, imagine how yourselves, and then happened. There we go. Understand now?

Anyways, thank you guys until now. But this is it and no there will not be a sequel. It's over.

So you can find me on Tumblr if you need anything or jsut wanna talk. I also sometimes write there too.

Take some Baekyeol to celebrate my feels and to make up for so much angst~

 

tumblr_m3nqdx19NW1qikqrjo1_400.gif