Pick A Star For Me

Pick A Star

 

“Pick a star for me…” Sehun turned to Luhan, who stared at the ground gripping tightly onto the younger’s arm, the two sitting on a blanket at park. The two had been friends since they were little, Luhan always used to look after Sehun but as the years went by it switched, the younger always protecting the older.

“Don’t say things like that hyung… It makes me scared.” Sehun laughed lightly making the elder chuckle lightly.

“I want to be a star when I’m gone… So I can look down on you and protect you.” Luhan’s dull eyes began to fill with tears, Sehun looked at the other, wrapping his arms around the smaller shaking boy.

“Hyung… Please… stop saying things like this.” The younger gently cupped the other’s face, placing a soft kiss on Luhan’s forehead. “You’re never going, you’re staying right here. Where you belong.”

Luhan’s tears spilled over and rolled down his face, he whimpered softly and pried Sehun’s hands off his face.

“I’m sorry Sehun… I’ll stop…” Luhan trailed his soft fingers over the younger’s face, trying to remember every peek, dent and scar. Luhan’s vision was quickly failing him, he had be declared blind since he was 8 and the light was leaving his eyes, Sehun knew this very well so he vowed to himself that he would protect his hyung. Luhan’s fingers lingered on the younger’s lips, which slowly curved into a rare smile before kissing every one of Luhan’s fingers, making older giggle lightly. Sehun leaned in and lightly brushed his lips against Luhan, linking their fingers together.

“We should get home, it’s getting cold.” Luhan nodded slightly at Sehun’s words, reaching out to feel the tree next to them so he could stand up, Sehun helped him up before folding the blanket and picking up Luhan’s stick, placing it in the other’s hand. Luhan mumbled a ‘thank you’ before Sehun linked their arms together, slowly walking back home in the cool night.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sehun woke up one morning to find Luhan’s side of the bed empty and cold, he scratched the back of his neck before slowly sitting up. Sighing, he dragged himself out of bed and took a quick shower before throwing clothes on and walking down the stairs. He called out Luhan’s name but got no response, he did this a few more times but ended with the same results, Sehun bit his lip in worry before entering the kitchen. He noticed a small piece of paper on the table, walking over he realised that it was a note.

Hope you don’t mind, but I took Luhan out for a bit! Didn’t want to wake you as you looked so cute~! ;) He’ll get back home safely so don’t worry!

Love you Sehun~

JongIn xx

Sehun sighed heavily and ruffled his hair, JongIn did like taking Luhan out on random shopping trips without telling the two when it was going to happen. Sehun sat himself in front of the TV and stayed like that for a couple of hours before getting extremely bored, he sighed yet again before grabbing his phone, coat and shoes, putting the last two on before going out for a walk.

As he walked, he smiled at the fading sun, he loved this time of year when the sun would set earlier and he had more night. He loved spending nights with Luhan, some more passionate than others, but all filled with love, the couple rarely fought and both loved it that way. Sehun walked around the streets for a while before he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket, he dug it out and saw that JongIn was calling.

“Hello?” He said after answering it.

“S-Sehun! Y-You have to come quick! L-Luhan…” Sehun had never heard JongIn’s voice waver that much in panic, he asked where they were, which JongIn told him and he swear he had never run so hard before.

When he arrived he was horrified at the scene before him, a car stopped in the middle on the road, an extremely distressed driver on the phone to the emergency services and JongIn kneeling down cradling an injured Luhan. Sehun ran over and realised how bad Luhan was, blood ran heavily down his face from a crack in his temple, his face scrunched up in pain, holding onto his side, his breathing laboured and tears heavily rolling down his cheeks. Sehun fell to his knees and gently placed a hand on Luhan’s forehead, the elder cracking his eyes open slightly.

“S-Sehun?” Luhan called weakly, Sehun nodded.

“Yeah, I’m here hyung.” Luhan’s cracked dry lips formed a trembling smile.

“S-Sehun?...” The younger gulped heavily, his own tears forming in his eyes.

“Y-Yeah h-hyung?...” The elder weakly linked his and Sehun’s fingers together.

“I-I lo…” Luhan’s voice trailed off, his eyes slowly closed and his final breath left his lungs. Sehun stared at the older.

“H-Hyung?...” He didn’t get any response. “H-Hyung, wake up… A-Answer m-me…” Sehun’s voice cracked slightly. “H-hyung… P-Please…”

Tears rolled down his and JongIn’s face heavily as they both stared at Luhan’s unmoving body, Sehun screaming and shouted, anything to try to make Luhan come back but to no avail. He sobbed heavily into Luhan’s chest until he was pried off by JongIn, Luhan’s body being taken away by a stretcher.

He slept on Luhan’s side of the bed that night, head in the elder’s pillow still holding his scent of vanilla, Sehun couldn’t sleep at all so he stared out of the window at the stars.

Pick a star for me…

Sehun stared at the brightest star in the sky.

“You can keep me safe now… Just like you wanted…”  The star almost twinkled back in response as Sehun felt his heart clench, tears streaming down his face. “Hyung… I finally picked one for you… I hope you like it…”