Chapter - 5 : Unexpected

Swapping members

“Hey, how’s everyone doing? Luhan’s just like ready to take off any minute now,” Kris chuckled into the phone while lazily slouching on sofa. He’s on phone with Suho for a leader-to-leader talk just like every other Sundays.

“Not so good. JongInnie isn’t putting up well. He seems really upset about it” Suho sighed again as he remembered his usually dorky and goofy dancing maching no longer his normal self.

“Really? Are they together too? By together, I mean, together, together, you know.” Kris asked, out of pure curiosity.

“I don’t think so. But by the looks of it, well, Kyungsoo seems like he just decided to swap because of those two. I really feel bad for my dear makanae.”

“Don’t worry too much, Jun-myeon-ah, it’ll be all okay once we settle down. It’s just temporary anyways, right?”

“That, I’m not so sure. If the project turns out well, it could be a permanent thing too, hyung. I haven’t told the kids about this yet.”

“Wait, what did you say?” JongIn suddenly appeared out of nowhere and glared at his leader with interrogating eyes.

Suho almost jumped out of his own skin and his phone almost slipped out of his hand. “Hyung, I’ll just call you back later, okay?” He then turned to face the worst, confronting with a fuming JongIn.

“JongIn , listen,….” He tried his best to keep his tone sharp but JongIn’s was sharper.

“No. I thought you said this is temporary. Why? Just.. I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!” JongIn suddenly turned awaya and then walked out of the front door with a slam.

“Kim JongIn, COME BACK!” Suho shouted into thin air. He thought about chasing him and dragging him back but he believed his dongsaeng that he wouldn’t dare get caught in a swarm of fangirls in the broad daylight or rather it wasn’t that possible because he was disadvantaged in his height and the structure.

JongIn was panting so hard as he ran up 12 flights of stairs to the rooftop of the SM building. He sat down on his usual spot, wiping the sweat on his forehead and tears in his eyes. Kyungsoo hyungmoving was bad enough but if it became permanent, Kyungsoo in Exo-M as a regular member then, how was he even going to put up with that? Should he just wish that the new project to not turn out well? All he ever wanted before was to work very hard for his team to do the best and exceed the expectations of his parents who have always disapproved him of his career. Now he’s throwing away the team’s sake because of one guy he irrevocably in love with. He could feel warm sunlight on his face and spring breeze brushing his bangs slightly with every wave. The rooftop had always been his hide-out ever since his trainee days whenever he felt too suffocated and got too fed up with waiting when he could actually debut. There, he stood again, after debut, as a rising rookie star, he wondered where all his determinations and dreams had disappeared to all due to someone who didn’t even feel the same way. Or so he thought. He was just a teenager with whole lot of big dreams and a heart that he knew no longer belonged to himself but to someone small, squishy and eyes too adorable for his own good.

JongIn could feel his heartbeat slow down to a steady rhythm after sometime. He decided to just go back when he had assured himself that he wouldn’t rip the head of anyone who crossed his path.

“JongIn, you there?” JongIn heard the unmistakably sweet voice of Kyungsoo calling out his name just as he opened the door the rooftop to go back down.

“Yes, hyung. I’m here.” He replied a little too enthusiastically and rushed down the stairs to the source of the voice. He took two steps each time but the suddenly he felt his feet leave the ground and the next thing he knew, everything out with a piercing pain in his left leg.

Kyungsoo was breathing a little heavier than usual as he climbed those stairs just because of one pouty guy. He suddenly heard a loud thump and a scream. Someone fell off the stairs. His mind went too numb after realizing who that person could possibly be before he snapped out of his trance and rushed to the area being careful not to trip himself.

“JongIn, Kim JongIn!” He found JongIn at the base of the stair, unconscious and his left leg seriously twisted. “Oh, god,..” He stared to panic but was sane enough to pull out the phone and pressed speed dial to his manager.

“Hyung,.. please, training centre rooftop, JongIn..” He croaked into the phone, hardly able to make a coherent sentence but the other side seemed to get what he wanted to say. His phone fell next to him as he shook the younger’s shoulder violently.

“JongIn.. JongIn.. wake up.” He scanned the injured leg but held himself from touching because even from the looks of it, it could hurt so bad. Tears streamed down endlessly on his face as he got impatient of waiting someone to pick them up. He attempted to carry JongIn on his back but without success. He dialed another number and it was to Chanyeol who could actually carry JongIn and run a tad bit faster with his long legs.

Before he could say anything, Chanyeol on the other side answered, “Soo, calm down, we’re coming.” And then he heard footsteps closing in. He brushed JongIn’s bangs away from his eyes and helped others putting JongIn on Chanyeol’s back while all of them rushed to the elevator. Nobody asked anyone anything. They all were just as equally worred for their brother without the need for words.

 

Here's another update. Sorry, if it's a little too short and it's not baekyeol. There would be more Baekyeol in the upcoming chapters. Please do subscribe and love! I love you all.