inside the nightmare, i, i

「 musika 」┇ ipod shuffle challenge

 

SHINee: Alarm Clock                                                             

"Woohyun?"
 
I hear a voice and it's calling for me.
 
It's distant, and in this black hole that I'm in, it doesn't surprise me that it slices through the emptiness with coldness like ice.
 
"Woohyun."
 
I look to my left, I see nothing; to my right, it's also nothing. I look up and it's still nothing.
 
I hold my breath as I look down and down and down and down.
 
It's empty, it's forever. 
 
"Woohyun, you have to wake up."
 
What surprises me, however, is a face that looks so familiar, my head starts to hurt.
 
A headache pushes itself into my head and I lift a hand to massage my temple but it doesn't work because I can't move; and the face is right in front of me.
 
"Woohyun," I expect movement from his lips but the voice is not coming from him. "Woohyun, wake up."
 
The face soon sprouts a body, arms and legs; a figure. My head feels like it's being pounded by a hammer.
 
A hand reaches for my face and I don't have to look to know that it's the figure's hand - it's his hand.
 
The look in his blank eyes is so familiar and it sends me shivers down my spine; I don't know how to feel, I don't know how I feel but it's electrifying.
 
I figure, that by the time his fingers trail down my cheek, I will already be shaking in fear and trembling in excitement.
 
But it doesn't come because I - "Please, wake up, Woohyun." - wake up with a face looming over me, I forget the face in my dreams until I come back to him again. 
 
I realize that I always do.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Woohyun!"
 
The face takes its time to show itself to me.
 
I try to count the time I have left before I am finally pulled out of this black hole; it's not much. That scares me.
 
I try not to think of why I would want to be in here; but there are whispers coming from the back of my head and it's saying
 
'You want to see him'
 
'You don't want him to leave'
 
'You need him'
 
You want him'
 
You need him'
 
'You don't want to wake up'
 
'Do you?'
 
I try not to hear them, but it doesn't work.
 
I don't expect much from the touch from the figure in front of me; he's still indistinguishable; but he is painfully familiar like a scar faded but the memories are still there.
 
He doesn't get far, anyway. I don't know if I feel sad or happy
 
I think I do, though
 
And it hurts because, because.
 
"Woohyun!" I am being shaken out of sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
"Woohyun," a voice cuts through the silence. I don't even bat an eyelash, after so many times I've been thrown into that black hole, my eyes start to hurt because of too much light. I want to sleep. "This really needs to stop."
 
"I want to sleep."
 
I feel a hand wrap around my knuckles. 
 
"This really needs to stop, Woohyun. Please," a frown appears on his face and I get mad, I don't know why. "You're not only hurting yourself, you're hurting me, too. You're hurting us."
 
This is silly.
 
I stand up and he tries to grab my hand but I walk away faster than he had expected, maybe.
 
"I'm going to sleep."
 
That is all for today, I think.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am back in the black hole and after forever, I think that I am finally getting used to this; to the darkness and to the figure appearing before my eyes and disappearing before I even remember his face.
 
I stare at his eyes and at his lips.
 
The hammer is back with a headache and the whispers are still there and it hurts so bad but I don't close my eyes; that would hurt more.
 
"Don't do this to yourself."
 
I feel thorns prick the back of my neck but I realize that they're just my hair standing up because the voice is smooth and mysterious, it's rich and thick. It's everything that the voice inside my mind and the voice inside the void are not.
 
"Woohyun, please," his lips move and colors rush into his face. I see more and more of him; my heart starts to hurt along with my head.
 
"Don't hurt yourself," his fingertips are like icicles on my cheek. "You can let go now."
 
It hurts.
 
"You have to let go," his face is clearer and memories rush into my mind like a river and my head feels like exploding. "I don't want you to drown yourself in your misery, please."
 
Sung.
 
Sung, sung.
 
"Promise me, Woohyun-ah?" I feel the pressure on my cheek lighten, it only means one thing and I desperately try to stop him, but I can't.
 
"Sung.." My lips open, my voice cracks and I can feel tears push their way out of my eyes. "Sung gyu?"
 
For the first time in this black hole, there is light and it comes from the small crack of his mouth and it hurts my eyes and head and heart.
 
"Sunggyu, please."
 
"Woohyun-ah... stop it." 
 
"I can't, Sunggyu. I can't"
 
He's my lover
 
He's my best friend
 
He's my soul mate
 
He's my everything
 
Sunggyu
 
"I'm sorry, Sunggyu, but I can't" my heart cracks open and my head bursts into stars "I'm sorry."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I finally wake up.