Jumpy Tao

Hope That Came From A Jumpy Heart

Chapter 1: Jumpy Tao

It was an early morning for Tao, as all of the EXO members had a huge sleep over party and that did involve mattress fights. Xiumin thought that it was to girly to have pillow fights, though Chanyeol disagreed, and so he thought about mattress fights instead.

 

And everyone liked that idea, except Chanyeol and Baekyeol who decided they would sit on the couch together and watch instead.

 

Luckily, Kris and Suho didn't have to worry as much as they thought they had to. No one got hurt, which was the main thing and apart from a few hugs to death it all went as the two leaders had planned.

 

Tao had secretly been liking Kris for a long time now, but he always told the other members that he liked a girl and they always believed it. He was grateful for that, otherwise the other members would always about it and that got on his nerves after a while.

 

It was 07:00am and Tao wasn't feeling all that hungry. Well, he did feel hungry but he really wanted to have breakfast with just him and Kris.

 

One of the many things he wanted to do with the love of his life.

 

Tao walked around the doormatry and took a wrong turn. As he turned, he walked into the wall that lead to Kris's room as they had to sleep three to a bedroom.

 

OW!” Tao yelled, he had hit his forehead on the very edge of the door frame and only just realising that all the other members were asleep, he slammed his hand onto his mouth and continued walking.

 

But then, Tao thought about it and he instantly thought that if he went into Kris's room everyone would be woken up.

 

In Tao's room, he had Xiumin and Sehun.

 

Tao, are you alright?” A hand on Tao's shoulder appeared and it made Tao jump around in the air.

 

The only time Tao had ever been scared by, there was only one person who could do that with ease.

 

Kris.

 

Y-yeah, uhm do you want to....” Tao replied, stuttering and blushing slightly.

 

Want to do what?”

 

Do you want to have breakfast with me?” Tao squeezed his eyes shut and clenched his fists together, it was the first time he had asked the person he liked and as always, it was terrifying.

 

Really? You want to have breakfast with a person like me? But I've been grumpy these last few days, what's making you want to have breakfast with a freak like me?” Kris replied, a few daggers pin pointing towards Tao's heart.

 

W-well, I'll explain later. Let's just eat for now and then maybe....” Tao thought quickly, deciding that it was better that he would explain it when they went on their walk.

 

If he wanted to go on a walk, that is.

 

Hmm, okay let's eat then.” Kris smiled, making Tao smile and relax.

 

The boy is tensing up a lot today, why are you doing that Tao? Do you...like me or something? No, he can't. He likes another girl. But...he's never tense around girls, yet only around me? Kris thought, pouting a little at the thought and feeling all the old feelings he had been feeling towards Tao recently.

 

His feelings for Tao had been forced to be suppressed for some time, yet now they started to resurface very quickly. If Kris didn't suppress them, then he would've caused a lot of pain and troubles, especially since their manager wouldn't be happy.

 

For the couple of months, about 5 actually, Kris had found that he had developed feelings for the younger boy. But to actually think that Tao may have a crush on Kris only made his heart feel....

 

Warm and happy.

 

Which made him want to smile and laugh around like a goof ball.

 

Tao made them both breakfast, having their usual Tao had a salad like breakfast with milk as his drink and Kris had a bowl of cereal. It didn't take them long to finish, but every time that Tao looked into Kris's eyes, he blushed furiously.

 

Which only made Kris's suspicions more accurate.

 

Maybe about a 30% chance? No, more like a 37% actually. Kris thought, taking the plates up and washing them as they had finished their meals.

 

So, what was the reason of having breakfast with me hmm??” Kris's voice had turned into a deep, and seductive voice making shivers run up the younger boys spine.

 

I-I'll tell you shortly, but can we please go on a walk together?” Tao stuttered, feeling his temperature rise when the older boy moved closer to his body.

 

Kris sighed, but he nodded as he actually didn't mind it.

 

About a 59% chance. Kris thought.

 

So he decided to go on a walk with Tao.

 

Yeah sure, let's go on a walk together. Maybe even hold hands?” Kris suggested and Tao blushed furiously, but they walked outside and towards the park.

 

Tao had planned that they walk around the lake nearby, which really was a park but Tao called it a lake instead. He wanted to watch the sunrise with Kris, but he knew that couldn't happen.

 

They were to busy, Kris was always staying up late with Suho as they discussed the songs and everything else they needed to do as leaders. It annoyed Tao, but he knew and understood that they had to do so.

 

Otherwise, they would have no order and EXO would collapse.

 

They walked around once, Kris grabbing Tao's hand and taking him over to the bridge nearby. Tao, shocked as hell, was pulled along and he didn't mind it.

 

Yet at the same time, he feared that he was being played.

 

Okay it's defiantly a 70% chance now.

 

Tao, do you like me? As in a boyfriend, gay, thing whatever you call it?” Kris asked, holding his hand and moving his face closer to the smaller boy.

 

T-to be honest, I like you a lot. I've been liking you for these last c-couple of months and ….yeah.” Tao stuttered, this time he hid on Kris's shoulders by snuggling in and half hugging him, half not.


Okay, 100% now.

 

Kris took a little bit of time to respond, but he was summoning up all of his courage to say something to Tao. Something he hoped that the younger boy would accept.

 

You know a little something? This might sound crazy, but I actually have felt something towards you for the last few months as well. I'm not just saying this, I really mean it. I think I actually like you. I'm still unsure on what category it is, but I really want to be your boyfriend and protector and I want to be the one to catch you when you fall.” Kris replied, making Tao silent and dead still.

 

Will you let me be your boyfriend, Kris-hyung?” Tao asked, after a long silence had passed and he feared the answer.

 

It took a little bit of time,

 

But it was worth every second in the end.

 

Yes, as long as you let me do things to you that aren't going to hurt you. Like as in, hug, kiss, that stuff that isn't or harming you. Okay?” Kris replied, kissing Tao on the lips and once they broke apart, Kris held the younger boys face in his hands.

 

Okay hyung, thank you.”

 

No, thank you.” Kris whispered.

 

And they stood there, dead silence apart from the birds and cries of the animals. Eventually, Kris wrapped his arms around Tao's waist and Tao silently cried. He was happy, until Kris noticed his tears.

 

Are you okay Tao?” Kris asked, turning the boy around and wiping the tears away. His voice was steady and calm, but you could tell that he was worried.

 

Yeah, I'm just so happy and grateful.”

 

Oh you sweet dear boy, I really do like you.” Kris smiled, hugging the boy tightly.

 

I like you too hyung.”

 

 

And they stood there, for quite some time,

 

Before EXO had to come and get them at 08:30am!

 

 

__________________________

This is another oneshot I thought of, because I wrote it down it's different than the actual written copy but I hope you guys enjoy it!

 

~NewgroundsKing