Spring and Fall

Seasons Come and Go

Spring

       You two first met when winter gave way to spring. He was just another customer looking for his morning caffeine fix. It didn’t take him long to charm you and you exchanged phone numbers. You two started dating in June, when school ended. The first year with him was amazing; you two went on numerous dates, and he treated you like a princess. The first half of the second year wasn’t so great. You two started having problems in your relationship and he wasn’t so open anymore. That’s when you found out he cheated on you with another girl. You dumped him and moved all his things out of your house.

 

Fall

       Fall was your favorite season; leaves were turning different color, and the weather was cool, not cold, but cool enough to need a light jacket. He approached you again in the fall, saying he was sorry, saying he would never do that again. You knew they were all lies, but you gave him another chance anyways.

 

Spring

      The fights started again. You knew he hadn’t meant a word of his apology, but you still gave him another chance. You smiled to yourself bitterly, he was your first love, but to him, you were nothing more than another lover to string along. You broke up with him and moved to New Zealand, hoping for a fresh start.

 

Fall

       It has been years since you last saw him. Chunji. You could finally say his name out loud. You went for a walk and along the way, decided to forget Chunji and move on. He has called you before, of course, but you ignored his calls and never called back. This time, you decided to pick up.

       “Sure, we can go for some drinks,” you say.

       “Great, see you then,” Chunji says.

       You know it will hurt to see him again after all those years, how could it not? But as you breathed in the cool autumn air, you smiled, and finally freed yourself from your last shred of first love infatuation.

 

 

A/N: Well that was depressing.... To me, at least. I should really be studying for finals, but this is so much more interesting than studying formulas and stuff @_@ As always, thanks for reading :3 Also, anyone notice the Hobbit reference? It's not so much a movie reference as a location reference xD

**I wanted to add this picture, but AFF wouldn't let me. Isn't it pretty?