EXO - In Between

Drafts

I stared at the male sitting in front of me. Why him of all people? And why in a place like this? I put my earbuds in, turned the volume up and returned my gaze to the book I as reading. 

Before I could react to what the hell happened, his lips were pressed against mine and his tongue forcing it's way into my mouth. I pushed him away, wiping my lips with the back of my hand. "KRIS WU!! THE HELL?!"

I only got a smirk as respons, then he just walked away. One of the school's 12 kingkas just kissed me!! How the hell am I supposed to eat and drink now, my lips were just dirtied in the worst kind of way and now they need to get removed!! Aish, bastard!!

I warn you, Kris Wu, next we meet you are dead meat!

 

I smirked as I walked out of the cafeteria, ignoring the exploding vulcano behind me. That's what you get for playing hard to get, Chaerin. I have confessed my feelings for her, but she just shrugged it off and kept her distance from me. Well, being best friends for years and suddenly got confessed to, then you would be pretty awkward. But it's been months and she just avoided me, so now I've claimed her as mine.

"Hyung, Chaerin is flipping tables and people right now, you really shouldn't have kissed her like that."

I glanced to the cafeteria's windows, and sure enough people and tables were flying everywhere. She really have a lot of temper and and strength for a petite girl, but that's what I got attracted to.

I sighed and looked at Sehun, Chaerin's cousin, not wanting to give in. It was a rough kiss and she will probably hate for the rest of my life but I have been holding my feelings down for so long, so it kinda happened.

...... Good going, Kris, she will surely never return your feelings because of the kiss.

 

I grew irritated the following week, Chaerin had skipped school and was no where to be found, not her apartment, not her workplace and not at Sehun's house. Speaking of the lisping younger fellow, he has been absent as well and only showed up for some classes. Even the teachers doesn't mind, which I find pretty odd: I mean Chaerin is the role model of a student any teacher could imagine, doing her homework, always on the top 5 of the school, polite to her teachers, good in sport an helping everybody in need. So why is there no Chaerin?

Then something caught my eyes, a lisping dwarf wandering around with Chaerin's belongings. When I looked closer, he was returning all her schoolbooks, homework and holding a bag of her personal belongings from her locker. It's not like I'm stalking her, I just know her pretty well.

Sehun bowed and smiled halfhearted to the principal, shaking his head from side to side as an answer to the principal. I got curios now, maybe Sehun knew what was going on with Chaerin.

"Ge ge, please stop your habit of staring at people from afar," a voice said, pulling me out of my thoughts. I turned around and met eyes with the Tao, who shook his head in disapproval.

"I was just watching the lisping maknae! Since he talked to the principal, Chaering not being in school and being her cousin, I just wondered if he knew something about it."

I swear I just saw the wushu panda stiffen up, but it was gone in less than a second. He just sighed and looked away. "Guess it's time for ge ge to know."

"Know what? Tao, what are you hiding?"

"Ask Sehunnie about it, but remember we are always with you!"

And with that he ran away, looking really troubled. I shrugged it off and walked towards Sehun and placed my hands on his shoulders. 

"Yah, who's that- oh, it's just you, hyung."

After he turned around I noticed his usually emotionless face was covered in worry, stress and … sorrow? He also had dark circles under his eyes. "Oh Sehun, mind telling me where your cousin is hiding?"

A new emotion flashed in his eyes, but I couldn't tell what it was, he just pointed at the sky. What the hell, is he joking with me! I shot him a death glare and he sighed.

"Hyung, promise you won't freak out..."

 I stared weirdly at him, why would I freak out? Unless she got a secret job as a stripper, but it's not like I would mind that; I could always just buy all of her time, so no other man would lay his eyes on her body.

"She's not hiding somewhere in a strip club, she's...."

I couldn't hear the last part, because he talked so damn low! I hissed at Sehun, but he just looked down and when he finally looked up again, tears were streaming down his cheeks.

"She's dead. Gone forever," he whispered. My heart stopped beating for a second, it lt likes thousand knives stabbed me. What did he by dead? It's not possible, I saw her just last weekend! I grabbed him by his collar, lifting him up from the ground anger. Anger, sorrow, confusing and love were mixed together.

"Sh-she pushed me a-away before it would hit m-me. Chaerin d-d-died because of me. Sh-she's gone because of me. Sh-she was dr-dragged with th-the car. He-her b-body … I cou-couldn't regonize her. Hyung, because of me, I took away your most-"

I tucked him into a hug, trying to calm him down and hold back my tears. Even through I lost someone precious, Sehun had it so much worse. He actually saw her being hit, he saw her bring dragged under the car, he saw her body after and felt so guilty about it. I knew wat the unknown emotion in his eyes were: Guilt. Guilt for being protected. Guilt for being loved by his noona. Guilt for not noticing the car and guilt for Chaerin's death.

I clenched my teeth, trying to ignore the growing pain in my heart and held Sehun tighter. He was suffering the most right now. The scene where his beloved noona pushed him away and faced her own death, will be forever engraved in his memories.