Imagine

Silence of Chance

"Minjae, please help Dongwoon in the layout process okay?" Lee sonsaengnim said and I nodded. She walked out of the room when Dongwoon told me that he would go out, too because he would get his cousin from his aunt, who was our school nurse. Only me and Eunhyuk, the man whom I loved, still loving, and will love for years, were left inside the room.

The atmosphere around us was awkward, knowing that both of us were not talking to each other and I didn't know why. It was our Christmas vacation when we argued about our project. He said I was helping with nothing on it. I was furious because I knew I helped a lot but it seemed like he didn't appreciate it at all. Few days later, he texted me and we talked like nothing happened. It still continued like that but it was always on the phone. We talk for hours throught text messages, but never personally. Today, I was jealous of him and his ex-girlfriend because they were always together again.

Dongwoon came back with his cousin, Min Hee. Min Hee was the cute little girl I met many times before. She was really irresistible and I played with her. Dongwoon then left again to buy his food at the canteen, but now, together with me and Minhee.

The people that we passed by told us that Minhee was mine and Dongwoon's. They said that we're like a family. Dongwoon and Minhee went to Park sonsaengnim, our school nurse.

 

"I'm jealous."

 

I heard it. It was my imagination. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

"I said I'm jealous."

 

Oh, he's on the phone. No, I'm not looking at him. I just knew it.

 

"I'm jealous, I'm jealous, I'm jealous!"

 

Oh, how weird. It felt real.

 

"Minjae-yah, I'm jealous."

 

Imagination, you cannot fool me.

 

"Yah, Minjae. I'm jealous."

 

And because it felt real, I took the risk and talked to him.

 

"Eunhyuk-ah," I called out.

"Minjae-yah~ I'm jealous." OH THERE HE SAID IT! RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE!

"Nice joke Hyuk," I said and laughed.

"I'm serious."

"Why so serious? Get yo crayon!" I sang. I don't want this to take seriously. I don't know if he's joking or really serious.

 

Eunhyuk stood up and walked to me. He suddenly...HUGGED ME!

"Uhh. Hyuk, why are you--"

"Minnie, I said I'm jealous right?"

"Yes, but--"

"When I say something, I am serious."

"But--"

"No buts. I'm jealous and it's final."

 

He was still hugging me when Dongwoon and Minhee went in. I pushed him away and I knew I blushed.

"Yah~ Minjae, Minhee's looking for you, but it seemed like you're BUSY, so I'll just bring her back to my aunt," Dongwoon said.

"N-no. I'll get her. I'm not busy," I said and got Minhee from him.

 

Eunhyuk was playing on the laptop and I sat across him.

"Minhee-yah, do you know him?" I asked.

"No, but he was always at Dongwoon oppa's house. He was like his best friend," Minhee answered.

"Yes he is. He's his best fried anyway. His name is Eunhyuk. Call him Eunhyuk oppa," I said.

"Eunhyuk oppa," she called.

"Hello Minhee~! Call me Eunhyuk oppa, your Minjae unnie's boyfriend."

 

"OMG. SO CHEESY." Lee sonsaengnim almost yelled while standing by the door and Dongwoon was smiling so big to us.