Final

Frozen

 

Without muttering a single word, she brings her legs up to herself and tries to keep her body warm. She is cold, extremely cold but she doesn’t say anything. Her eyes flicker up to the shivering male standing in front of her. He gives her a numb smile but neither of them makes a noise. They seem to have been frozen in place along with the chilling breeze of the cold.

            She knows exactly how she got there, but she doesn’t want to admit. By now, her fingers have become to pale and the reds of cheeks have disappeared. However, she pushes herself to stay awake and continuing living.

            However, the two both knew that they would not survive this cold bittering winter, and would stay in the same position until the end of their lives. The male shifts his feet and she looks up, he coughs loudly before speaking. His voice was thin and hoarse;” I think we both know we won’t make it through this, so why don’t we talk?”

            A few bits of snow begin to drop from the sky. She looks up with a grimace,” Kris, I don’t think I’m in the mood,” she hisses,” My lips feel as if they are about to become icicles and you expect me to talk!”

            He mutters a soft apology and stands there. Neither of them says a thing for the next twenty minutes or so. Time passes too slowly for the both of them. He constantly shifts as if he wants to say something, but he never opens his mouth.

            Before he could continue with his annoying fidgets, the snow begins to fall heavily and a sound of thunder rumbles through the area. She sits upon the cold white snow with her legs still wrapped up to her and she stares at him. Without speaking a word, the both of them know it won’t be long before they’re gone. She ponders for a second and then she talks,” I’m sorry Kris, but fine. There’s no time left for us and I want someone to know what I’m thinking.”

            Kris doesn’t say a word but stares at her. He gestures for her to continue.

            Her eyes flit up towards Kris and she says,” My name is Ailee.”

            A deep low voice replies to her instantly,” I know.”

            Before she can retort, he continues,” My name is Kris. But we know that already. We’ve been stuck in this world for a decade already and there’s no way out!”

            He’s hissing at her before he knows it and he can’t stop himself. Ailee seems startled but composes herself before giving a response.

            She repeats his last few words,” Yes, that’s right. I know. We’ve been stuck in here for a decade, and there’s no way out.”

            Kris looks at her with a grim face,” We’re goners Ailee. Soon, we will be gone.”

            Ailee holds out her hand and Kris takes it. Another thundering boom shook the ground and soon it was all over.

 

            The two figures broke into little fragments as the snow globe dispersed into a million pieces.

 

fin.