I met his ex

When Love Strikes

I was on the way to MBC Drama Awards when HJ called me up, he was sobbing. I know him as someone who doesnt cry easily so i panicked upon hearing his voice.

"Ya, what's wrong with you?" asking him in a concern manner....

"Grandma died just now," he's telling me between sobs..

I was speechless for a moment and cant find words to comfort him. I can feel how hurt he is. I know how much he loves  and adores his grandma. He told me that his mom called him up and delivered the news. He was still crying and i dont know what to say... Finally i was able to utter some words, i told him to calm down and that grandma is in good hands already and it is better rather than seeing her in pain,(she had been sick for months). And that she will not be happy if her favorite grandson is crying and hurting. He said he was trying to calm himself down but couldn't control himself. He said he is on his way to awards night but doesnt really want to go. He wanted to be with his grandma's side right away but he couldn't because of his commitment. I told him that grandma will understand his situation and reminded him to stop crying otherwise his eyes will be swollen and it will be visible on TV.

Hj's grandma had been sick for a few months and been in and out of the hospital. It was just last week when I visited her in the hospital. HJ told me that she wanted to meet me before she die so we went together. Grandma looked really ill but when she saw me, she smiled and held my hands.

She said, "Somin please don't hurt my boy and please love him forever."

I smiled back and assured her that i will love Hyun Joong forever.

I went  back there the other day but she was already in coma. That was the last time I saw her alive.

During the awards night, sadness was written all over Hj's face. He tried to smile but his eyes couldn't lie. We tried to communicate through our eyes, we couldn't really talk there so i was trying to console him just by looking at him. Just before the awards night ends I left the venue and find a place where i can get change. Hj waited for me in the parking lot but i couldn't get out because Hj's fans were there taking videos and snapping photos. His manager rang me and told me to come down and go on to my own car and follow Hj's car on the way out. (We both had drivers).His car stopped along the road when no one gonna see us and I transfered . I hugged him tight once i'm inside the car,we stayed like that for as long as i remember. He was devastated and the only thing i can give is to be with his side. We arrived at grandma's wake past midnight. Hj was already composed and not crying anymore. Only families and friends were present. HJ introduced me to his family and friends that i haven't met before. They seemed all nice to me.

Another bunch of family friends came, there was a girl that everyone seemed shocked and yet excited to see. She went straight to HJ parents and greeted them. And finally to HJ, she offered her hand for a handshake, i was looking at HJ reactions upon seeing her and i saw him a bit shocked and like he couldn't believe he is seeing her infront of him,

"It's been awhile," she said,

HJ then shook her hand and replied, "yeah,it's been awhile."

The girl then turn to my side and offered her hand as well. I shook her hand and say Anyeong, "I'm Jung Somin".

She then faced Hj and said, "your co-star right?"

Hj just nod.

"I'm Kim Yuna, Hj's friend from way back..."