Prologue 02

Taken

After class, the students sped out the doors and into the hallways like crazy.

Since this week was the last week before school ended.

Which mean't freedom.

Excitement.

Thrills and chills.

Especially for the girls of Girls' Generation. "Ooh, I hope I did well." Yoona sighed, as they all arrived at the mall.

"Sure you did," Hyoyeon smirked, while carrying her MVP trophy and proudly wearing her gold medals around her neck, like they were naturally her's everyday. "With that brain of your's, I'm sure you'll make it to Julliard."

As they walked together in beat in the mall, heads turned and everyones' eyes were all on them.

Just the way they liked it.

"Now girls," The clique's leader, Taeyeon, spoke sweetly with a slick tone to it. Like when you get in trouble and your mom says "Now honey.." Get that? "Let's not be a bunch of cranky es for a couple of hours and SHOP for the Japan field trip. If you choose to do so instead of picking out the latest and iest outfits to please the boys, then you can walk your out of here and be a loner on the trip. Any argument to that?"

The rest of the clique shook their heads, while having a meek expression on their faces. Even Sooyoung, despite that big blowout over Kris.

In their hands was a wallet full of cash, credit cards, debit cards, gift cards and probably more money then what your parents could ever make in their entire lives. 

However, that wasn't the case for Seohyun today. "Waaait!" She started to whine, which annoyed the crap out of the other girls and probably the entire store. "I was grounded for nearly skipping gym yesterday, so I don't have any money right now." 

Due to the disturbance by the maknae of the group, Taeyeon rolled her eyes and sighed. "Does ANYONE have any money for the butthurt baby, so we can go on already?!" She got tired and already scanned some of the racks, picking up and leaving some clothes, which signaled for the other members to start shopping.

"Here," Tiffany smiled lightly, placing a big wad of a thousand bucks into Seohyun's hand, like as if she was lending her a ten dollar bill. "You don't have to pay me back anyways. That was just birthday money. Wasn't much." Her attention dozed off to the cute pink dresses on the other side of the store.

Just as Tiffany ran to her heaven, Seohyun sighed and looked around the gigantic Forever 21 store. Several racks and shelvesheld the cutest tops, skirts, bottoms, heels and anything you could possibly want (and need) in your closet for any occasion.

 

As she looked through the racks by herself, while half of the other girls were practically running to the fitting rooms, as if that'll save their lives, Seohyun's eyes widened as she saw something so disgusting. So menacing. So unattractive...

 

Xi Luhan. With a girl. Clinging to his arm.

 

 

What. The. .

 

"Tiffany! i frickin see luhan here! and i think i see him with a girl" Seohyun texted furiously to her best friend (or at least one of her "best friends"), while watching to see what the couple will do. Even after ten minutes, she hadn't received one single reply from Tiffany.

 

The girl picked out some (very ugly) clothes and she kept smiling and talking to Luhan, although he paid no attention to her.

 

She had crusty brown hair with bangs and the length was to her chin, like a bobcut. The girl had a square-shaped face, in a not very cute way. The rosey pink dress she had on tightened on to her hips in a very suffocating manner, that she'd probably have to cut the thing to get out of it.

 

Everytime Luhan managed to take a look at her, he said something to the girl to make her pout and stomp on her foot slightly. Seohyun watched them move everywhere, with a few outfits hanging over her arm.

After two hours, the girl shouted at him and Luhan only managed to roll his eyes in reply. They argued back and forth, only to result in the girl running away and crying, dropping the outfits onto the floor.

 

A mere salesgirl went by to pick the outfits up and to put them back where they belong, however Luhan just stood there, showing no emotion.

 

"Hey! Why the did you make the girl cry?!" Seohyun wondered who would even say such a thing to Luhan. He was such an idiot, yet all of the other girls in the school think he's hot. Then again, she realized that it was her OWN voice.

 

"Stalker much?" Luhan smirked, patting Seohyun's head, indicating that she was much shorter than he was.


"Geez no! I was just passing by! I saw this adorable teal turquoise dress until YOU and that girl was off having a lovey-dovey moment!" Seohyun protested, trying to back up her lie. Apparently Luhan saw her in stalker mode. Wow.

Luhan smirked and rolled his eyes in response. He wasn’t looking forward to another prissy girl fit once again, but it sure was enjoyable to see his archenemy like this, especially in public once again. “Pfft, it wasn’t MY choice for you to come and whine to me about my own businessanyway. Why don’t you go back to your ‘friends’?”

Seohyun’s jaw dropped at the way he said the word ‘friends.’ A shiver was sent up her spine the moment he stopped talking, while she hoped that her fear wouldn’t come true.


No one knows why the girls actually befriended me, right?! The girls gossip the hell out of themselves, but not enough to tu rn on me or...would they?! Looking at the way our clique is practically in shambles, they were probably bored to death that they just ‘had’ to tell Luhan! Or better yet, all of EXO. Great. My life is probably going to be over just soon enough!

After some deep thinking by herself, Seohyun cocked her head to the side and fake smiled very sweetly. Even some sales girls walked by whispering, thinking that they were a couple on a date together. As if.

Though, before she could make a witty comeback herself, Tiffany and Taeyeon came back with some dresses hanging from their arms, with their hands full of money. “Seohyun, what do you think--HOLY , WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO LUHAN?” Tiffany shrieked, causing the entire store looking at the four of them. Taeyeon’s mouth went from a straight line to a circle right away, as she gasped dramatically at the sight of them even standing next to each other.

“It’s nothing. He’s probably stalking us like always.” Seohyun replied in a monotone, staring at him icily. Which was usually Jessica’s thing, but not today. 

Yeah..just like how our friendship ended in the sixth grade...just like how I had the last words. ‘..Like always.’ Besides, he wanted to be friends with those douchebags anyway, it’s not my fault the girls are much better...

Seohyun slightly shook her head at the thought, not wanting her eyes to start overflowing with tears. Taeyeon quickly then sensed the anxiety coming from Seohyun, then she glared at Luhan, as well.

“You better not ing touch any of the girls, before I come and ing sue you, alright? Leave us alone..forever.” Taeyeon’s voice grew louder as she spoke the last word with such a sharp tone, it even made Tiffany jump. And usually, she was the calm one in these situations. The other girls from the other side of the mass store ran over in their four-inch heels to back the three up, just in case.

“It’s fine, girls.” Seohyun nodded meekly. She held the outfit tightly in her hands with her arm shaking vigorously. “Let’s just go and check out. I’m sure that Cherry Koko has amazing minis on sale or something.”

“You sure? I could--” Sooyoung tried to make her feel better by wanting to buy her some things instead, but was suddenly cut off. The others watched Luhan walking away faster than ever.

Though, as the girls walked to the long checkout line, Seohyun was the only one who saw his eyes become darkened under his slight bangs.


Just as long as he’s not thinking about what happened before....


======

Whoa, okay. Sorry for not updating in FOREVER. I thought I'd have it done by March, but school was taking up my entire life and if it wasn't bad enough...well, nevermind. I tried to have some romance-like SeoHan moments to happen, but unfortunately, it would've taken much longer, so I tried to add some suspence in~

Oh, and I'll definitely update Right or Wrong and Seventeen Little Secrets soon~! Other fanfics will be on hold 'till then. Oh, and reviews will be on hiatus until July. Hope you liked the chapter! :)

======