Chapter 1

Our Heaven

 

‘’ Mr Choi, your condition is getting more and more stable and something that’s more surprising is the tumour in your head got smaller ‘’

‘’ What does that mean? ‘’ Jonghun look at the doctor with a gulp, afraid of anything bad despite knowing the fact that he’s a dead man soon.

Everything is just about time . . .

‘’ Well, if this process continued on, you are most completely cured. It’s something that we can’t use science to explain ‘’ the doctor gave an assurance smile as she remove those x – rays film from the light box. 

 

Getting cured? Everything seems so ridiculous . . .

 

This brain tumour have been haunting him for years that Jonghun no longer remembered how long he had actually lived with it. He remembered his condition worsened over the time till being left with a year lifespan.

Now, 2 years have already passed by . . . and he was informed that he was almost completely cured? It’s absurd.

‘’ There’s many unexplainable things out in this world that scientist was still searching for theories to support it, your case is one of the rare one that happened in our hospital ‘’ the doctor added on

 

Unexplainable things?

 

 This strike Jonghun mind as he agreed with the fact since there’s indeed many unexplainable things out in this world and one of it was actually living in his household.

‘’ Mr Choi? Are you okay? ‘’ the doctor look intently at her patient in front of her as she noticed about how carried away he was since the moment he heard about his results and etc.

‘’ Yeah – yeah I’m fine ‘’ Taken aback by the sudden question, Jonghun stuttered a little shifting his gaze away from the intent stare from his doctor.

The doctor chuckled a little by the respond ‘’ Okay that’s all for today, Mr Choi ‘’

----------

Jonghun always categorized his life as simplicity since it always involve going to work at his friend Jaejin bakery shop and at time he would play his guitar at the park or something.

The day he graduated from university, his best friend Jaejin and himself have been living under the same roof.

‘’ I’m home ‘’ Jonghun hollered but was only invited by the unusual silence of the house.

The silence allows himself to hear his own breathing and even the shuffling of his feet as he make his way to the nearby cabinet to place his key.

‘’ Everyone’s out? ‘’ Jonghun thought to himself before he heard a soft breathing coming from the sofa area. Turning his body direction towards the source, he caught a figure sleeping on the sofa.

It was one of the unexplainable things or even species he just thought of that was living in his house.

Sighing to himself, Jonghun clenched his fist ‘’ IDIOT WAKE UP! AREN’T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE DOING HOUSE CHORES?! ‘’ he shouted directly into the sleeping figure ear.

Jumping up directly into a seating position with his back straight still ‘’ Jonghunnie ~ you’re back? ‘’

Jonghun look at the figure in front of him, those once bright eyes was reflected with tiredness and somehow he looks unusually pale . . .

A wave of worries raises as Jonghun notices those changes and to be exact, it seems to be worsening over these few weeks.

 

And that mean that it didn’t only started to take place in days ago . . . 

 

‘’ if you are tired, sleep inside the room! Idiot!!! ‘’

‘’ My name is Hongki ~ can’t you just call me by name? ‘’ Hongki snuggled onto Jonghun with a cheeky smile all over his face.

Shaking his head, Jonghun sigh again in despair by the unexplainable being act.

 

People always depict angel as gracious, elegant and beautiful being . . .

Yet the angel in front of him was the exact opposite, maybe he is a playful devil under an angel disguise.

 

Thinking about the past, it’s been three years since he have met Hongki . . .

 

-----------------------------------------------------Flashback -------------------------------------------------------

 

‘’ Mister, are you okay? ‘’ a soft voice ring in his head, Jonghun grumpily opened his eyes. The afternoon sunlight welcomes him as he found himself falling asleep under the tree.

Looking up, Jonghun saw him. White overall with a uniquely haircut – the person fringe was left long covering one of his eyes, however that doesn’t stop Jonghun from noticing those features being hidden underneath. The sunlight makes the person in front of him seems to be radiating that he almost look like an angel . . .

‘’ Wait . . . angel? Did I just saw a pair of wing on that person? ‘’ Jonghun thought to himself

Taking a second look clearly, behind that person back was a pair of white wing being spread out with few of its feather dropped on the ground.

Taking a deep breathe, Jonghun rubbed his eyes to ensure this wasn’t an illusion or dream ‘’ are you into cosplaying? ‘’ he asked

The person in front of him blink his eyes with a confuse look all over ‘’ what’s that? Is it something edible? ‘’

 

A face palm to himself by the reply he got from the person

 

‘’ Mister, can you help me? I kind of lost my way down to earth and couldn’t figure out my way back to heaven ‘’ The person scratch his head giving a sheepish smile which Jonghun eyebrow raise in doubt in return as he certainly doesn’t look mentally abnormal or maybe appearance can be deceiving after all.

‘’ Mister? ‘’

‘’ Sorry, I don’t know the way to heaven or maybe I’ll be going there soon but for now I’m not sure about the way ‘’ Jonghun replied, feeling a little ashamed and amused by his own illogical answer.

‘’ I DON’T WANT TO BE STUCK HERE!!! ‘’ The person who seems to be in his 20s or maybe even younger than him suddenly whined like a kid.

 

Somehow this sudden change of emotion convict Jonghun even more that . . .

This person in front of him is indeed crazy.

 

The day we met is a mistake . . .

Our meeting wasn’t fated. 

 

A/N: Hello everyone! this is a short story that I wanted to have it tested out before deciding if i should make it a full length story~ Do enjoy!! Next chapter which is the final will be up soon once I finished it.